Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Sunday, 25 February 2007
In need of working code
Mood:  crushed out
Topic: HTML Questions
I've just started my website today and everything is coming along nicely. Except, for some reason everytime I try to add text to the middle, it pushes my left aligned text further down. I don't like it at all? Any help with the code would be appreciated.

-P

Posted by planet/pandorademun at 5:28 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post

Sunday, 25 February 2007 - 2:01 PM EST

Name: cw
Home Page: http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_tables.asp

Use a multicelled table with one row and 2 columns for your layout. Put the stuff on the left in the left cell. Put your centered content in the R cell. Take that centered content out of the table it is in now to avoid nesting tables. Link above is to a table tutorial if you need it.

hope that helps

Sunday, 25 February 2007 - 2:53 PM EST

Name: cw
Home Page: https://www.angelfire.lycos.com/build/htmllib/index.tmpl

also look through the AF html template library as well. link above Two of the layouts- the blockhead and the mondrian use variations of this 2 celled table layout.

Sunday, 25 February 2007 - 8:48 PM EST

Name: dalleh

also every time you add <P> or <BR>

<P> starts a new pragrph

<BR> starts a new line

to center the text or image put it between center tags

<center>text here</center>

to the right

<p align="RIGHT">right</p>

View Latest Entries