Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Wednesday, 15 June 2005

The Angelfire Team has released a major backend update to the site, though with some changes that you may be interested in:

1. Angelfire now allows Google Image Search to better index and correctly display images hosted on Angelfire free member sites.

2. We've upgraded our Microsoft FrontPage support to the most recent Service Pack. This may help with issues that some members are reporting, even though we have been unable to reproduce them here. This may enable more features in some versions of the FrontPage client... or probably not. (The client and server are both a bit of a "black box". We can test to ensure that it works, but have little visibility to know what features are different.)

3. Backend changes have been made to the way the homepage and My Account pages are displayed, plus in the way WebStats reports are generated, though there should not be any visible changes.

If you see any problems on the site today, especially with the components above, please let us know by responding in this thread.

Posted by blog/jrp34 at 2:54 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post

Thursday, 16 June 2005 - 2:24 AM EDT

Name: tom

Hi,

I was [sort of] hoping that the new ability for Google to correctly display Angelfire images, would also apply to foreign language Angelfire pages, which are translated by 'Google Search' into English.

Example:
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=https://www.angelfire.com/va/violetteszabo/deutsch.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dviolette%2Bszabo%2Bfrancais%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DG

Thursday, 16 June 2005 - 8:35 AM EDT

Name: blog/jrp34

That should probably be allowed now, also. If it isn't working, I'll investigate. That said, other things might break because we key a lot of things on hostname. That's not "officially" supported, really.

JP

Thursday, 16 June 2005 - 8:15 PM EDT

Name: az3/goladyjags

JP, a friend of mine had a real problem finding our website by searching yahoo. Any chance that we can get them in line with google? And even with google, we should appear on the front page, but we don't show up until page 2.

Thursday, 16 June 2005 - 9:47 PM EDT

Name: jrp34

We can't do much to make to make search engines include Angelfire sites. We make available a list which the search engines crawl, but the science of how or why they actually include specific sites is their own voodoo. There's not much more we can do, unfortunately.

JP

Friday, 17 June 2005 - 3:29 AM EDT

Name: fl5/afloridagal

is it necessary that I use Net Scape to keep me logged in? Is there anyway to use the remember me log in like before. When you sign in, you get the box and check it?

View Latest Entries