Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Sunday, 1 January 2012
No FTP connection
Topic: HTML Questions

Please inform us of when FTP will be available for use to clients in Austraia?

piando.com

Posted by oz/piando at 6:50 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 25 December 2011
videos on blog

any advice on how to embed a youtube video to my blog?  I have tried both youtube scripts and nothing works.

Also, I have tried to upload videos (48 s), but it says my file is too large.  What size is allowed?

TIA

Diana 

Posted by montanamadetradingpost at 1:27 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (6) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 20 December 2011
ftp
Mood:  celebratory
Now Playing: ftp
Topic: News

My ftp started to work today..but its limiting my upload size??? its never done this before..please help

Posted by psy/mrcoily at 10:06 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (8) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 19 December 2011
Update: FTP Outage and Denial of Service Attack

My name is Chris, and I'm the general manager for Angelfire and Tripod. As some of you are aware, FTP is currently unavailable. I wanted to explain what's happened, why, and what we're doing next.

Angelfire was hit by denial of service attack early yesterday morning. Thanks to security measures we have in place, no member accounts were violated, and no Angelfire sites were harmed. However, the force of the attack did cause us to take certain parts of Angelfire offline, including FTP, which was the main focus of the attack.

We've been working through the night, and will continue working today, to restore full service to everyone. Thank you for your patience as we restore service, and for your patronage. 

As soon as we have an ETA on restoring full service, we will let you know.

Sincerely,
Chris Cummings
General Manager

Posted by chriscummings101 at 9:46 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (7) | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Monday, 19 December 2011 9:46 AM EST
How much space
Mood:  accident prone
Now Playing: How much space

How can I find out how much space I am useing on my web page?

Posted by ky/kenny123 at 6:13 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 18 December 2011
FTP Problems?

Is FTP working? I've been using Filezilla without a problem for several years but today I've been getting the "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server" error. I've tried several angelfire FTP accounts from two different PCs (both running Windows 7), all with the same result. Other FTP sites work OK. Disabling windows firewall and my antivirus software had no effect. Anyone else with this problem?

-E.

Posted by psy/dmr_records at 6:07 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 12 December 2011
Bringing my webpage into the 21st Century??
Mood:  d'oh

Hi everyone from Chrissy the Stooges Woman!

I'm writing this because I need help! I'm old and crotchety and created my fabulous almost-award-winning web page, "Women Who Run With the Stooges" (https://www.angelfire.com/ca4/stoogelovers/), back when I was younger and less crotchety.

Now I'm giving serious thought to completely redoing it and bringing it into the 21st century.

But - how?? Is there some easy way to do it or am I doomed to spend days and weeks and months transferring files and links and writing code and cursing and drinking (basically all the same stuff I did when I originally created it, nyuk nyuk!)?

Any suggestions/comments/help MUCH appreciated! Thanks!!

Posted by ca4/stoogelovers at 3:52 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 7 December 2011
How to create more pages with different content
I have created a home page but I want to have several additional pages. Every time I edit one they all change to show the same thing. How can I make them different?

Posted by coxfellowship at 8:37 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (7) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 5 December 2011
Adsense ads not appearing
Is anybody else having trouble with adsense ads not coming on?

Posted by ak2/intelligencerreport at 8:51 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 3 December 2011
Link
Hi there, I am trying to create link to a file in my Media folder. it wont create the link.

Posted by nrfnwa at 8:42 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 2 December 2011
FrontPage not working
Topic: FrontPage

I've had an Angelfire account for several years, but recently my FrontPage updating feature stopped working.  I've read the instructions from Angelfire, but the Preferences button does not seem to appear anywhere.  Can someone give me specific and correct instructions to check and see if FrontPage has been disabled on my account,  please.....

Thanks,

Frank

Posted by pro/fkizer at 10:58 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (55) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 15 November 2011
Pop/Imap E-mail Account help

I'm having a problem adding Pop/Imap E-mail accounts to my account. I go to the control panel, click "Domain E-Mail," and then when I click "Add POP/IMAP E-mail Account" it takes me to the page "Domain Info."  It's the other way around when I try to add a sub-domain, it just takes me back to "Domain E-Mail."

I have a paid account that includes both of these features, why can't I access them? 

Posted by armoredchampions at 1:08 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 14 November 2011

How do I unpublish a website?  Hello,  Does anyone know how to unpublish a website? Please be specific.I could not find the unpublish button.  Thanks,Dan

Posted by clinciucompressor at 2:43 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 11 November 2011
new website
Mood:  don't ask

Just started this website 2 months ago and still nobody tried everything ready to give up. at http://nonestopshopping.com

any ideas

Posted by drenna9p at 2:12 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (6) | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Friday, 11 November 2011 2:16 AM EST
Friday, 28 October 2011

I recently got a new computer that has windows 7 and I can't access my site manager to make changes to my existing website with webon/anglefire/lycos. The page comes up as a watermark, but then it never loads.  Is there some security thing about Windows 7 I don't know about that is preventing this?  I can still make the changes on my old computer, but that has its own set of problems.  Can anyone help me?

Posted by reginacoupar at 4:47 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (6) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 26 October 2011
Buddy Login/Seeing Group Posts Question

I'm having trouble seeing blog posts that I've marked as buddy/group shares rather than public.  Does anyone have this?  The posts are there, but even when I'm logged in or when my buddies are logged in, they are not visible.  I've tried having the entries marked as readable by a group, or readable by all buddies, but that doesn't help.  Hints would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Lisa Jarnot 

Posted by lisa jarnot at 4:53 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (47) | Permalink | Share This Post
Clarification of Certain Rules...

When I first strarted my Angelfire page, way back in 1999, before the merger with Lycos, I read in the rules that I am allowed to promote my own product or business, but not someone else's.  At the time I did not pay much attention, because I was here for entirely different reasons.  But now I need to ask for a clarification:

I recently self-published a book on lulu.com.  I would like to use my Angelfire page as part of my promotion of the book, and since I wrote the book, and recieve the royalties for each sale, I consider it to be within the rules, i.e. promoting my own product.  However, the way lulu.com works is, each copy of the book is printed only when someone orders it through them.  So, in order to promote my book, I would have to direct people to lulu.com's website.  Would this be considered a violation of the rules, i.e. promoting someone else's business?

Posted by wa/vagabond at 12:38 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (8) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 19 October 2011
Embedded midi's
Now Playing: Midi's

Does anyone know why embedded midi's no longer play using Google Chrome??  They won't play in my domain on Angelfire.  The .wav files are fine and the midi's are fin in Internet Explorer, but won't play in Chrome..

Anyone know of a code that works with Chrome??

Thanks

Betty

Posted by ga3/Qween at 6:26 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 13 October 2011
More popups and ads??
Mood:  not sure

Recently, we have been made aware that there are now even more popups and ads on all Lycos Network free services.

We understand that its free and ya'll need to make money off all this.  However, we wanted to let you know the complaints we have been getting from our own users - many of which have stopped coming to our site.

The users do not like the concept that Lycos' popups "weasel" their way past their blockers - quoting that only servers hosting malware would do such a thing.  They also do not like that all the extra popups are the same way, so instead of 1 popup getting past it all - they get 3 per page.  Another thing, the cookie tracking used to control popups doesn't always work like it used to.

We have been with ya'll for about 10ish years, and have noticed that Lycos' latest decisions are affecting user trustworthyness to sites on the Lycos network.  (Too many of our users have been begging us to leave Angelfire and Tripod for over 2 years.)

Posted by The DWS Team at 10:25 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 10 October 2011
Distoted, Ghost Imagery on My Page. . .
My page xxlab.angelfire.com has now been displaying a distorted childish-looking copy of a small image I have since removed from teh top.

I cannot get this distorted ghost image to disappear and was wondering if anyone here knew some tricks to remove it.

Please, before all of our clientele thinks we are a business run by an 11year old from an iPhone!

Posted by xxlab at 7:10 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (10) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older