Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Thursday, 11 January 2007
E-mail link
Mood:  not sure
I recently changed my email address, and it's correct on Angelfire's My Account, but the link on my index page continues to show my old address. What do I need to do to correct this? I've gone to the webshell, turned off the email link and then restarted it, but the old address still comes up.

Posted by az3/goladyjags at 7:09 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post

Thursday, 11 January 2007 - 10:29 PM EST

Name: tom

Hi,

I see that you are using the A/F basic editor.

In order to circumvent the issue, here is a simple solution:

Open the basic editor of your webshell, and in your preferences, remove the option for email link.

Then, at the bottom of the text box, copy and paste the following code, entering your new email address, in the two places where you see xxxx@xxxx

<br><br><center>Email: <a href="mailto:xxxx@xxxx">
xxxx@xxxx</a></center><br><br>

Friday, 12 January 2007 - 6:38 PM EST

Name: az3/goladyjags

Thanks, Tom -- it worked like a charm.

Yeah, I actually prefer the basic editor because of the nature of the site. It's easier to update and add/delete photos, which is pretty much all I do, and most of it's on a deadline, because the media wants results ASAP.

Friday, 12 January 2007 - 8:52 PM EST

Name: dalleh

or you can open the index.html page and save it, it will change to the new address, what i mean if turned the e-mail on now it will show the new e-mail.

Saturday, 13 January 2007 - 9:27 AM EST

Name: az3/goladyjags

Thanks Dalleh, but that's what I tried initially (several times) and for some reason it didn't work. Anyway, all's well now.

View Latest Entries