Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Tuesday, 25 January 2011
Resizing My Entire Site
Hi! I am building my site with the Angelfire Site Builder (webon). My husband is viewing the site on an older monitor, and he says a lot of people may not be able to view more than 800 pixels wide. Is there an easy way to resize all my pages? I looked at the style customization section and I have no idea what I am looking at there.

Posted by ifmypeople at 6:05 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post

Thursday, 27 January 2011 - 2:44 PM EST

Name: "anonymous"

You can resize the width of various parts of your site using the CSS editor....but I would actually disagree with your husband his screen size is actually in the minority of screen resolutions and has been for at least 5 years now.

You can google terms like "average monitor size" and you'll find statistics showing that 800x600 monitors are in the minority now a days.

The largest percentage of web users have their screen resolution set to be (at the very least) 1024x768.

Wednesday, 23 February 2011 - 2:55 PM EST

Name: "Helpfulman"

If you take a look at this web page: http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_display.asp

You'll see that the percentage of people on such a low resolution has gone below 1% 

Even 1024x768 is only around 14%

Most folks have larger monitors now. And most sites have not designed with 800 x 600 in mind for like... 6 or 7 years or more.

I would suggest you simply do not worry about it. For people with 800x600... the whole web looks awful.

View Latest Entries