Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Saturday, 14 July 2007
HELP! (Urgent billing question)

Does anyone here have access to Angelfire staff? If so, could you bring this to their notice ASAP please.  

I have notified Angelfire using the online ticket, but that was 13 days ago and they still have not responded to this issue. (they say they will respond within 5-10 business days)

I have a website Neon account with Angelfire, that I have had for a few years.

Recently, I was issued with a new credit card which is currently in use.

I have attempted several times to enter my new card details in my billing account but am unable to do so.

When I add the 'new card' details, I get a message saying "authorisation denied - bad card numbers"

They are not bad numbers, they are correct numbers and I am currently using this card  for transactions. It is being accepted elsewhere. (including another hosting site)

My automatically deducted monthly payment is due soon - I do not want my site removed because of seeming lack of payment! There is obviously some bug with the system.

If anyone who is reading this has the capability to contact an Angelfire  staff member concerned with account payments, please forward my concern asap.

Thanks, Geo. 

Posted by trek/nz_usa at 6:50 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (12) | Permalink | Share This Post

Saturday, 14 July 2007 - 8:19 PM EDT

Name: "anonymous"

calm down nothing will happen tell Monday, let us hope JP will see your post.

Sunday, 15 July 2007 - 5:49 AM EDT

Name: "tom"

Hi Geo.

You wrote: "I do not want my site removed because of seeming lack of payment."

From what I understand, if Angelfire does not receive payment for your account, it will simply revert the website to 'Ad-supported status'.

At that point, you would then upgrade to any level desired, using your new crdeit card number.

Sunday, 15 July 2007 - 7:32 PM EDT

Name: "anonymous"

Hello Tom,

Good point, (providing the card works when requesting an upgrade) but I'd rather it didn't get to that stage as I have several links back to my site that could be affected if it reverted to "ad's visible". Also not sure how that would affect search engine ranking (which is currently very good)

Hope support gets on to this - it's been 14 days with no action when supposedly something should be expected within 5-7 business days. 

Monday, 16 July 2007 - 5:34 AM EDT

Name: "JP"

I've spoken to the staff about this and I believe that they've gotten back to you. Your credit card number, your new one, is on a list of bad cards which is provided to us by our credit processing agent. We cannot charge it. You will need to talk to your bank to find out why this would be so or enter a new card. I don't know why this would be the case and I've asked them several times to verify that it is your "new" card that is on this credit list, and the answer has been yes.

JP 

Monday, 16 July 2007 - 6:31 PM EDT

Name: trek/nz_usa
Home Page: https://www.angelfire.com/trek/nz_usa

Thank you JP.

I did receive a reply email today from support saying that my account was now ok BUT it isn't. I still cannot enter my new current card.

There is obviously some 'balls up' as my new card is good and currently being used for transactions here in NZ and I have also just recently entered this new card's details into another US based hosting site I have (Godaddy) with no problem whatsoever.

The card is ok. They need to have a good look at their system.

Because the new card number will not appear at all when I try to 'add' it to the list in my account prior to 'switching' payment, I am wondering if they are running a check on the only existing number they have which of course will return as 'bad' as that number has been canceled.

Is there any way to check if they are doing this? If the last two digits of the card they are running a check on are 13 then they are running a check on my canceled card and not the card I am trying to enter.

George 

Monday, 16 July 2007 - 7:01 PM EDT

As a PS to my comment above - I suspect they are indeed checking on a canceled card, thinking it is the 'new' one.

Here's the scenario leading up...

1. I recently recieved an email from Angelfire advising that the card they had for my account was due to expire and to enter new card details when I had them. 

2. When I was duly issued with a new card I entered its details in my account successfully.

3. About three days after entering this new card, I mislaid the card and as a precaution I had it canceled and another one issued. (the old card subsequently turned up but I now have a new replacement card) 

It is this newest one that I cannot enter - they have the one that they think is 'new' (ending in 13) but it is not. 

Any way you can get them to check to see if this is the case?

George. 

Monday, 16 July 2007 - 11:00 PM EDT

Name: "JP"

I've passed along this additional information and the team will investigate it further in the morning. If that doesn't work, I'll see what I can do to get a tech watching the system just as you enter in the card number. The problem is that if it is marked by our upstream credit card provider as fraudulent, it's almost impossible for us to charge it.

Thanks for your patience. If we don't get this resolved before your credit expires, I'll put in a request to comp you temporarily until we work this out.

JP 

Monday, 16 July 2007 - 11:44 PM EDT

Thanks JP - much appreciate the help

(BTW, I contacted my bank and they advise that there is nothing wrong with my card number and they can see no reason that it is being rejected) 

George 

Wednesday, 25 July 2007 - 11:53 AM EDT

Name: "Bill"
Home Page: http://help.lycos.com

Thanks for continuing to bring this to our attention.

I am following up with you on this through our support system.  Hopefully we can get this completely resolved for you very shortly.  We appreciate your patience in the meantime and do apologize for the delayed responses.

Sincerely,

Bill

Customer Service

Lycos Services. 

Thursday, 26 July 2007 - 7:03 PM EDT

Thank you Bill and JP.

Success at last - re-tried today and was finally able to enter my card number.  :^)

George. 

Wednesday, 8 August 2007 - 3:30 PM EDT

Name: band2/t_miller
Home Page: https://www.angelfire.com/band2/t_miller

Angelfire has the worst customer service imaginable.
The on-line chat is not available and no one to call if you need help.

Today a web site that I manage is nowhere to be found and no one from Angelfire is available to help.
I am changing all my web sites to godaddy where they have 24/7 help at a lower price.

Beware... When you go to move your domain or site from Anglefire...
They make it very difficult and may hold your domain name hostage.
Today my site cannot be found anywhere on the web...

Wednesday, 8 August 2007 - 9:35 PM EDT

Name: network
Home Page: http://network.angelfire.com

If you think Lycos is screwing up a bunch of people here at Angelfire, including my supposedly paid site angelfire.com/mn/nn, surf on over to http://club.tripod.com and see how many people are mad at Lycos billing customer service there. It is a lot more than here. Two more postings over there today! If you want to post over there you just signup at tripod using your angelfire name or alias.

View Latest Entries