Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Wednesday, 4 May 2005

Now Playing: https://www.angelfire.com/crazy4/afmcflorida
Topic: FrontPage
for some reason the buttons images for my nav bar aren't showing up. The images are there, I double checked and re-uploaded the image files just to be sure and still not showing up. The rest of the page's images seems to be there any ideas on what the problem could be?

The nav bar it's self seems to work, if you hold your cursor over the image place marks and click it takes you to the other pages.

Also the pages seem to take an awful long time to load, and I'm on broadband. I've used both IE and Mozilla.

Thanks for any suggestions on how to get these images to show up.

Posted by crazy4/afmcflorida at 3:47 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post

Wednesday, 4 May 2005 - 9:35 PM EDT

Name: dalleh

the way it looks the code of the images are not pointing to the right addresses, you have to deal with the editor to point where the images really are.

Thursday, 5 May 2005 - 10:52 AM EDT

Name: cw

Your images are definitely not in the location your page code points to. How did you upload the site? It should be "published" through FP and not uploaded any other way. I'm not an FP user but you might want to try recalculting your links and republishing through FP.

Also remember that AF servers are case sensitive. A file named something.gif is not the same file as one named Something.GIF. So make sure the file name as uploaded appears exactly the same as written in it's file path.

hth

Wednesday, 11 May 2005 - 2:29 PM EDT

Name: afmcflorida

I did publish through FP. I have no idea why it is pointing to the wrong place for the images just for the Nav bar. It seemed to do it right for the rest of the graphics. I just opened the HMTL in notepad and they are pointing to the file where the images are, the case is correct... I am just at a loss. I'm going to try and republish the site in a bit, redo the navigation, but why it *just* the navigaton graphics are effected I have no idea.

Thanks

View Latest Entries