Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Sunday, 19 August 2007
linking to files in a different folder
Mood:  lazy
Topic: HTML Questions
I know the basics of linking to a file, but got stuck on this one...I keep missing little things *wink* Anyway, I have a sounds subfolder and a books subfolder in my main turtlestruebiz folder. I want to have a file inside my books subfolder link to a file inside my sounds subfolder..... I know how to link to a file in a subfolder inside the folder the file is in, but how do I make the link go up one level? For example, instead of going from turtlestruebiz to books (in which case I'd link to it as books/file.html) I need to go from books to turtlestruebiz and over to a different subfolder. How would I write that?

Posted by turtlestruebiz at 11:21 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post

Monday, 20 August 2007 - 8:48 PM EDT

Name: "dalleh"
Home Page: https://www.angelfire.com/md/jdfaq

here how it goes

if you want to link  to file in the books subdirectory ( in the same  subdirectory )  ./file.html

you want to link from a subdirectory to the top directory like from books to the index.html in the main director  

../index.html

one dot to the same level 2 dots to the upper level 

a link from the books subdirectory to the main index page

<a href=../index.html> Home page </a> 

View Latest Entries