Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Friday, 2 November 2007
BROWSE MEMBERS SITES

I took some time today to hop around in my Angrlfire account to see what is happening.  I ran across this list, "BROWSE MEMBERS SITES".  I would like my Angelfire web site (www.countrytimefarm.net) listed there as well, under the "SHOPPING" list.  I have items for the listings, CRAFTS, JEWELRY, GIFTS, & HOME AND GARDEN.

THANK YOU!

Dixie

Posted by ia/countrytimefarm at 10:30 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post

Friday, 2 November 2007 - 10:39 AM EDT

Name: "countrytimefarm"
Home Page: http://www.countrytimefarm.net

SORRY about the double post!  I am still learning!

Dixie

Friday, 2 November 2007 - 1:14 PM EDT

Name: "cw"

dixie- I deleted your extra post. Re the categories. as far as we members know or have been able to figure out, the sites get indexed automatically. Probably much like google, from text content on your pages. You will need to contact support for a real answer:) If you get one, can you post it back here?

Friday, 2 November 2007 - 1:26 PM EDT

Name: "cw"

dixie - if you use the search box and type in "INTERNET CRAFT FAIR", you'll see your site if you choose the option to search AF sites. Try other keywords as well, or just use your AF membername (ia/whatever can't see your name since it's hidden by the comment entry screenb lol) to see what pages are indexed.

It appears that most all AF sites are indexed but searching through categories is not the most productive way to find a specific site. Better to search by keywords... meaning key words used as actual text content on your pages. Most search engines ignore meta keywords (as in a meta keyword tag) because they often contain non relevant keywords that have little to do with a site's content. So they index the real  content that appears on any given page. Hope that makes sense.

Anyway, seems like you need not do anything to get indexed into the directory. I can find your site there.

Friday, 2 November 2007 - 1:31 PM EDT

Name: "Dixie"
Home Page: https://www.angelfire.com/ia/countrytimefarm

"CW"  Thanks for your responce to my question.  I thought it would only be right for ALL of us Anglefire members to have a listing of our web site there, not just a few.  Getting an answer back from support is very unpredictable.  Been there, done that!  I will try again to get an answer from them.  And yes I will post it here. 

Dixie

View Latest Entries