Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Monday, 3 October 2005
Announcing: Angelfire Planet
Topic: News
I'm pleased to announce Angelfire's newest feature: Angelfire Planet. This is an extremely new thing for us and we're extremely proud of what we put together so far.

So, what is Planet?

It's not a social network, or a blog tool, or a photo album, or a slideshow builder, or a web page builder. But, it is a neat place where you can express yourself, connect with your circle of friends, share pictures and stories, or rate the pictures and stories of others. It's really not like anything we've built before.

Angelfire Planet is both a part of Angelfire as a whole and separate. It's a bit of a shift. That isn't to say that Angelfire will focus less on traditional web publishing, but now we also have something different.

As some of Angelfire's best community members, I encourage you to check it out and provide your comments. You are early-adopters, it only became available today, so your feedback is doubly appreciated.

Also: Your disk quotas and bandwidth alotments don't count on Planet, so you can build as much as you want, or post as many photos as you want, without worrying about it.

I encourage you to sign up and take the new features for a spin. The team is extremely proud of the work that we've done and are eager to show it off.

Please feel free to leave comments here with your feedback.

http://planet.angelfire.com

JP

Posted by blog/jrp34 at 11:31 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (8) | Permalink | Share This Post

Tuesday, 4 October 2005 - 12:15 AM EDT

Name: dalleh
Home Page: http://planet.angelfire.com/md/jdfaq/

how do we change the background?

Tuesday, 4 October 2005 - 12:36 AM EDT

Name: hero/jeb2004
Home Page: https://www.angelfire.com/hero/jeb2004/main.html

I like "My Planet" its very cool..

but I would like for angelfire.com/angelfire staff to PRETTY PLEASE for when you log in to put back that when thing that you can stay and keep logged in so I dont have to keep re logging in all the time. Why did they take it off in the first place? If you can tell them id love for them to put it back on. Would help soo much

Tuesday, 4 October 2005 - 1:10 AM EDT

Name: jrp34

Look for the "Surface Shop" link on your planet or the "Surfaces" tab on the front-door.

Welcome to the "Token Economy". In the future, there will be other things to "buy" and you will get tokens as rewards for building popular TVs or photos, inviting other members, etc. Right now, you will be given more if you run out so it's not really a big deal. This is the "bootstrap" phase, as it were and all of the rules aren't in place yet as we see what works and what doesn't.

JP

Tuesday, 4 October 2005 - 1:11 AM EDT

Name: jrp34

Comment has been passed on. I'm surprised that you need to log back in all the time, I thought that we defaulted to it being sticky. Either way, I'll see what I can find out for you.

JP

Tuesday, 4 October 2005 - 9:58 AM EDT

Name: biz2/metaphysician

It seems like a fun new feature.
1.I cannot upload any pics to the mytv.
It says that the parameters are undefined:?
2. Can we upload videos to the mytv?

Tuesday, 4 October 2005 - 10:23 AM EDT

Name: Mike

All your questions may have already been answered (I know, I wrote most of them).

For Planet help, visit http://help.lycos.com/planet

Mike
Customer Support - Lycos

Tuesday, 4 October 2005 - 10:30 AM EDT

Name: Jason

thanks for passing it on. and now im going to try figuring more out on the Planet now. see what I can all do with it :D

Tuesday, 4 October 2005 - 12:03 PM EDT

Name: hero/jeb2004

i just tried uploading multi photos and then when i pressed submet it came to this

Exception: We're sorry,
this action failed.

View Latest Entries