Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Monday, 21 May 2007
help?
Mood:  irritated
I am new to this site and I can't get my site on the search engine where other people can view my site. My site: aschreiner0713.angelfire.com. Please Help.

Posted by aschreiner0713 at 6:59 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 19 May 2007

Hello, my website one page named: LK_movie.html, two videos do not work. Why? Yesterday was working good.
Please check for me!!!
Thank you.

Posted by fl5/lisalk00 at 9:04 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 18 May 2007
Login Problems
Mood:  sad
Hi everyone,

I'm having some problems with logging in to my angelfire site and I was wondering if anyone can help me with this.

The URL of my angelfire site is https://www.angelfire.com/games3/clanskyriders. For my username, I've always put /games3/clanskyriders/ and then the password. Tonight, however, I keep getting directed to a page that says that the entry doesn't match any records on the files.

I'm not sure, but I suppose that this has something to do with the changes that were made to the "style" of angelfire membernames last week.

Is there anything at all that I can do to regain access to my site? The last couple of hours have been very frustrating and I hope that someone out there can help me with this.

Thank You.

Posted by realskyrider at 3:17 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 17 May 2007
Can;t seem to post
II cannot seem to post.

The text does not show up in

Edit Posted
Entries

nor in

Edit Draft
Entries

If I try to save it as a Draft

Posted by ky/kentuckydan at 5:43 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Can't Post
I cannot post I have tried several times the text does not show up in posts nor drafts

Posted by ky/kentuckydan at 5:40 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 11 May 2007
Bug Angelfire Update
Topic: News
Angelfire has had a major backend update this week which will be big news for new members, though doesn't immediately affect current members.

From this point on, all new member accounts will be "normal" membernames (without the weird prefixes) and those accounts will have a URL of membername.angelfire.com. So, if you went and signed up today for an account named "supertoby", you'd have a URL of "supertoby.angelfire.com". That's pretty nice.

Current members will continue to work exact as they have worked before, without change. We also presently don't have any way of transferring an account from the old style name (www.angelfire.com/prefix/name) to the new style name, but you can create a new account and transfer over your files yourself. (We may someday offer this, but currently there are a number of bugs in the process and we don't want to expose any members to the risks.)

The club was down for a day as the new software was clashing with "club.angelfire.com", thinking that "club" was its membername. We've corrected the bug.

If you see any problems, please respond in this thread and I will raise them to the appropiate people.

Posted by ma3/jpranevich at 6:48 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post

Hi Angelfire Friends,
I made a page named LK_movie.html(4k). i can see and open the videos on my computer, but unable to open video links on that page in other computer!!! PLEASE HELP.
Thanks

Posted by fl5/lisalk00 at 10:50 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (6) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 10 May 2007

Test entry

Posted by club at 8:23 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 9 May 2007
Image protection
Mood:  not sure
Topic: Image Questions
I have just created a webpage and wondered if its possible to put a protection on the photos/images used. My niece pointed out that you can right click and save picture onto your computor etc, is there anyway this can be avoided or is there a way u can protect your pictures. Many thanks

Posted by planet/anita5 at 5:17 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post

Hi Angelfire Friends
i made a file name is called LK.movie.html(4k)
the top and the bottom between the video, it seems have extra space. Please help and check for me.
Thank you very much.
Lisa

Posted by fl5/lisalk00 at 1:52 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 5 May 2007
Testing using Firefox
Topic: News
Testing using Firefox, played with the date

Posted by dalleh at 12:01 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 4 May 2007
bg image again
Mood:  d'oh
How do I have one background image and have it fill the page?

Posted by crazy/peppermintcrunch at 10:35 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 3 May 2007
background image and color
Mood:  irritated
I want to have a background image tiled with a background color. Please help.

Posted by crazy/peppermintcrunch at 2:01 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
How do I add right panel to my site in advanced customization?
I would like to add a right panel to my site using advanced customization

What do I add to the index.btbl file to create a new right panel??

Here's what my site looks like now..

https://www.angelfire.com/zine2/athomedad/index.blog

I currently just have a left panel, and need one on the right side also.

I tried adding this but it didn't work..

#panel {
position: absolute;
right: 0;
padding: 15px;
}

Any help would be aprec!!!

- Pete

Posted by athomedad at 12:04 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 2 May 2007
????New
How do I embed the ifilm I want on my side?

Posted by blog/tanja at 7:38 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 1 May 2007
Newbie help needed
Topic: HTML Questions
Hi,
I was just refered to Angelfire as a better spot to build my website than Geocities on Yahoo. I have a couple of questions:
Does this site have web counters and guestbooks?
And what about weather banners and news to put on my page?
Thanks a lot for your help.
AnnJ

Posted by planet/annj at 7:22 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 30 April 2007
Links
Mood:  chillin'
Im new to this and wondering if someone can help me out. Im trying to create links on my page that will pull up word or excel documents by clicking on it and I cant seem to figure out how. Any help woul dbe greatly appreciated. Thanks

Posted by planet/egypt_2_1 at 12:07 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 22 April 2007
Posting Problems
My latest post is not showing up on the main blog address.

I can pull it up with the permalink and on that page it shows up and also is on the calendar.

But when I enter the main address it does not and there is no longer an active link on the calendar for Apr 22

Posted by ky/kentuckydan at 10:46 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 16 April 2007
Web Site Question
Now Playing: Confused
I'm so lost on this web site creator. I in the process of making one, and I don't know how to link my pages together. I currently have 3 pages, but can not access them from eachother. I have to view them separately. If any one out there can give me some pointers that would be appreciated. I'm not too familiar with this site so my email would be a better way to contact me. lilcuz32@yahoo.com. Thanx to anyone who can help me.

Posted by planet/qpspitbulls at 11:24 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 13 April 2007
Richards Music Pages
Mood:  a-ok
I hope someone can help me with this question, as I can find anything in the general help questions section. I would like to put a local weather banner on my site. I found "free local weather banners" at www.findlocalweather.com. These banners are totally free. They offer free code and you don' t make any money for 'click thrus' like you would with banner ads. If I was to post this code on the site, would that be violating any Angelfire agreements? Would a banner giving weather info 'commericialize' the site?

Posted by planet/richardsmusicpages at 6:33 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older