Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Wednesday, 24 August 2005
Almost finished
Mood:  don't ask
Now Playing: City of heroes
Topic: FrontPage
OK Hi I'm new too but I'm figuring everything about html writing just fine. My index and 2nd page are pretty much finished and I plan on working on them as time goes on.
Ok, now whenever I type in URL it doesn't take me to my site. Does anyone know why this could be? It takes me to an angelfire.com caution site. www.angelfire.com/hero2/akbornideas.com is supposed to be the website. I did get the email already and logged in using it and can log in and out with no problem but when i want to show the site to someone else they can't see it and unless I'm logged in i can't see it either. DO I have to pay for an account in order for other people to see it? thanks allen

Posted by hero2/akbornideas at 3:56 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post

Wednesday, 24 August 2005 - 7:16 AM EDT

Name: tom

www.angelfire.com/hero2/akbornideas.com is not the URL for your site.
The proper URL is: www.angelfire.com/hero2/akbornideas/

There appears to be something wrong with the way you are
storing and accessing your images. For instance:
https://www.angelfire.com/hero2/akbornideas/_indexpictures/Smiley_bigbook__350_.jpg

I don't know what is the problem, but your background image isn't appearing and all the images are causing prompts to appear asking for passwords.

Perhaps the other helpers on this blog will be able to offer more assistance.

Wednesday, 24 August 2005 - 7:27 AM EDT

Name: hero2/akbornideas
Home Page: https://www.angelfire.com/hero2/akbornideas

OK great that did help alot. I typed it in and went straight to the site. The only thing is it came in perfectly on my computer the site was good. Did anyone else run into the problems with the pictures when they went there?? thanks alot allen

Wednesday, 24 August 2005 - 8:48 AM EDT

Name: cw

Same problem here. Is it possible you somehow privatized the image folder you're using called "_indexpictures"? Does that folder exist and is that where you uploaded the images?

In addition, the link text at the bottom of your home page is invisible and can only be seen by highlighting the text. That's because the only background that shows is a black BG color and your link text defaults to black. There is no html formatting associated with the actual link text. -(</font> tag comes right after the word "Link")

Wednesday, 24 August 2005 - 6:45 PM EDT

Name: hero/jeb2004
Home Page: https://www.angelfire.com/hero/jeb2004/main.html

well www.angelfire.com/hero2/akbornideas.com is wrong it needs to be as said before www.angelfire.com/hero2/akbornideas/ and if your going to add a diff page then you have to type it in at the end as .html other it wont show up.. and i had to do the same about signing in..check that out once

View Latest Entries