Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Tuesday, 10 April 2007

Hello Angelfire friends,
i made a DVD, name title_1.mpg, size 7.52m and
VIDEO_TS_mpeg2video.mpg, size 868k (04/08/2007).
i uploaded to webshell.
i was wondering if could i could put in on my website?
What should i do? Format and script?
please check and help!
Thanks in advance.
lisa

Posted by fl5/lisalk00 at 10:06 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post

Tuesday, 10 April 2007 - 11:42 AM EDT

Name: dalleh

the best way to it is to use text links like this

<a href="title_1.mpg">first file</a><BR>
<a href="VIDEO_TS_mpeg2video.mpg">second file</a>

Friday, 13 April 2007 - 3:47 PM EDT

Name: fl5/lisalk00

hi dalleh,
Thank you for the video scripts.
i tried another way, saved it in webshell, named copy_of_welcome.html(04/13/2007). i also put it on my blog, and saved in Drafts. However, both are not working.
please check and help. Thank you.

Monday, 16 April 2007 - 11:55 PM EDT

Name: fl5/lisalk00

Hi dalleh,
i tried uesd this scripts, but it also didn't work for me.
The webpage name:
ccc_welcome.html (9k)4/13/2007
Please check and help.
Thank you in advance

Tuesday, 17 April 2007 - 1:40 PM EDT

Name: mamagoo

Hello Lisa, the link you have here for kite festival movie
http://angelfire.com/fl5/lisalk00/ccc_welcome.html

works fine. it opens in my Media player when i click on the link to it. It should work for you too, BUT and that's a big 'but', that 7.2mb movie is a very very very! large file size for downloading. maybe you are not waiting long enough to let it load and stream. If your on dial-up it will take about an hour to fully stream and download to a persons media player.

you would not want that large movie file on a page in an embedded player. I would just offer it as a download with the links that dallleh gave you. and explainn near the link, to your dial-up visitors who do not have high speed connections that it will take an hour or more to download and and fully stream to their video players.

as for broadband visitors the video will download and play quicker (it took about 5 minutes on my DSL connection, but 7.2mb is very very large file. you should think about optimizing it to a windows media player file .wmv (I'll see what I can do with it), I save yur movie to my computer.

but it will still be a very large file regardless.

I can give you the code to embed the video player to a page on your site, but you diffinetly don't want it to auto play! ....LOL
but you embed a video the same way you would embed a player for music files. check out my site here where I explain the embed code here:
http://4pkruger.com/media-help/embed-media.html

I like the beach and the kites....we're just witing for spring here in michigan, but don't think it's ever going to get here! Please send some Sun...Lisa!

View Latest Entries