Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Tuesday, 21 November 2006
IMAGE UPLOADED, NO DISPLAY!
Mood:  rushed
Topic: HTML Questions
Hey people,

Sorry if am butting in, but I need urgent help.

I am trying to put up images of E-cards I have made for my sister's wedding. I am new to building and used HotDog professional to get the code. Now, when I'd view the HTML page I made with it on my comp, it would display the images. But I tried e-mailing it to myself to test it, and the images weren't opening up.....it kept showing the annoying cross on the top left.

THEN I thot of Angelfire and came here, but I dunno what is it that I am doing wrong. I uploaded that HTML file and made a folder : Images, and uploaded the JPEGS in images. Still not working. It doesn't even show it in the preview here. I tried the images in the root as well, that ain't working either.

I even tried changing the path of the images from the path on my comp to the path of our directories on angelfire with AND without "www.angelfire.com" bit before the path. No go. :-(

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME ASAP.....?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Posted by planet/fq-ecard at 4:47 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post

Wednesday, 22 November 2006 - 4:32 AM EST

Name: tom

I visited your site @ URL: https://www.angelfire.com/planet/fq-ecard/ and didn't find any link to the HTML file you claim to have uploaded.

BTW, you must put the http:// before the "www.angelfire.com"
otherwise your path will be incomplete and the images will not display.

I would suggest that you upload the HTML file, naming it index.html so that we can have a look at what may be wrong.

Wednesday, 22 November 2006 - 9:27 AM EST

Name: cw

If you can't see them in preview then something is wrong. Some possible troubleshooting......

The written file path must match the location of the uploaded files. If uploaded to the folder called Images then the relative path is Images/someimage.jpg (or use the absolute http:// path like Tom suggested).

File and folder names are case sensitive. A folder called Images is not the same as one called images. someimage.JPG is not the same file as someimage.jpg. The written path to a file or folder must match the file's and folder's location and name exactly including letter case.

File and folder names can't have any spaces in their names. Only alphanumerics can be used when naming. No special characters can be used except a period, hyphen or underscore. That means no characters like an & in the file or folder name.

Leave the URL of your page if you need more help

View Latest Entries