Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Monday, 3 December 2007
Help
Mood:  chillin'
Topic: HTML Questions

I NEED HELP!

I am trying to load a web page for my class but i cant seem to get any of the links to work. I got my front page to load and work, but i cant seems to any of the links to work. I also cant get any of my images to load.... help please

Posted by crazyness47 at 8:41 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post

Tuesday, 4 December 2007 - 1:13 PM EST

Name: "cw"

many many things wrong.

First, convert your MS word doc to html to strip out all the MS Word code that has no relevance to the web before uploading the code. MS word is meant for desktop publishing not web sites.

Images- .bmp is not a web format. Web image formats are .jpg, .gif and .png. BMP may not display in all browsers. When your bmps are are converted to an appropriate web format, upload them. Your file path says they are located in a subfolder (subdirectory) called "home[page_files". Create the subdirectory at your account and upload the images into it that belong there.

Files used on the web can't be named with spaces. Many of your linked files contain spaces in their names. The 520 means a space in the name as in your link code below.....

<a href="../Tourism%20in%20Honduras.docx">
Rename the files and rewrite the links.  
.docx is NOT a web file format. Visitors may not be able to open them even if your link eventually works.

Tuesday, 4 December 2007 - 1:20 PM EST

Name: "cw"

PS- forgot to tell you to ditch the vml graphics (word art) That is only supported by IE(windows) browsers. Those viewing your site in Firefox, Safari, etc. will not see them at all and think you are daft :).

The goal is to try to build a site for the world wide web which should be accessible to anyone and everyone and don't just build for M$ and it's products alone.

good luck! 

View Latest Entries