Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Wednesday, 7 February 2007

Hi Angelfire Administration,
Happy Chinese New Year to You All!
My question is-i made a main folder called /ChineseNY2007.html(7k) including sub Folders (index.html). But when i tried to publish, it didn't work! i have to pullout all the sub folders!!! Please look at this and help me with writing out the code.
Thank you in advance.

Posted by fl5/lisalk00 at 12:13 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Wednesday, 7 February 2007 12:19 AM EST

Wednesday, 7 February 2007 - 8:54 AM EST

Name: cw

Not sure what you mean when you say you have to pull out all the subfolders, Also not clear how you set up your folders and files.

ChineseNY2007.html is not a proper name for a folder because of the .html on the end of the name. .html is a format extension for a file name. ChineseNY2007 would be a better name for your folder. And for your own sanity, keeping to all lowercase when naming files and folders (ex. chineseny2007) is helpful since file and folder names are case sensitive. Mixed case naming often leads to problems if you don't remember exactly how you named the file or folder.

index.html would not be a good name for a folder for the same reason. It is the name of a default home page file that might be found inside a subfolder like ChineseNY2007. So first create the folder, then upload the files ( ex. pages, images, etc) you want to place inside it. These files could be further organized within the main folder by creating subfolders within it. For instance, you might want to create a subfolder just for images used within this site.... but if you do that then you will need to write the file paths to include the exact location of those images such any subfolders you created to contain them.

If you can explain your set up better or send us to the exact page or URL you're having trouble with, it would be easier to help you out. There are so many ways or things you might have done that we can only guess at the cause of any problems you are having without seeing a page at your new site.

Saturday, 10 February 2007 - 8:20 AM EST

Name: fl5/lisalk00

Hi cw,
i will try again-i think i know, BUT not for sure. i will talk to you later. Thanks

View Latest Entries