Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Friday, 27 February 2004
AF Update
Mood:  a-ok
Now Playing: Mambo de Chocobo
Topic: News
I'm not sure if I can do this regularly, but I thought it might be nice to post a quick summary of some of the changes to the site from the last week. This isn't a full list, really just the things that I can immediately remember.

1. There was a major update to WebStats feature (for Argon accounts and above) where the traffic summary and graphing tool will now show all your traffic for the last month, not just in one-day increments. The interface for the feature hasn't changed yet though and there are still some open bugs that are known and being worked on.

2. CGI scripts placed in subdirectories of your /cgi-bin/ directory will now work properly. This was a bug. There are still bugs that Lycos Domains-assigned accounts can't use their domainnames in conjunction with CGI scripts, but that is also being worked on. (CGI also requires an Argon account or better.)

In addition, there was a lot of other cleanups and other minor bits that changed. For example, all the accounts with the recursive listings (as reported here the other day) have been fixed.

So, if this kind of information is useful to be posted here, please let me know. I have to run it by the powers-that-be to make sure we don't 'give too much away', but mentioning the problems fixed and new features seems pretty reasonable to me.

Posted by blog/jrp34 at 11:07 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (7) | Permalink | Share This Post

Friday, 27 February 2004 - 11:38 AM EST

Name: cw

Very useful! keep it coming! IMHO it fills in the gaps not touched on by alerts or the generic 'say nothing ' responses sent by support. It leaves a good impression that TPTB are aware of specific problems and actively working to resolve them.

JP I think you're a great liason here. Who do I write to to get you a raise? :)

Friday, 27 February 2004 - 9:26 PM EST

Name: dalleh

It helps a lot, to know things here and there, like upgrades, fixes, or known bug working on it.

May the power always be with you JP

Monday, 1 March 2004 - 10:32 AM EST

Name: afgreg

i'm fine with it. =)

Thursday, 18 March 2004 - 8:21 AM EST

Name: jp
Home Page: http://phmu3.tripod.com

I can't read your buttons they are to small in webtv and normal pc

Saturday, 20 March 2004 - 5:44 AM EST

Name: Xana
Home Page: https://www.angelfire.com/art2/psp_classic_paradise/slid

I am going to try and explain my problem. I am unable to see my images on the slideshow when I go to the page. I am able to see it on preview but not when I save the page. Other people have gone to the page and they can see the image slideshow. I also can see the same slideshow in another website which isnt angelfire.

Can someone help me, Im totally puzzled.

Thank you

Monday, 29 March 2004 - 11:30 AM EST

Name: Marucs Agrippa
Home Page: http://www.bike-for-life.org

I started with a free site www.anglefire/blues2/frontarch
I upgraded to their argon level and www.bike-for-life.org was assigned to my blues2/frontarch directory. Now none of my forms work. They all work fine if the browser points to my origional blues2/frontach anglefire directory, but I get a "not authorized to view this page" error message if I submit a form on my assigned web address (www.bike-for-life.org. Has anyone else had this problem????? They promise help 9 to 5 Monday through Friday, but this is not true. It is 11:30 Monday and their "live" help still says "Closed" If anyone can help me I would appreciate it. Our situation is getting desperate. This site is for a charity event and no one can sign up becasue of this problem. Thank you.

Wednesday, 31 March 2004 - 10:28 PM EST

Name: dalleh
Home Page: https://www.angelfire.lycos.com/doc/scriptlib/

go to the link above look for the form handler, use the e-mail form handler

View Latest Entries