Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

View Latest Entries

Sunday, 12 February 2006
Saving Files From My Webshell
Topic: Image Questions
I have a Neon account and have recently changed computers and want to save some of the files in my webshell to my hard drive. However, now something prevents me from doing this. All I get, regardless of which file I am trying to save, is "webshell". What do I need to do to be able to save files back to my hard drive?

Posted by ok3/CHRaines at 10:36 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post

Sunday, 12 February 2006 - 11:58 PM EST

Name: mamagoo

use ftp that would be the be the best way....

if using windows and Internet explorer, you can use ftp right from your browsers address field, just type in, ftp.angelfire.com, a window should come up for user name and password....log in and then when ftp connects, your folder will view like a folder on your computer...you can drag and drop the files from your directory to a folder on your computer just like you do with files on your computer....

if you can't do this, then the option has been removed from your browsers default options and it would have to be selected again.

or you can find an ftp application like cute ftp or a free one called Ws_ftpLE

or another way is, you could view your published pages as a live page... and from the browsers 'file menu' chose save as: then choose save as: 'html comlete' save to a folder on your computer as ... you would need to do each page separetly...when it's saved like that all the graphics and other files that go with whats on that page goes into a folder within the folder you put the page into....

Sunday, 12 February 2006 - 11:58 PM EST

Name: dalleh
Home Page: http://www.globalscape.com/

you need a ftp to download the files, if you don't have one you can get a trial one from here http://www.globalscape.com/ look for cuteftp.
to login start the ftp ptograme, use the manager to add a new account or the quick login

the host is : ftp.angelfire.com

your Id and password to angelfire.

once there you can drag and drop from right to left

Monday, 13 February 2006 - 12:17 AM EST

Name: mamagoo

OMG, dalleh are we in sync or what look at the the time of our replies...LOL...where is the little red devil smiley..LOL

here is good free ftp application
http://www.whispertech.com/surfer/download.htm

Tuesday, 14 February 2006 - 2:18 PM EST

Name: dalleh

I saw that :)

View Latest Entries