Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Monday, 22 May 2006
Setting up a blog for my site
Mood:  not sure
I set up a blog, but it looks like anyone who posts has to be an angelfire member. Is that true? I am trying to organize a bunch of people, and I don't want them to have to join like 20 different things, as I get stuff going for us. Angelfire would be just another thing.

Can't I just make it so anyone can post, and I will approve what I want? member or no member?

Can someone please help.

Thanks.

Posted by ny4/Cazenovia1996 at 5:06 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post

Tuesday, 23 May 2006 - 1:31 PM EDT

Name: cw

There are two types of blog posts- 'entries' that appear on the main blog page and 'comments'. Comments are replies to entries. You must be a member to post an 'entry'- no way around that. But anyone can post a 'comment' to an entry whether they are members or not.

If you post an entry on your blog anyone can reply to it so you might be able to make the set up work for you. For what it's worth, I don't know of too many blogs or message boards that allow anonymous entry posting of the type you seem to want. Most all require membership or signups of some sort.

View Latest Entries