Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Monday, 26 February 2007
inappropriate ads
Topic: Image Questions
Hi

I have created a website using the free option of angelfire.com. But for the last few days the ads are so inappropriate

Any help in this issue

Thanks
Iman

Posted by planet/abraar at 7:17 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post

Monday, 26 February 2007 - 12:21 PM EST

Name: dalleh

the ads are automated and random to match the content of your site, visiters don't get the same ads. nothing you or we the users or angelfire can do about it. clear your browsers cockies and go to the site you may see different ads.

i notice in your text there is ? all over. it looks like you are using MSwords ? mostly replace empty space or a '
you can edit it like this on line

la formation d�une personne

la formation d'une personne

or start using the notepad instead of Words.

Friday, 4 July 2014 - 10:37 AM EDT

Name: "Bill Wright"
Home Page: https://www.angelfire.com/ca/sonshinersfbc

I am experiencing the same problem. I host a Christian Sunday School site for my kindergarten and 1st grade children so that they have a place to go to let them know what we have done in our class and find activities they can do at home that supports the weekly lessons. But recently there have been so may pop up adds that it has made it very difficult to navigate through them. In addition, they have been very inappropriate. Some look like spam adds that say their computer may have a virus and to click to scan their computer. One was a video pop up that advertised Hooters!  The sight used to only have a few adds and they mainly advertised Christian stores or sites, but now I feel embarrassed to let new guests to my class know about my site. I want to keep it a safe place for children and families to visit. Is there anything I can do to insure a more save web environment for my site guests?

View Latest Entries