Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Wednesday, 20 October 2010
Love An
Mood:  a-ok
Now Playing: Love Angelfire!!!
Topic: HTML Questions
I started my Angelfire site back in September and have had a great response!  Mind you the economy is blah, people are down and election day is closing in?! I want to invite you all to my site for a FREE viewing and see which site offers 35-50% off. Thanks Angelfire!! http://miamifundraising.angelfire.com/

Posted by miamifundraising at 4:55 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
External Link
Mood:  irritated
I have been trying to make a link from my website to the NHL stats page and the link would never work, so i was wondering if the Angelfire team could eather fix that or tell me how to make the link.

Thanks

Posted by staff-zahed at 12:41 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 14 October 2010
How to Upload Background Image?
How do I upload a background image? I'm using Nvu. The image shows up in my webpage that I created using Nvu, but when I upload the webpageto the Angelfire webshell, my background image does not show up.

Posted by vja4him at 1:47 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
How to Upload Webpage from Computer ... ???
How can I upload webpages from my computer?

Posted by vja4him at 1:28 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 13 October 2010
maya-gaia

In Google account webmaster tools- when I go to 'crawl errors' (I have over 100 angelefire pages) I find almost half of my pages have a '404 not found' in a URL consisting of my 'root directory/memberembedded'.

When I Google the term 'memberembedded extension' I can find nothing that explains how to recognize it within my html and think it might be the ad script that angelfire embeds in their free pages.

If so- I guess there's no way to correct those crawl errors but would appreciate someone confirming or not this assumption.

Posted by maya-gaia at 5:10 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 10 October 2010
Still Waiting for the "Strange Characters" Fix

My readers are telling me that Angelfire is still converting my quotation marks and hypehns to strange characters. May I have an update on the fix please.

An example is https://www.angelfire.com/space2/light11/fc/ascension1.html 

Thank you,

Steve Beckow

Posted by space2/light11 at 8:53 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 6 October 2010
Webon and search engines
Mood:  not sure
I have been using webon for a few of my pages a few months now. I have yet to see any of them come up on google, yahoo etc. I filled in all the meta tags and description but still nothing. Has anyone else noticed this? 

Posted by amiga/downinmexico at 12:11 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 4 October 2010
Issues with Stats Reporting
Mood:  not sure
Topic: News

Just an FYI... we saw the reports about Stats reporting not working correctly. We believe we have a fix in that will correct the problem. Basically, a URL was not correct in the Control Panel... the stats should still be there... you just couldn't get to them.

We're currently waiting for our Operations team to release the fix. Should not be too long.

Sorry for the trouble and thanks for using Angelfire!

Posted by helpfulman at 4:06 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (11) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 3 October 2010
Regrading the Stats
Mood:  a-ok
Regarding the stats I get how many times viewed yesterday and the month but when I click on view report I get this also 

Sorry, it looks like you don't have any data to display. Either your site hasn't gotten any traffic yet, or you just upgraded your account. Come back tomorrow and try again!

Kathys-insight

Control Panel

Posted by kathys-insight at 9:09 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Webshell Corrupts File
Now Playing: Webshell Corrupts My Files

Since the redesign of Angelfire, when I save a file, the webshell converts my quotation marks and hyphens to code like this: "Merging into Completeness" becomes “Merging into Completeness,â€Â

Is anyone else having the same problem? Does anyone know how I can fix it?

Thanks,

Steve

Posted by space2/light11 at 5:25 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Web Stats?
1024x768 Normal 0 MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";}

Where are my web stats? When I click on the wonderful new and improved Angelfire web-stat menu I get; "Sorry, it looks like you don't have any data to display. Either your site hasn't gotten any traffic yet, or you just upgraded your account. Come back tomorrow and try again!"

I know I have data to display and I have not updated my account. I have checked it everyday for a week now. Nothing.

Since I am a Premium Angelfire customer, I waited the promised 24 to 72 hours to hear a response to the 1st or the 2nd support ticket I filled out. I have yet to hear from anyone other than the automated message thanking me for submitting my question and when I should expect a response .

Our web-stats are a very important part of the online non-profit organization we run. They help us to determine how people find our website and what we can do to improve search engine rankings.

Is anyone else having this problem???

Ryan Maness

12:39:07pm

2010-10-03 

Posted by amiga/downinmexico at 2:43 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (6) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 1 October 2010
Green Background

I have several pages that I edit frequently. These pages are formatted, I.E. Months of the Year, so that I do not have to retype everything everytime. I position my page to edit with the area in the middle of my screen.

Problem 1: As soon as I am in the correct spot to add information, the screen goes to the green background losing where I want to do my editing.

Problem 2: When I do start to edit, the screen jumps to the bottom line in the edit area causing me to lose where I am and I am unable to "easily" move to the next line to add information. An example: I am adding bowling scores that were bowled last night. I enter the last name on one line, the first name on line 2, score bowled on line 3, date on line 4 and the bowling center on line 5. Whith this jumping around it slows me down and if I am not paying close attention, I will enter the new information in the wrong place.

The above example can be found on my webshell (il/beloitbowling)under the mhs.html directory. This is very annoying and very distracting when I have several different areas in the same directory that I am working on.

Posted by il/beloitbowling at 11:30 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 29 September 2010
FTP Issue

I normally use FTP to upload files to my page (as I often update with 50+ page updates per day), but the last few days I've had error messages every time I've attempted it. I can log in via FTP just fine and browse my files/folders, but the upload fails every time.

Is there a known issue with FTP right now?

Posted by pro/slb at 4:05 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 28 September 2010
Angelfire loading issues on FireFox

Greetings,

I have begun to notice some layout issues with the new Angelfire and Firefox 2.0.0.14 for Linux.

The layout appears to be broken and spread out.  Tried Konqurer with the same results.

I have screenshots of the Angelfire homepage using FF:

http://efreephoto.com/image-20374526464ca17cc4a776f.htm

It also affected one of my sites, which I also have a copy of it on Tripod, and it works fine on there.

The site on Tripod:

http://picshome.com/getfile.php?id=114208&access_key=f7f6e8a7ba982858ae6d8a3a2cb813c4&t=4ca18d58&o=657F246FD67E1F40649897874EFE7563316D0223CB93DF1B24A6FF4DD4F9C52675337D20008A21545D1DFA8B9B50FF6D&name=tnsc1.png

What it looks like on Angelfire:

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/8240/tnsc2.png

Id this just a browser issue, or is there something else going on??

(This flavor of Linux wont really let me update FF to its latest.) 

Now Angelfire looks ok on Google Chrome, but the TNSC site above is still broken only on Angelfire, it worked perfectly on AF before the change, and has only been broken today - I have not made any changes to the source on my end.  The source is also cited properly as XHTML 1.0. 

Posted by The DWS Team at 1:40 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Just a minor issue :)
Mood:  chillin'

The NEW Angelfire Control Panel & Webshell is very nice, but it is too 
big for my 'old man's size screen' @ 800X600 pixels. I would have to 
adjust my screen resolution settings to at least 1024X768 pixels, in order 
to see the whole page. 

Would it be a problem to go back to the 'one size fits all' format?

Posted by me2/kulacoco at 12:53 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
HELP!
Now Playing: smart quote problem?

I have a problem.  I have had my website through Angelfire for over 11 years, and I've done the same thing for that time.  I write my posting in Word (it uses smart quotes, etc.) send it to my mailing lists and then add necessary code and post it in my webshell. 

I went in to the webshell today, shocked that everything is new but willing to learn, and edited two of my pages.  When I opened those to edit in the webshell, all the 'smart quotes' could not be read and when I saved the page with my changes, all quotes and apostrophes and other symbols changed to other gobble-de-gook. 

The rest of my pages are ok, but as soon as I have to open them to do some editing, I'm going to lose my formatting.  I already have to fix three pages, and I'll have to access several more by the end of the week.  I'd rather not have to change my system.  Is there some way of making the webshell recognize my smart quotes and other auto text?

www.awordfortoday.org

Posted by ak3/dailyword at 12:46 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 27 September 2010
Webshell update: the bug is fixed
Mood:  bright

WebShell should be fully operational for all users again. One of our engineers got to the bottom of the problem and the fix is in.

Please let us know if you experience any other issues or problems.

Thank you for using Angelfire.

Posted by helpfulman at 5:52 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Working on a Problem with Webshell Login
Mood:  energetic

Since the launch of the new site there is a handful of users who are unable to get WebShell to load properly. Senior engineers are looking at the problem now and will publish an update as soon as they get to the bottom of it. No files are missing... there is a bug preventing WebShell from loading properly. We will update as soon as we have a fix out.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for using Angelfire.

Posted by helpfulman at 5:06 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
Right and Left Arrows
Mood:  incredulous
There are no right and left arrows on my web shell page or anywhere else, so I cannot log out. Please fix.

Posted by va/jauntyalbatross at 3:38 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
New Angelfire Site
Mood:  caffeinated

Hello one and all,

Welcome to the all-new Angelfire website design.

Tools and Services have not changed but a number of Control Panel functions have been consolidated within the new Control Panel design.

I'm Helpfulman... some of you may know me from the Tripod Club... to those who do not, "Hello!"

My team and I will be in here more often from here on out... answering questions, taking feedback, and heping to solve problems.

Today is the start of a new era at Angelfire.

Thanks for using Angelfire!

Posted by helpfulman at 12:19 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older