Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Tuesday, 13 December 2005
Text Block Question
I need to add some more information to my site, but the text block will not allow me to add any more information. If I copy and paste some info, it will simply delete information at the bottom. My index file shows 32K of info. Please help. I am extremely frustrated.

Thanks.

Posted by planet/2005colbydualtourny at 12:18 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post

Tuesday, 13 December 2005 - 2:45 PM EST

Name: cw

I can think of two possibilities causing the problem- bad html such as a mising tag. Or you're adding too much code so that it's larger in file size than the page, the editor, or your clipboard can handle.

Before you paste text, copy it to notepad to remove any formatting that may have come along from whereever you copied from. If copied from MS Word then you're most likely bringing a lot of nonweb html with it that serves no purpose on a web page. Removing that code bloat should decrease the size of the file and may allow you to paste.

You could also try pasting smaller blocks of text at one shot.

You should probably just start a second page though to continue your info. A 32K HTML file is getting up there in file size and probably getting difficult to navigate without a lot of scrolling.

Tuesday, 13 December 2005 - 8:48 PM EST

Name: dalleh

you need to convert to advance html, make a copy of your page, convert the copy, and see if it works first,the shell and the form on basic is eating the memory up. use to be around 18K the max in basic try to split to more than one page

View Latest Entries