Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Sunday, 10 October 2010
Still Waiting for the "Strange Characters" Fix
Mood:  irritated
Topic: HTML Questions

My readers are telling me that Angelfire is still converting my quotation marks and hypehns to strange characters. May I have an update on the fix please.

An example is https://www.angelfire.com/space2/light11/fc/ascension1.html 

Thank you,

Steve Beckow

Posted by space2/light11 at 8:53 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post

Sunday, 10 October 2010 - 9:10 PM EDT

Name: "Scott"

The fix was that the editor wouldn't covert quotes and other special characters to the garbled text.  If you saved your site during that period when web shell wasn't working properly, then you saved those characters into your page.  The easist thing to do is if you have a back up of your html file on your computer from before the error, re-upload it. 

If you don't have your file backed-up, let us know by responding to this post by creating a customer support ticket, and list exactly which pages on your site have been affected by this error.  (Only pages that were saved between 9-30-2010 and 10-04-2010 could have been affected by this error).

We will take care of this issue for you if you can supply us with this information.

Tuesday, 12 October 2010 - 2:18 PM EDT

Name: "Scott"

FYI.  I passed along your issue to the programmers and someone went through and updated the affected files. 

In updating the files, we had to look at other pages to get an idea of the types of characters that had been replaced by the garbled characters.  With that in mind, we made the best logical decisions to replace the garbled characters with what we thought should be the 'proper'  characters.  Quotes, dashes and apostrophies were the easiest ones to figure out, but you may want to take a look just to make sure everything got converted over to the correct characters.

We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.  While this may not be a 100% fix, we hope that we at least got you most of the way there to being back to normal.

And again, the issue has been resolved, so creating or editing any new or existing pages should not produce garbled text anymore.

Thursday, 14 October 2010 - 9:27 AM EDT

Name: "Steve Beckow"
Home Page: https://www.angelfire.com/space2/light11/fc/fc-index1.ht

If you have fixed the pages, I'm grateful. Yes, it was quotation marks, hyphens, and apostrophes that were affected. 

I will have a look.

Many thanks,

Steve

Saturday, 8 July 2023 - 3:00 AM EDT

Name: "geenrt"
Home Page: http://www.targetpayandbenefits.review/

This information is so helpful!! 

View Latest Entries