Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Wednesday, 18 May 2005
cw-others (hoover links and more)
I updated my website. There are some more pictures up.

Also are hoover links allowed to be used on my site?

Those are the kind of html codes I'm looking for

Posted by Holli at 7:00 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post

Wednesday, 18 May 2005 - 9:40 AM EDT

Name: cw
Home Page: http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_colornames.asp

Yes, you can use hover links. If you're looking for code, the easiest way to do that is through CSS, either through an external stylesheet or an inline style tag. Here's a simple style tag that can be added to the head section of your page code to create links that change color on hover. It also removes the default underline that usually appears with links.

<style>
a{text-decoration:none}
a:hover {color:#008000}
</style>

or use a css color name instead of the color hex number like this......

<style>
a{text-decoration:none}
a:hover {color:green;}
</style>

more css color names can be found here- http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_colornames.asp

There are lots of other things that can be done to links using minimal CSS code including changing the border color of an image on hover should you want to use an image for your links.

I'll stop by your site later to take a look at the updates :).

Wednesday, 18 May 2005 - 12:03 PM EDT

Name: fl5/afloridagal

Is it easy to place them in the blog advanced settings? (which by the way is fixed on mine)...

I only added one link of pictures today.

Wednesday, 18 May 2005 - 1:43 PM EDT

Name: cw
Home Page: http://cwoolse.tripod.com/CustomBlog/

I thought you were talking about a regular web page. It's pretty easy to add them to a blog but it requires editting the style.btpl advanced template.

There are several classes of links defined in the style.btpl template. Each class controls a different type of link. For instance, there are side panel links, time links and several others.

The link 'style' must be defined for each class of links you want to change to hover. IOW changing one class only affects that class and not the others so you need to know which class you want to edit. It's easier to do than it sounds and can be fun to play with. You can start a test blog just for the purpose of seeing what can be changed in the templates before you use it on your real blog.

Tripod uses the same blog tool as the one here at AF. The link to a blog I built at Tripod to learn a little css is at the link above. There's a post toward the bottom about changing link colors on hover in a blog. I haven't worked on this blog in a while. Please excuse the mess. It looks a lot like my computer desk lol but maybe you'll find something useful hidden in there.

I really like the blog tool here at Lycos. It's very customizable with just a little knowledge of css. And it's also very hard to do anything to it that can't be repaired.

BTW- Is that clogged blog of yours fixed?

Wednesday, 18 May 2005 - 5:02 PM EDT

Name: fl5/afloridagal

Well I wasnt sure if I was going to be using them or not. Considering, I like my menu the way it is. I dont know. I havent decided.
I just have codes from a blog site that I'd like to test out I guess.
My blog is fixed. And thank you thank you thank you. That's why I'm skiddish to mess with it lol...
If that's ur site i"ll be sure to check it out.

Saturday, 21 May 2005 - 7:04 AM EDT

Name: biz2/metaphysician

Just a comment from a web visitor, hoover links drive me nuts.

View Latest Entries