Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Friday, 27 January 2006
Can't understand Angelfire
I just don't understand the Angelfire structure.
It seems there are :

1) angelfire blog---Pretty much quite easy to click on
create new entry ,edit entry.....insert image or
sound....etc.
Here entry is sequential by date\\ can not insert entry between two old dates.

2) Angelfire web site--- use html\\ insert entry
anywhere between any old entries.
Why do I have this web site option ? I thought
Angelfire is a blog site.
Are the above items 1) & 2) TRUE? please help & explain.
Thanks.

Posted by blog/clindex at 9:48 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post

Friday, 27 January 2006 - 2:52 PM EST

Name: cw

AF is both a web host and a blog host. A separate tool is used for each and their purpose can be the same or different depending on what you need or want.

A blog is primarily intended as a diary or journal though it can be adapted for other uses. It is dynamically generated and can be interactive, more like a message board. It is better used for things that are intended to be followed day by day and through which visitors can easily add their own content. As set up in the simple blog manager, it isn't intended to have the design flexibility of a web page. The design *can* be flexible but it will take some html and css building knowledge to work with the advanced customization templates.

A web page is static, meaning it's intended for visitors to simply see and read and only changes when you edit it and publish your changes. It's better used where content isn't expected to be able to change at a moment's notice such as might happen when someone adds a comment to a blog entry or posts an entry of their own if allowed. Visitors generally can't add anything to web pages you've built. Only you can do that. If you want visitors to be able to reach you, you'll need to add contact info like a linked email address which will open a message to you in their mail program, or through the use of a cgi form that can be sent to you from your page.

A web page would be a better choice for business or personal pages you want visitors only to view without giving them the ability to add content of their own directly to your page. There is web page building software that can make page building easier to do without a lot of html knowledge if the web page tools provided by AF don't meet your needs.

Friday, 27 January 2006 - 3:29 PM EST

Name: blog/clindex

This is the best explanation ever.
You have given me a 2-sided comparison.
I begin to see the light of days.
Many many thanks.

Friday, 27 January 2006 - 4:27 PM EST

Name: cw

You are most welcome. That was harder to explain than I thought so glad you found it helpful. If you have more questions, just post them here. We will try to help if we can.

View Latest Entries