Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Saturday, 28 May 2011
Building Positive Reputation Management
Internet has transformed the face of commerce significantly. Gone are the days, when clients would call up to find out about the services offered by a company. Internet has brought the world to the fingertips of its clients, and all they have to do is Google the name of the concerned company to assemble information about it! Nowadays, there are a number of blogs, social media sites and online consumer forums, for customer's reviews. At times because of which business owners are relentlessly affected by such reviews, which can either make or break their brand image. Your Online Reputation Management is a serious concern to the health of your business.

In the real world, especially online your business reputation has a lot to do with the sales data and the approach in which the clients respond to new expansions. Managing the reputation of a specific company, can be broadly divided into three different categories i.e. Building, managing and recovery of a company's reputation.

In Reputation management it is very important to realize not only its recovery but also its invigorating and preventative part as it has to uphold and improve a reputation before it ever even got marked for any given reason. All online activities should be monitored very personally where all businesses are involved and being ready to take immediate steps to diminish any bad effects that could harm a reputation from negative comments posted online.

Posted by brandrevitalize1 at 9:24 AM EDT | Post Comment | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 26 May 2011
UNABLE TO POST COMMENTS ON THIS BLOG
Mood:  crushed out
Now Playing: Nobody Knows the Trouble I've Seen
Topic: News
Please see below my previous TWO postings on this subject.

It has been TWO weeks since this issue was first
noticed.

1. Unable to comment on posts on Angelfire Club Blog

2. Unable to post new messages on all HTML Gear Guestbooks.

3. Unable to open a ticket @ help.lycos.com

Where are the Lycos Team> Why doesn't anyone let us
know what is going on?

Posted by me2/kulacoco at 11:34 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (9) | Permalink | Share This Post
domain
Mood:  not sure
I just got my domain and now I cant figure how to set it up with angelfire any help please?

Posted by tn3/shyrobyne1 at 8:45 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 20 May 2011
MIME types

When will Angelfire update the MIME types recognised by their servers?

I run a website which using  HTML5, plays a video. In IE and Firefox this will not work because the server is not recogning the video file as a video - it instead default to text/plain.

Would Angelfire please add mpeg, webm and ogg files to the MIME types recognised by their servers!

Posted by oliverboorman1 at 9:49 AM EDT | Post Comment | Permalink | Share This Post
Unable to post comments on this blog
Mood:  down
For over a week now, we are unable to post any comments
on this blog; although a new message may be posted.

This issue also extends to the HTML Gear Guestbooks.
{see my posting below)

One cannot even open a support ticket @ help.lycos.com

I hope that the Angelfire/Tripod team gets this issue
fixed soon! :-)

Posted by me2/kulacoco at 3:08 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 17 May 2011
Server Side Includes on Angelfire
Mood:  irritated
Topic: CGI scripts

Hi everyone,

I am trying to use some SSI code on a website which I run, to include the current year in the footer of the page. 

I want to use the following:

<!--#config timefmt="%Y" --><!--#echo var="DATE_GMT" -->

However when I add this to a HTML document and view it from the Angelfire server, I get an error message ([an error occured while processing this directive]) followed by the unformated current GMT date. Does Angelfire not allow you to use the config ssi tag?

I already use the include virtual SSI tag to include a html file which store the navigation of the website and that works perfectly but this doesn't and its really frustrating me!

Thanks for you help! 

Posted by oliverboorman1 at 3:38 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (8) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 15 May 2011
Change Account E-Mail to E-mail on another account but needed on this one as well

Hello,

Would you possibly tell me how I can go about entering an e-mail address that I have on another Angelfire account to this one.  I deleted the other account a while back and I don't know how to do this one.

Thank you for your time,

Charlene

Posted by charpet at 11:33 AM EDT | Post Comment | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 12 May 2011
HTML Gear Guestbook Error
The 'continue' button, for posting a message on the HTML Gear Guestbook,
is resolving to an error page.

Posted by me2/kulacoco at 11:54 PM EDT | Post Comment | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 3 May 2011

How do I go about reseting my page counter?   It somehow was set back to zero.  I have had over 40,000 visits and then it reset to zero.

How do I go about resetting the counter back to where is should be. 

Posted by wa/englishsetter at 5:58 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Counter reset

The counter on my page reset to zero and is now 600+.

I had over 40,000 plus and was a good indicator of my page's use to visitors.

How do I reset the counter to add the missing 40,000 visits 

Posted by wa/englishsetter at 5:55 PM EDT | Post Comment | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 9 April 2011
feedback forms doesnt work on free version?
Mood:  caffeinated

i had a feedback form on mi free angelfire site for one year now but now everytime somebody tries it it says:

The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /feedback.php.

are we not allowed to use feedback forms anymore?? if i go to the paid version can i use it?

thanks 

Posted by serenitybay at 10:05 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 3 April 2011
Cannot sync Google Calendar in Angelfire
Topic: HTML Questions
OK....so I signed up and created a website for my small trivia business. Mind you I am using the "free" version. I want to use to google calendar add-on, and have followed the instructions given to the letter "T"...but all I can seem to actually do is place a link on the "published" site that will take you to the actual calendar upon clicking on it....is this right, or have I failed to do something to make the calendar appear on the site once published????? HELP!!!!  

Posted by matt24u at 7:16 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 31 March 2011
"Failed to Save Webpage"

I just signed up as a free member and I was planning on upgrading to a paid membership but I wanted to experiment first and test things out. I made one home page and saved it. Then, I decided to change it.

I had a terrible time trying to position images with that webon thing. I had to go to Photoshop and recreate the order I wanted images to appear and save them all on one background as ONE image then upload that.

The first few times I tried saving this test page, it would not allow double spacing between paragraphs so they were all on top of each other. Now, that seems to have resolved. NOTE: As I previewed this post, I see at least in the preview window, the paragraphs are squashed down on each other with no spaces inbetween. It remains to be seen if that's still what it looks like when I hit submit.

Now I am trying to edit the text, reword it, delete some things. Text only so it should not be complicated. And now that webon thing will not allow me to save any changes. I keep getting an error message. Why?

I don't like the main index page and I want to change it and now I cannot save any changes. What do I have to do in that webon thing to save text changes and/or save the newly edited page and not get an error message?

Also, I cannot find the "unpublish" button. As part of trying to figure out on my own how to save a page, I published this one page and now I would like to unpublish it and I cannot find the button to do that anywhere.

If I go ahead and get a paid plan, will I be able to get rid of this webon thing? It is extremely cumbersome and difficult to use. I cannot see any of the HTML coding, much less add/delete/edit it. I see no button to turn the page into just editable HTML (like Notepad). The drag and drop device is in my way. It won't let me do what I want and I'd rather just handcode my own HTML. How can I do that?

I wanted to get a paid program just so I can upload via FTP my own HTML pages. I really hate that webon thing. But, why would I get a paid program if there is no way to save pages here?

Does the "web shell" with the paid program force you to use that webon thing? If the answer is yes, I'm not sure I want to do that.

So, how do I save the changes in the one page I have now?

Posted by x-shikseh-files at 4:06 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 27 March 2011
"Add E-Mail Forwarding Address" Not working.
Topic: FrontPage

I'm trying to add a new e-mail forwarding address, but it keeps jumping back to the "Domain Info" page.  Basically, it's not allowing me.

I'm wondering if anybody else is having the same problem or if it's just me...  And how do I get it fixed?

Posted by sakura.moon.empire at 10:02 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (21) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 19 March 2011
"How Can I Make You Mine" Review
Mood:  on fire
Now Playing: Vel Omarr's "How Can I Make You Mine" Cd
Topic: News
Vel Omarr's "How Can I Make You Mine" Cd is definitely a demonstrative compilation of songs that lets the listener know that this is one of the greatest tenors around. Vel's vocal ability can only be compared to a finely tuned tenor saxophone being played by a master. The title tract 'How Can I Make You Mine' is a fantastic song. 'Trouble Blues' is a clear manifestation of Sam Cookes influence on Vel's music with a dash of Marvin Gaye thrown in the works. The 'Stay Where You Are' track is indubitably a tribute to the 'Doo Wop' era when voices were the major instruments and the background music was added as an after thought Vel Omarr's ability to move from spinto tenor to lyric tenor, effortlessly is amazing. Vel has said that Sam Cooke was a musical inspiration to him so I'm sure that Sam is looking down on him like a proud mentor and Marvin is smiling also, just as all the original Doo Wop groups are breathing a sigh of relief when they realize that REAL music is forever. Muzic Talk definitely wants to see that they have all of Vel Omarr's works and you should also, the man's voice is awe-inspiring.
By Gilconentertainment

http://www.ClassicSoulPromotions.com

http://www.Vel-Omarr.com

Posted by music4/velomarr0 at 3:52 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 18 March 2011

May you please cancel my account entirely?  I like your site, but I just don't want to start a business as I once did.

Posted by angelrockde at 2:29 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 10 March 2011
Expression Web 3/Angelfire HELP
Topic: FrontPage

When I try and upload my website from Angelfire to Expression Web 3, it asks for my user name. I type it in as va2/bbsoccer and it tells me:

Examples: 

User Name

username@domain

DOMAIN\username

Someone please help me with this. I am fine once I can get the two linked together......

Thanks in advance!

Posted by va2/bbsoccer at 4:31 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 12 February 2011
FTP login with FileZilla

I had been using FileZilla (v3.3.5.1) for sometime to access my web contents. All of a sudden, the login is not working. Don't know if this corresponds to angelfire/lycos requiring a password change recently.

Are there some preferred settings for FileZilla? I use my credentials to login to webshell, so those are OK. Following is the FileZilla dialog if this makes sense to anybody.

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...

Response: 220 Welcome to Angelfire FTP.

Command: USER blog/wpsatschool

Response: 331 Username set to blog/wpsatschool. Now enter your password.

Command: PASS *********

Response: 230- Welcome to Angelfire's FTP server.

Response: 230-

Response: 230- For more info, see the FTP FAQ at

Response: 230- http://help.lycos.com/angelfire/a_q_22.asp

Response: 230 User 'blog/wpsatschool' logged on.

Command: SYST

Response: 215 UNIX Type: L8

Command: FEAT

Response: 500 Command 'FEAT' not understood

Command: PWD

Response: 257 "/" is current directory.

Command: TYPE I

Response: 200 Type set to 'I' (IMAGE aka BINARY).

Command: PASV

Response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (209,202,252,42,5,168)

Command: LIST

Error: Connection timed out

Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing

Posted by blog/wpsatschool at 9:29 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (10) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 9 February 2011
Changing the style on an existing web site
Topic: Image Questions
I have just taken an existing web site over as the developer.  The site needs a refresehd look.  Is there an "easy" way to change things like the tab design and background?  Help!

Posted by nj3/aafsc at 3:28 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (14) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 2 February 2011
nothing is what I thought

This is nothing like what I thought it would be. thought I would have an e-mail address that was a real address, not webmaster bull.

the stupid sub domain works like shi-

guess all I really get is more web space. uck

Posted by don.madigan at 7:46 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older