Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Tuesday, 4 October 2005
Buttons do not appear
I didn't see this problem in the "common problems" section, so hopefully this isn't something that's been asked a million times before. When I log into my site, and go to the Webshell, the File buttons (view, edit, rename, move, duplicate, delete) and the Directories buttons (open, rename, delete) do not show up; all I see are the words "Files" and "Directories" and blank space to the right. The large pink button to log out is also not visible. Up until a few days ago, however, the functionality of these buttons was still there, so I could hover my cursor over the spot where each button should have appeared, and "blindly" click to perform the task. As of a few days ago, however, that functionality is completely gone. I've tried logging in with two different browsers (Netscape 7.2 and Internet Explorer 6.0) and have done the basics like clearing my cache, lowering the browser's security level, rebooting, etc., to no avail. I haven't changed anything on my machine recently, nor have I installed any new software. I'm fairly certain this has to do with the configuration of my PC, and not my Angelfire site itself, as I am able to log in and see everything from my work computer. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Posted by home/qaf at 10:30 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post

Wednesday, 5 October 2005 - 2:26 AM EDT

Name: tom

Since you are certain that the problem originates
within your own home computer, and not with the Angelfire
webshell...and because a few days ago everything was OK,
it makes me believe that perhaps your computer has been
infected with some sort of virus.

You can do a free online virus scan @ housecall.trendmicro.com

View Latest Entries