Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Friday, 3 June 2005
Question about mozilla webpage creator
HI all. I'm brand new at web page creation, and used the Mozilla web page creation stuff 'cause I work on a macintosh. OSX.

In the set-up when it asks me which software I used, what do I choose? Microsoft doesn't sound right. Do I select DreamWeaver, or FTP? Or do I have to scrap all the work I've done and begin a whole new web page?

thanks in advance....

kungfunurse

Posted by realm3/kungfunurse at 10:37 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post

Friday, 3 June 2005 - 11:22 AM EDT

Name: cw

What set-up? I've used netscape7's composer with OSX which may be more or less the same thing. Judging from that, FTP is probably what you want because that's how you'll be uploading.

Friday, 3 June 2005 - 11:40 AM EDT

Name: realm3/kungfunurse

Hi cw!

The application says mozilla-mac-1.7.7 dmg. Does that help?

I really am so new at this that I sqeak....

Friday, 3 June 2005 - 12:22 PM EDT

Name: cw

Don't worry about being new. We all have to start somewhere. I'm still not sure where that set up is coming from. What program or link is calling up that set up field?? IOW what program or page is asking you for that info?

Let me go through the steps for netscape's composer hoping that will get you where you want to go. Netscape's Composer has a publish feature avaialble from the upper page menu bar and the main browser menubar when composer is the front application.

Under the "settings" tab you'll be asked to fill in some fields

publishing address- ftp://ftp.angelfire.com/
http address of your home page- https://www.angelfire.com/realm3/kungfunurse
your username
your password

The page you want to upload goes into a field in the "publish" tab.

If you want to upload to subdirectories, the subdirectories might have to be created first in your web shell.

Remember that all web files must be named for the web... that means letters and numbers only, no special characters except a period, hyphen or underscore, and NO SPACES. Lycos servers are case sensitive, so spare your self a possible future headache by getting in the habit of naming in all lower case. Also your home page must be named index.html or your short generic URL https://www.angelfire.com/realm3/kungfunurse will not reach the site you built.

There are a few other things to do while setting up your page, such as deciding if auxilliary files will be written with relative paths, and if you want to organize them into subdirectories. If something is set up wrong here it can all be corrected on republish.

Post back if you need more help

View Latest Entries