Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Tuesday, 27 November 2007
Download issues at Angelfire
Mood:  quizzical
Topic: Image Questions

Hello,

I would like to know why am unable to download the whole document on angelfire, even after several refreshes, whereas it comes through OK on geocities.

After all, it's only 133K in size.....

Am using Dial-up connection with 56K modem.

http://www.geocities.com/wwwebmonitor/Peter_Myles_Lusitania.jpg
https://www.angelfire.com/home/hmsfiji/Peter_Myles_Lusitania.jpg

I notice, that there has been similiar question recently (Tuesday, 6 November 2007) on this blog , which didn't  quite receive a satisfactory answer or solution.

Posted by home/hmsfiji at 8:51 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post

Wednesday, 28 November 2007 - 7:40 AM EST

Name: "cw"

If you need a more satisfactory answer or solution, then you'll need to fill out a support ticket and ask AF directly. This is a member to member help blog. We can only give you answers from a members point of view. Whatever the problem is (and there certainly is one from a test of your links on my own 56K modem), it can't be fixed from here.

OT- making images of text is not the best way to handle text. It will not be readable to a search engine so it's content can't be indexed. 

Wednesday, 28 November 2007 - 9:30 PM EST

Name: "home/hmsfiji"

Hi CW,

Please don't think that I was being critical of the helpers on this blog.

I was under the impression that someone from the Angelfire Team drops by now & then to check out this resource; and would then take note of any issue which can only be fixed at the server end.

I really appreciate your taking the trouble to visit the links that I provided & letting me know that you experienced the same problem.

I am on my way to open a ticket.

Thursday, 29 November 2007 - 8:16 AM EST

Name: "cw"

Sorry. Didn't mean that to sound harsh :). It's been a long time since anyone from support has looked in on and answered a blog post here. Those employees that did that, did it on their own time I think. Anyway, hope you get support to look into this because there IS a problem as a few modem users have noted now. Good luck and let us know what happens.

Saturday, 1 December 2007 - 12:31 PM EST

Name: "anonymous"

Angelfire definitely has a problem with 56k modem downloads using normal HTML (FTP is okay).  All I can tell you is to try to get some solution through normal channels but if you don't have any success in two weeks or they say that the problem does not exist, try sending an email to one of the managers high up in the Lycos organization (but only as a last resort) asking for addidtional help.

Thursday, 30 June 2022 - 5:27 AM EDT

Name: "ropoji1175"
Home Page: http://takesurvey.onl/burger-king-survey-free-whopper/

MyBK Experience Survey lets the company find out what their customers think about their services, foods, and stores, so they can improve to the next level.

View Latest Entries