Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Thursday, 5 April 2012
Pages going blank when working on them or viewing them

I guess I'm having the same trouble as a few others have reported.  Mine goes as follows:

I am editing my website.  I have a lot of links and targets on my pages.

When I click on  a link to see if it is working, it goes to its target initially.  

After about 30 seconds or so, the page goes blank.  In the address bar, it reads the address of the page with the target name of the link I was accessing.

While that happens, at the bottom of the page ( in the space where it usually reads "Done" when the page has loaded), it reads, "Tranferring data from ad.yieldmanager.com".

Refreshing the page does not help.

It's next to impossible to do anything on my site with this problem going on.  I don't know if the tech folks check this blog out or not.  I came here to see if others were having the same problem, and it seems that they are.  

Has anyone reported this?

Posted by ma3/noelofbrockton at 3:12 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (999) | Permalink | Share This Post
Add on Form Creator malfunction
I've added the form creator to my site from the list of available add-ons, but it doesn't seem to be emailing me the responses when I test it myself.  The website says "response sent" but it never shows up in my email.  I've tried 4 different email domains (including yahoo and gmail) and still the responses never get to me.  What am I doing wrong?

Posted by nrnqolinfo at 10:24 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (177) | Permalink | Share This Post
Blank Page Seems to be.......
Blank page seems to be looking for ad.yieldmanager.com

Posted by fl/BoscoBoots at 12:52 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1435) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 4 April 2012
PAGE BLANKING OUT.
Mood:  not sure
Topic: HTML Questions
I have the SAME PROBLEM as the other posters. I noticed this over the last 2-3 days. The pages go blank.. I have to press BACK for it to appear again and then it disappears after another 30 seconds or so. It's making it very difficult for me to build my page and check it for updates as I'm doing it! I have a project that needs to be up by tonight and it's hampering my progress.

I don't understand this??? It's NEVER happend before and I have had the same account since 1998. Please let me know what the problem is and if you can help. I thought it was my computer until I realized it's ONLY happening with Angelfire. Thank you for your time!

Posted by la2/xtremewf at 12:36 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (171) | Permalink | Share This Post
Page Blanks Out
The last poster had this problem also. When I try to view any of my Angelfire websites, the page goes white after about 30 seconds.

Posted by ny5/forsale0 at 10:03 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (290) | Permalink | Share This Post
Page Blanks Out
The last poster had this problem also. When I try to view any of my Angelfire websites, the page goes white after about 30 seconds.

Posted by ny5/forsale0 at 10:02 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (289) | Permalink | Share This Post
My Angelfire HTML pages go blank after a few seconds
Mood:  down

Hi everyone. I've never had this problem before. I noticed this morning that all my Angelfire Web pages go blank after a few seconds, when I load them. For example: https://www.angelfire.com/linux/vjtorley/tableofcontents.html

I tried re-starting my PC, but that didn't make the problem go away. 

I use Google Chrome. I've recently installed Norton.

Is it a Chrome thing, an Angelfire thing, a cookie thing or a Norton thing? It can't be an HTML thing because some of my pages haven't been altered for years. 

Posted by linux/vjtorley at 1:54 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (121) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 1 April 2012
How do you embed streaming videos on your blog?
For example, I tried to embed a YouTube video with the HTML Source Editor and it didn't work. I've also tried it with the "Insert/Edit Embedded Media" button and that didn't work either. 

Posted by roygerdodger at 3:42 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (119) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 30 March 2012
Can we add "Members only" pages on Site Builder
Mood:  irritated
Now Playing: SEIPR
I have been trying for three days to create Members only pages, and nothing seems to work. I would prefer to make it secure, but that is non-essential. Any ideas?

Posted by seipr at 3:37 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (132) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 28 March 2012
Where is my site published ??
Topic: FrontPage

I just made my website and i clicked publish , everything seemed ok it and this is what i get 

http://siegeagain.angelfire.com/

undefined ?????
Someone from Anglefire pls come here and take a look at this ! 

Posted by siegeagain at 7:07 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (110) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 22 March 2012
Saving Images
Topic: Image Questions

I've had my account since 2000 and have long since changed computer hard drives over the course of the last 12 years. Is there any way I can save my images from my webshell to my computer? I've already attempted this by right-clicking on the image to view + save image. Once I open it up, it displays "Invalid Image" instead.

There are some images I'd like to keep with me. I know Angelfire wants to keep a lock & key on files because of copyright laws and such, but I didn't think at the age of 18 that I'd need to keep a hold of my files like that - back then, I stored files on floppy drives and if I was lucky, CDR's. 

If you or anyone could help me with this, that would be great. Thank you.

Posted by in3/sobe at 7:02 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (110) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 21 March 2012
WHERE'S MY WEB SITE? WHAT A WASTE OF TIME!

ANGELFIRE NOW SUCKS! YOU HAVE CHANGED YOUR WEB SITE SO MANY TIMES OVER THE YEARS, AND NOW YOU LOST ME.

I CREATED MY NEW WEB SITE THREE TIMES, AND IT IS NOWHERE.  NO, I DIDN'T DO IT 2 MINUTES AGO - I DID IT TWO DAYS AGO, AND IT IS STILL NOT THERE.  IT SAID IT WAS SAVED, AND IT WASN'T. 

YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE "TICKETS" PAGE DOES NOT WORK.

I SAY, IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT.  WHERE'S MY WEB PAGE:  MYFAVORITEMEMORIES.ANGELFIRE.COM? 

WHAT A WASTE OF TIME!

BY THE WAY, MY "MOOD" IS "BITE ME!"

Posted by myfavoritememories at 9:45 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (111) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 17 March 2012
Angelfire on Facebook
Join Angelfire on facebook https://www.facebook.com/angelfireclub

Posted by dalleh at 11:52 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (113) | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Saturday, 17 March 2012 11:53 PM EDT
Thursday, 15 March 2012
welcome
welcome!

Posted by owncrazy at 4:18 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (356) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 11 March 2012
Larger photo
Mood:  a-ok
Now Playing: Please help
Topic: Image Questions
How can I make my images look larger?  I have posted three old, old pictures with several people and it's hard to make out the faces in the current size.  I used to know how to do this but haven't done it in awhile..

Posted by fl/cookcrab at 2:13 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (125) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 9 March 2012
Help
Now Playing: What is "Request has illegal value for param oldhost."
I purchased a new domain and am trying to work on it but every time I try I get this message. I opened a ticket but a week later I have yet to get any answers from them and only one reply.  I want to edit the site in webshell but it says I have to assign it to Angelfire, tripod, etc... when I try to do this I get "Request has illegal value for param oldhost." no matter what I do. HELP

Posted by journal2/terry30701 at 10:09 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (116) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 5 March 2012
JavaScript
I am wanting to purchase a program, which I tested, to make my menus on my site look more professional. It is in Java Script. Can I upload JavaScript into the site and make it work? If so, how do I go about it?  I am using heavy html codes for the current menu and I am not pleased with the results. It works and has been for years but I want to clean it up. Please help with instructions. Gary G.

Posted by il/beloitbowling at 10:23 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (115) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 4 March 2012
Please somebody teach me how to delete in my account
Mood:  accident prone
Now Playing: They still charge my credit account.
Topic: News
This  Angelfire club is suck.  I do not wanna use it anymore.  I can not delete this problem. Do you know somebody how to delete? Where can I deilete this problem? I need to change free program. They still charge my money  from my account even though I told Angel service stuff that please delete my account. They said" Yes"  but they didn't. 

Posted by terasho at 11:57 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (125) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 3 March 2012
How to move banner ads?

Hi,

I'm in the midst of creating my website and currently have the free version of angelfire with the ads at the top of my site.  I would like those ads to appear at the bottom instead of the top.  How do I do this?  I clicked the link to submit a ticket to angelfire help, but after clicking the link, the message "this portal does not exist" appeared.  You can see my site (first and only page, so far) at http://www.mytudorhome.com/

Thank you.  Jane

Posted by crunchy-granola at 9:06 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (243) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 1 March 2012
Web Site Cancer
Yep. There it is again. March 1st. Web site cancer in the upper left side of every web page on my site. Thanks Google for yet another link to a virus or hate speech or computer malfunction. I called them and reported the problem and they merely said, "well I didn't know anything about that, but I'll direct you to someone who does" and hung up. Very unprofessional Google. Very childish. Grow up.

Posted by antropolisbooks at 11:30 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (861) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older