Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Monday, 16 February 2004
HELP
Mood:  irritated
I have been trying for 3 days now to upgrade my service, right? Well everytime I get to the part where I have to set up an ALias, I keep getting a red message stating that name is already in use.. Well It can't be!! I have even tried names like jgndjjknlcf and it still says its been taken!!!
I am so frustrated I want to scream, I think I have tried about 50 different alias's, amde up ones, crazy ones! no matter what, it still says the same.. I emailed twice about this problem but angelfire has not written back. Has anyone else had this problem? any idea how to reslove it??? Please , Please HELP

Thank You!!

Posted by ult/timeshare at 6:42 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (6) | Permalink | Share This Post

Monday, 16 February 2004 - 8:05 PM EST

Name: dalleh

just wondering from which location are you trying to upgrade? from angelfire front page or fron inside the webshell

Monday, 16 February 2004 - 10:51 PM EST

Name: Terri

I am going to the webshell and clicking on upgrade and following the instructions from there

Tuesday, 17 February 2004 - 12:03 PM EST

Name: dalleh

I am not sure but may be. are using aol browser or regular IE or netscape browser. I went to my webshell clicked on the upgrade link it took me to Membership Verification, with my ID already in the top box, I entered my password, it took me to pick a plan.

Tuesday, 17 February 2004 - 4:13 PM EST

Name: Terri

Yes, I tried that, and it takes me through picking a plan,picking a domain name, then i have to choose an alias? thats where I keep getting stuck,,,,

Thursday, 4 March 2004 - 11:43 PM EST

Name: Amaie

I have had this same problem myself today and nearly lost it a few times. Here's what got it to work for me though;
Go to lycos while you are still signed into your angelfire account and start up an e-mail address with lycos. This sets up an identity with the service and when you next get to the upgrade page where it hangs up wanting the alias it shouldn't want one anymore.
Hope this helps you or any others with this problem:)

Thursday, 5 January 2006 - 11:56 AM EST

Name: gumbojoe9
Home Page: https://www.angelfire.com/nm2/oursite/homepage.htm

I can not upgrade because of this alias issue. No word from Lycos. I tried setting up e-mail with lycos and it did not help. What is the solution to this problem. Please advise.

View Latest Entries