Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Friday, 7 October 2005
photo album pages
Topic: Image Questions
I am having problems with my photo album pages. I cannot upload images or create new pages. This happened months ago after Angelfire restructured the photo album pages. Customer support has not been able to help me. Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Posted by art2/inglesart at 12:07 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (8) | Permalink | Share This Post

Saturday, 8 October 2005 - 1:22 AM EDT

Name: cw

Did you check your disk space?

Saturday, 8 October 2005 - 12:38 PM EDT

Name: Julianne Ingles
Home Page: https://www.angelfire.com/art2/inglesart/index.html

yes I checked my disk space. I am using 9.4 MB of 25.0 MB.

Saturday, 8 October 2005 - 2:40 PM EDT

Name: mamagoo

you have diskspace so that should not be the problem....

how large are the files that you are trying to upload and are they all named correctly? with the proper extensions .jpg .gif etc...(no bimaps .bmp) and no illegal chracters in the file naming...
the dash and underscore are acceptable, spaces in file names are not....if all the files are named correctly and are not overly huge file sizes (if they are anything like huge 1mb files than that would be way way to large of a file to upload and to store in your directory and to load on a page.......

also if all the above seems correct:

have you tried to upload the photo's from the web shell directory?
open the web shell and open your photo album directory that holds your photo's for the album and try to upload to the directory, directly, (do not use the thumbnail directory that you find there, upload to the 'main directory of the photo album title directory' that it opens too.)
if they upload then go to the photo album build site and they should be there....if not make sure you uploaded to the correct directory.....

by new pages what do you mean? photo album creates new pages when the amount of photo's on one page is filled....

also try this:
create a test album and test out that to see if you can upoad to a new album....just for testing to see what happens...

hth

Saturday, 8 October 2005 - 3:25 PM EDT

Name: RE mamagoo

I just visited your site and I see that you have numerous albums in catagories so I see what you meant on adding new pages...
but help does say that you can have as many albums as you want as long as you have disk space so it looks like that is not the problem of having to many albums....
--------------
help says:
You can technically create as many albums as you'd like. We don't put a limit on the number of albums. However, you are limited to the amount of files you can have in the account at one time. So, you'll run out of file space before we stop you from creating photo albums.
----------------
so if you cannot create new albums to upload too then the web shell method won't work for new albums because you cannot create an album from the web shell, that has to be done with photo builder.....

have you cleared your cache and cookies lately? are you free of browser spyware or changed any browser security settings or are you running any type of 3rd party firewall security that could be interfering with the photo album process for java scripting?
-----
also:
you have many pictures to look at but I did notice that many are in the decent file size area and the file names from what I did observe are being named correctly.....

however I did notice that 'some' art pictures are in the 100,000byte file area which is quite large....

othere then that,
I guess you would have to see what angelfire tech support comes up with to help you.....

good luck hope it all wroks out
your very artistic....!

Monday, 10 October 2005 - 3:24 PM EDT

thanks for the suggestions about my photo album problem. Below are my responses to your questions:

have you cleared your cache and cookies lately? YES

are you free of browser spyware or changed any browser security settings or are you running any type of 3rd party firewall security that could be interfering with the photo album process for java scripting? I HAVE A MAC SO I DON'T THINK SPYWARE IS A PROBLEM. I HAVEN'T CHANGED ANY SECURITY SETTINGS RECENTLY. I DON'T BELIEVE I AM RUNNING ANY 3RD PARTY FIREWALL SECURITY.

I have an idea of what the problem may be. Prior to Angelfire changing the photo album pages, I was using some HTML in the description area of the photo album pages. For example italics, bold and html for "return to home page". I noticed that after the conversion from the old photo album pages to the new ones, the html that I had put in the description area changed - it became very lengthy and unrecognizable to me. So, I deleted all of this, thinking that this would resolve my problem. But it didn't change anything. Any thoughts about this?

Thursday, 13 October 2005 - 1:28 AM EDT

Name: mamagoo

I don't think those changes you made would affect the overall ability of not being able to create albums and uploading....

that 's why I think angelfire tech should have a look at it. It sounds like a server problem on the pohoto album side of your account.

Have you tried using another browser? or using another computer? If it works elsewhere then it may have something to do with your server and lycos sever in that area of your account....

good luck and I hope tech can sort it out for you...

Thursday, 13 October 2005 - 1:36 AM EDT

Name: mamagoo again

BTW,
Can you work in the web shell without any problems like uploading files from there or creating pages from there?

go to the web shell and see if things work for you there...
like uploading and things....

if you can't upload and do things there then your account needs to be fixed....or there is a problem between your isp server and lycos server....

Friday, 14 October 2005 - 11:04 AM EDT

I can upload from the webshell and also I was able to create a new photo album page using Internet Explorer 5.1 (I was using Netscape 7.0). So this is progress. Next I will see if I can upload images to the existing photo album pages. I have an old iMac, OS 9, any suggestions for other browsers to use?

View Latest Entries