Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Saturday, 28 January 2012
FTP
I normally FTP my files to angelfire through Dreamweaver but this morning I keep getting a network or file system error.  Can you help?

Posted by mo/poetry42 at 12:04 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post

Hey Angelfire. It looks like I have Web Site cancer in the upper left side of my web site. What's up?? Do I need to leave yet another web host??

Posted by antropolisbooks at 11:53 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 25 January 2012
Uploading
Hey guys, I have my own source code ready is there anywhere i can go to just input my source code without having to rebiuld my site again on angelfire?

Posted by grendel-and-beowulf at 7:16 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 22 January 2012
publishing the site

Hey guys,  when i click "publish" the webeditor is showing a screen that is is publishing the site, however, when i try to open my site, it only shows an angelfire welcome screen and not my website.

Is this normal? do I have to wait some time for the site actually get published or something?  

Please help me out, I just saw someone else with the exact same prob and he was already waiting 24h,  this freaks me out.  Please help :) 

Posted by kristinagrzybowska at 4:26 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 21 January 2012
editing my website with iPad
Mood:  irritated
Now Playing: URGENT: I need help!

I live in the sticks, and when I say the sticks, I mean the BOONTIES, the BACK FORTY, EAST EGYPT...you get the picture.  I'm in RURAL Oklahoma.  We have LOUSY internet at my house.  The only way I can connect is through my iPad.  So, I'm trying to build my site using my iPad, but i can't figure out how to upload photos to my web page.

As my page is Artistic Temperament Designs, it would be no great leap of the imagination to realize that I'm going to want to post PICTURES of ART AND DESIGNS on my site.

Has anyone run into this problem before?????  Can you give me advice or instructions?  This is  really putting me behind schedule and i'm very stressed.

Thank you. 

Posted by artistictemperamentdesigns at 8:13 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 20 January 2012
Using FTP for my account isn't working
Mood:  don't ask
Topic: HTML Questions
Small question. Is FTP Still not working for everybody? I can't login for some friggin reason. 
I don't like the way Angelfire is communicating about these matters. They should have notified people through social media ect.

I don't think i am doing something wrong.

Posted by folk/skjoldung at 3:27 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 19 January 2012

Can an individual have more than one web page through Angelfire?

Posted by nb/rockman at 8:41 PM EST | Post Comment | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 18 January 2012
Icon/Favicon
Mood:  down

Hi everyone,

Any help on this would be appreciated. After quite a bit of research, I was able to put a favicon on my website. That is working out just great but here is the problem.

When I make a shortcut for the website from my favorites menu, it doesn't fit the size. There is a big white background and the image is squeezed in the center. The Icon is big enough when I make a direct copy but for some reason the web Icon is too small. Is this just how Angelfire's Icon's look or am I doing something wrong?

Posted by siberianshaven at 10:07 PM EST | Post Comment | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 17 January 2012
Publishing?
How long does it take for your site to go up once you publish it? I published mine last night, and it still doesn't work. :(

Posted by ryanyoungowth at 5:49 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (11) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 14 January 2012
embed sound on web page!

Hello Angelfire Team, can you tell me how to embed sound on my web page.

I already have uploaded songs in a file called “Music_Website”.

Thank you!

Posted by fl5/lisalk00 at 10:38 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (8) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 13 January 2012
500 errors cgi error
Mood:  caffeinated
Topic: CGI scripts

CGI 500 error can occur when the disc space hasall  been used.

'We couldn't find the page you requested'

The limit for free accounts is 20mb, and when reached a 500 error occurs.

Click the 'Home' tab to see disk usage.

If some space is made by deleting before uploading, the error goes away.

Posted by trek/chucheeshouse at 9:35 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (24) | Permalink | Share This Post
How do you edit the paragraphs in Images...not the captions..

but the actually paragraph which describes what the page is about.

I am able to get to the individual pictures, the captions and edit both, IF I WANTED, BUT...I can't edit the description paragraph which is at the top/right of the page.

Anyone know how to get there, and please, for "dummies" because I've searched everything, one said to go to the edit function for the pictures, but all I get is:

<body>

<!--#include virtual="/bin/photo/view" -->

That's it, there's nothing at all to edit!! 

This is the page, but there isn't even anything on there to allow me to "edit" while I'm in the site.  

http://scs2010.angelfire.com/dottie/

And this is the part I'm trying to edit:

Dottie is my mare shetland, my first one I'd gotten. She is the mother of Shadow and Mercedes. She has shown at Nationals, Regionals, and Boone County and won many Reserve Grand Champions and Grand Champions as well as top blues. She hasn't driven since she went through a fence (before I bought her), but maybe one day she will again.

Please, can someone help me out? Thank you! 

Posted by scs2010 at 4:05 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (6) | Permalink | Share This Post
Rhiannon's Pages
Mood:  celebratory
Now Playing: My Web Pages
Topic: News
Okay...I have two pages and the urls are: rhiannonsvoice.angelfire.com and rhiannonsvoice.angelfire.com/wakeupamerica/ so if Google is not indexing then find them here

Posted by rhiannonsvoice at 3:22 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (9) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 12 January 2012
Rhiannonsvoice web page
Mood:  energetic
Now Playing: My Web Page
Google only lists my page in the Help section of Angelfire...so come take a look at my page....Rhiannonsvoice....Welcome

Posted by rhiannonsvoice at 9:19 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
Not online
Mood:  caffeinated
Ok...last prob....not listed on search engines....so what's the point of creating the page?

Posted by rhiannonsvoice at 2:34 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Page Not Loading New Edit Changes
Mood:  incredulous
It appears that I have many views of my page and I do not know which is correct!  I have added pages 2 and 3 and they do not appear on the completed page, but only on the edit page.  On the edit page, I have a guest book but not on the real finished page.  As it is, I do not know if any changes are happening after edit.  HELP?

Posted by rhiannonsvoice at 2:07 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (7) | Permalink | Share This Post
Problem - Need Help
Mood:  don't ask
Every time I try to go to the help page it says that I am not a user on this portal.  Angelfire says that I have not provided enough information.  However, I have a web page, but it is not on the web and yet I have 8 viewers. (?)  What is going on?  I am either an Angelfire member, or not a member?

Posted by rhiannonsvoice at 12:18 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (8) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 1 January 2012
No FTP connection

Please inform us of when FTP will be available for use to clients in Austraia?

piando.com

Posted by oz/piando at 6:50 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 25 December 2011
videos on blog

any advice on how to embed a youtube video to my blog?  I have tried both youtube scripts and nothing works.

Also, I have tried to upload videos (48 s), but it says my file is too large.  What size is allowed?

TIA

Diana 

Posted by montanamadetradingpost at 1:27 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (6) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 20 December 2011
ftp
Mood:  celebratory
Now Playing: ftp
Topic: News

My ftp started to work today..but its limiting my upload size??? its never done this before..please help

Posted by psy/mrcoily at 10:06 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (8) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older