Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Saturday, 7 May 2005
Changing link font color
Mood:  smelly
Now Playing: the sound of my hard drive
ok, this may seem like a total stupid question, but here goes.
I am using the blog builder thingie which is quite nice and i am trying to use the change appearance feature. ok. so i try to do a custome hex # color for my fonts, but it doesn't seem to be working because i am still getting the default color, which is red and clashes terribly with my nice orange background color for my links area. if anyone could help me out, i would appreciate it as this is my first ever blog and I don't want to get frustrated yet. lol. thanks
my url is
angelfire.com/poetry/mchootch

Posted by poetry/mchootch at 5:12 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post

Saturday, 7 May 2005 - 8:20 AM EDT

Name: cw
Home Page: http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_colornames.asp

To change the color of your panel links you'll need to go into the advanced customization templates and edit the stylesheet template (style.btpl) Look for this block of code

a.panelLinks:link {
font-family: <BLOG_VAR BODY_FONT>;
font-size: 11px;
line-height: 16px;
color: #000000;
}

a.panelLinks:visited {
}

a.panelLinks:active {
}

change the hex number for each link phase. You can use css colornames instead of hex numbers if you wish - see the link above. Preview and save the changes, then publish the template.

You can also convert a.panelLinks:active to a.panelLinks:hover by replacing the word hover for active in that line. Link colors will then change on mouseover which can be a neat effect if that's what you want.

hope that helps and have fun!

Saturday, 7 May 2005 - 1:17 PM EDT

Name: fl5/afloridagal
Home Page: http://www.afloridagal.com

Hi
I haven't had any problem with changing the font colors. Are you sure the change to custom color is checked? Because when I used mine it seemed ok. Of course I'm doing mine in black and white but some things could be a little simple.

View Latest Entries