Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Friday, 10 August 2007
Paid site Online Chat Always Offline
Mood:  irritated
I have been an Angelfire member since 1999 and have had a paid site at mn/nn since February 2002. On July 16 my credit card was charged the monthly fee by Lycos on my credit card and it is on my paper credit card statement. I can send you a xerox of it. On July 28, my credit card statement shows 2 more charges of $1 each from Lycos. The same day mn/nn was changed to "Free" status even though the next payment is not due until August 16. My previous support tickets have not been answered or even acknowledged, so I got another paid site at nm/m only to find that online chat promised on the signup page is always "offline." What is going on? It has been 2 weeks since you charged my credit card the additional $2 and then changed the site to free status. My pageviews have gone from 1500 on Friday July 27 to as little as 300 a day. When will my paid site at mn/nn be fixed? What is wrong with my credit card? The bank says it is fine. Nothing on it has been changed since it was charged successfully by Lycos on July 16. I pay it off every month so 100% of credit is available for Lycos monthly charge. The online chat feature promised on the signup page is offline. A paid site member at club.Tripod.com says the lycos online chat feature is always offline. What good is a live chat feature for paid members that is always offline? What good is a phone number for Lycos billing on the credit card that just goes to a recording that says Customer Service doesn't accept any phone calls? I had to delete over two thirds of my audio, graphics and pages at mn/nn just to get down to the "free" status storage requirement. I signed up today to change nm/m to paid status with my credit card and it went thru without a problem. No answer to my numerous Support Tickets either. See you all tomorrow with a new post.

Posted by mn/nn at 1:28 PM EDT | Post Comment | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Friday, 10 August 2007 1:34 PM EDT

View Latest Entries