Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Sunday, 15 February 2004
Creating margins on webpage
How can I put margins into the left and right hand sides of my webpages, so that the text doesn't run from edge to edge of the screen?
Thanks

Posted by trek/nz_usa at 2:38 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (6) | Permalink | Share This Post

Sunday, 15 February 2004 - 9:03 PM EST

Name: dalleh

try to use tages

text here

Sunday, 15 February 2004 - 9:06 PM EST

the html won't show

the tags are

BLOCKQUOTE

/BLOCKQUOTE

Sunday, 15 February 2004 - 11:22 PM EST

Name: Penguin 389
Home Page: https://www.angelfire.com/trek/nz_usa

Thanks for the reply Dalleh, I tried your suggestion but it didn't change anything.
I put the (blockquote) before the start of my page text, and the (/blockquote)at the end of it. Is that right?
Also, if those tags do eventually make margins, is it a fixed margin, or is there a way of altering the size of margin?
Thanks P

Monday, 16 February 2004 - 12:30 AM EST

(blockquote)tag indents the text to the right you can add as many as you need of tags

(blockquote)
(blockquote)
(blockquote)

text here

(/blockquote)
(/blockquote)
(/blockquote)

you did it right.
when you add the tags and save reload your browser few times to make sure you are not looking at a cached page.

Tuesday, 17 February 2004 - 3:56 PM EST

Name: The Penguin

Thanks Dalleh - that did the trick.

Tuesday, 17 February 2004 - 9:38 PM EST

You are welcome

View Latest Entries