Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Wednesday, 19 November 2008
Angelfire web stats are weird...
Mood:  not sure

Something puzzles me:

When I log on to Angelfire I see the number of page views my website got the previous day. Great.

Now over here in Great Britain, that figure changes at around midnight  (Greenwich Mean Time) . A new day has begun so I suppose I get the page views for the day just gone. I understand that.

But then I get some sleep, log on to Angelfire in the morning, say 9 o'clock, and the page hits have increased (sometimes by a lot). It's like they get updated in the early hours.

Right now (00.23 GMT) Anglefire are saying I got 135 page views yesterday. But the number will have increased when I log on tomorrow morning.

Can anyone explain what's going on?

Posted by apollos at 7:29 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Wednesday, 19 November 2008 7:32 PM EST

Thursday, 20 November 2008 - 6:32 AM EST

Name: apollos
Home Page: http://www.proudoftwerton.com

Just like I said, at 9.54 (GMT) the page view figure was 201.

So I've got 485 page views at 23.00pm (GMT) yesterday...

135 page views at 00.23am this morning...

201 page views at 9.54am this moring.

How come the page views figure gets updated a second time in the morning?

Thursday, 20 November 2008 - 12:18 PM EST

Name: "cw"

It gets updated throughout the day. At one time it was every 15 minutes. i do not know what the current reporting schedule is at present. The time you view the stat will affect it, in that the "day" reported is not a calendar day but the last 24 hours counted from the present time.  It's a relative day not a calendar one. 

And views may go up or down in any particular view count, depending on the views counted in the relative time period that was erased to accomodate the newest reporting period. At least that's what I've been able to figure out in the many years I have been a lycos member.

If you want an official explanation, I think you might have to write support. If you do, please post back to this board if you get an explanation.

Saturday, 9 May 2009 - 9:03 PM EDT

Name: justholli
Home Page: http://www.justholli.com

Id like to know to how the page views work. I know it counts when you yourself look at it as well as others. Yesterday I had 35 page views. I didnt know my depressing blog was that popular.

View Latest Entries