Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Tuesday, 7 June 2005
Help.
Mood:  mischievious
Now Playing: Puppy Love.
Topic: HTML Questions
Hi Guys, What hap pends if I put shared with community but I think I have just found the answer here.

Posted by bc3/georgie at 8:32 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post

Tuesday, 7 June 2005 - 9:09 AM EDT

Name: cw

I know you know the answer now but am going to write it here anyway in case other people don't know what it does.

Shared with community means a private entry that can only be seen by other members of the community *only when they are logged in*. If a member is not logged in, the entry can't be seen by them. A shared with community or private entry will be marked with a little buddy icon right before the topic.

Posting private entries to this help blog is not a good idea since your question may get missed. Only people logged into the help blog will see it. Public entries can be seen and answered by anyone, even if they are not logged in.

Tuesday, 7 June 2005 - 9:29 AM EDT

Name: bc3/georgie

Hi, cw

Thanks you have been a really great help but can I ask you just one thing more if I put a public entry on my blog will it been seen by everyone on the web. Thanks for all your great help. All the best.

Georgie.

Tuesday, 7 June 2005 - 11:04 AM EDT

Name: cw

yes, public entries can be seen by everyone on the web... and anyone on the web can add a 'comment' to an 'entry'.

A private, "share with community" entry can be useful on a personal blog where you only want to share it with a few people. On this help blog it can be a nuisance since many private entries will be missed. Poster's that post privately here often don't get the answers they need. I actually wish they'd remove that feature for this help blog in particular.

Wednesday, 8 June 2005 - 6:00 AM EDT

Name: bc3/georgie

Hi cw, Thanks for all you fab help you have really got me sorted out here thanks again. All the best to you. Georgie.

View Latest Entries