Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Wednesday, 11 January 2006
Gogear GuestBook getting 'robo' spammed!
My Guest Book is getting blasted with scummy poker site spam - around 70 comments a day that I have to sift through and delete.
Is there a way I can stop this 'robot' spammer and have guests enter a code or something before they can post a comment?
Or is there some other thing I can do?
I have all comments now set to 'hidden' until I give them the ok, but it still means I have to check and delete up to 70 entries of this garbage a day.
Any suggestions welcome.

Posted by trek/nz_usa at 11:44 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post

Thursday, 12 January 2006 - 11:09 AM EST

Name: jrp34

We are aware of these problems and have been systematically blocking the spammers from posting. However, we cannot yet auto-clean your guestbooks. Also, the spammers like to move around so this is still a work-in-progress.

But we are working on it.

JP

Thursday, 12 January 2006 - 5:49 PM EST

Home Page: https://www.angelfire.com/trek/nz_usa

Thanks JP, glad to hear that at least you are aware of it and working on it. Today, for the first time (so far!)the rats haven't infested the nest!

Monday, 16 January 2006 - 2:42 PM EST

Name: az3/goladyjags
Home Page: http://www.goladyjags.com

Thanks, JP -

It's good to hear that somebody is finally working on this. About a month ago, I made a similar post and Tom said there wasn't much that could be done.

Things have slacked off slightly, but I still get 1-2 spams a day. I just wish they would stop.

View Latest Entries