Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Tuesday, 18 December 2007
Comment problems??

I continue to have comment problems on my blog. Is this a problem throughout angelfire right now? People who visit can't even get the comment box to pop up lately.

Thanks,

Sallie

Posted by Sallie M. Anderson at 11:32 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post

Tuesday, 18 December 2007 - 4:58 PM EST

Name: "anonymous"

we had a problem with it here about 2 -3 weeks ago, it is fixed, what is the address, which browser are you using?

Wednesday, 19 December 2007 - 8:05 AM EST

Name: "cw"

sallie- I left 2 test comments in your blog. There's a problem but not sure it is on the AF end or on yours.... or both. You have quite a bit added to that page, over a MB of images and text. The page loads slowly because of that and also does not load completely on first loading. It needs several refreshes (which has been noted by a few people on theses blogs as a general problem with larger files at AF as of the last few weeks).

When I try to post a comment from the main blog page, the editor does come up but behaves strangely. The initial text wants to indent in strange places. The comment also will not post. I am using the latest version of Firefox on a Mac.

To post a comment, I found the solution was to open the specific entry in a new tab or window using it's permalink. From there the comment box came up readily and the text entered as a comment behaved as it should. You might try that to see if it works for you.

Hope that helps 

Wednesday, 19 December 2007 - 2:53 PM EST

Name: sc/anderklan
Home Page: https://www.angelfire.com/sc/anderklan

we pay for the extra space and I have deleted so much already... we didn't have the problems before with even more on it...

I was wondering who those comments were from ..LOL

Wednesday, 19 December 2007 - 2:57 PM EST

Name: sc/anderklan
Home Page: https://www.angelfire.com/sc/anderklan

we are using internet explorer whatever the newest version is... the blog url is www.angelfire.com/sc/anderklan/blahblahblog

Am I going to have these same issues if I buy a domain and use angelfire as my host?I only have that chat box because I keep having problems with the comments...

Wednesday, 19 December 2007 - 3:15 PM EST

Name: "cw"

sallie- the amount of space you have isn't the issue. All those files on a page have weight and need to load. Put too much weight on a page, and depending on the connection a visitor uses, the page can sink.

I use modem. For me, a blog page like yours with over 1MB of files will take at least five minutes to load. Meanwhile, the other functions of the blog will suffer. The page would need to load fully before the comment screen can be expected to be available. At least that is how it works for me in my browser at my slower connection speeds.

View Latest Entries