Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Friday, 28 January 2011
FTP/WebShell help

I am trying to upload files from my computer onto my web site, but when I try to log on to the FTP server thing, it says 

Username:_________

Password:_________

But, I type in my username and password, and literally nothing happens. I click "log in" and the same box for entering my username and password comes up. It doesn't even tell me I typed it in wrong, it just refreshes the box over and over again. 

So I thought I would try the WebShell instead, but I have NO IDEA where to find it.. Is it still available for free membership users??

I've tried google-ing both of these issues, and I get no results. I am just brought back to the FAQ's here on the site, which are no help at all.. If anyone has any suggestions or solutions, please.. Do tell. 

Posted by kllegros at 12:24 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 27 January 2011
Questionare Forms
Mood:  crushed out
Now Playing: Bandit
Topic: CGI scripts

I'm trying to get a form on my test page to work, so it sends the information to my email or cgi-bin. http://www.oghs84.com/test.html

I did have it to redirect to another page after clicking the submit button, but no longer does that either. I called customer service, who said they would fix it for me within 24 hours, but they never did and I haven't heard back from them.

Posted by oghs84 at 12:35 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (7) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 26 January 2011
Webon sites for blog? FB like button for blog?
Topic: CGI scripts

I am wondering if it is possible to use the webon sitebuilder for the blog function (those templates look so much nicer) and also what is the best way to add a facebook like button to each blog post?

Thanks for your help!

Sallie 

Posted by Sallie M. Anderson at 9:47 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (8) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 25 January 2011
Aslihan Mimarlik Emlak Ofisi
Now Playing: mario
good article thanks
http://www.aslihangroup.com

Posted by aslihangroup at 6:31 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Resizing My Entire Site
Hi! I am building my site with the Angelfire Site Builder (webon). My husband is viewing the site on an older monitor, and he says a lot of people may not be able to view more than 800 pixels wide. Is there an easy way to resize all my pages? I looked at the style customization section and I have no idea what I am looking at there.

Posted by ifmypeople at 6:05 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 24 January 2011
Frontpage 2003 removes final "/" before publishing
Topic: FrontPage
When I go to publish with FP 2003 in Windows Vista, the last "/" gets removed and I am told FP can't find the web site.  Is  there any work-around to this or anyway to keep the slash from getting removed.  I would appreciate any help.

Posted by lollysplayplace at 11:51 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 23 January 2011
Trying to Sell

I'm currently registered as a "Free" site builder and I am using the website to sell my candles, but I don't want to use Pay Pal since I'm not comfortably familiar with it. Does anyone know how I can get a shopping cart program set up for my site, that way customers can use a variety of methods and view their orders before making a final purchase?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Posted by kandlezbykayz at 9:10 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 18 January 2011
google chrome bug issue?

I use google chrome and lately everytime I try to create a new post for my blog, I lose all of my work when I try to upload a photo or add a link. Is there a fix coming for this?

Thanks!

Sallie

http://www.mikeandsallie.com/sallie 

Posted by Sallie M. Anderson at 7:10 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Browser compatability

I use MSIE 8. I cannot upload images to my blog. I get the popup window, for adding pictures, but only half of it is showing. I can upload, but everything below that is not accessible.

Posted by montanamadetradingpost at 12:15 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 17 January 2011
Subdomains
Mood:  don't ask

I am really hoping this is the right place to ask this. Is anyone else having trouble with creating subdomains?

I had a domain (and a subdomain), but decided today that I wanted my domain to have a different name. I bought a new domain, parked the old one (along with the old subdomain) and the new domain is now up and working. I want to create 2 subdomains (I am allowed 3), but each time I attempt to create one, I get nowhere. The page just refreshes and wants me to enter the subdomain name again. It never takes me to the page where I am to link a directory to the subdomain.

Long story short, no subdomains are getting created and I am getting very frustrated. Am I the only one with this problem?

Posted by wildflowerpixels at 2:37 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 14 January 2011
web shell suggestion
I would like to see the confirmation again when you save an edited page.  Sometimes I'm editing 10 or 15 pages and once I save them and go back to the list, I forget which one I just saved.  The old web shell stated which page you just saved so you know where you left off.

Posted by ky3/caroln242 at 10:38 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Are any people still having trouble logging in to this club blog? Dalleh?

My club blog page also does not show me as logged in but I can moderate it. I found I can post new entries here if I use the "edit your blog" link in the left side panel and choose this help blog from those listed at my AF account. Then click the link to create a new entry.

Make sure the "Make this post:" "Public " option is selected.  DO NOT SELECT "shared with community". It's counterintuitive I know,  but sharing with the community is a private post that will only display if you're logged in here. We already know that's a problem. There re 2 such private posts that aren't appearing for that reason. One on Jan 7 the other on Jan 8. They are appearing in my control panel but can't be answered. They also show up as date links on the club blog calendar for the day they were posted.

Private posts, if displayed, will have a small icon listed before the entry title. It looks like a group of weebles. If you see that in front of your entry then please repost your entry as PUBLIC. Otherwise they can't be answered, at least not by some of us.

Hope this helps someone

~cw

Posted by CW at 2:47 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Friday, 14 January 2011 2:54 PM EST
Saturday, 25 December 2010
Pop email sometimes not working

I have a pop email with Angelfire. It is Joe@proudoftwerton.com which sends emails to my hotmail account.

It's worked fine up until the last few months. People keep saying that emails sent to that address bounce back. I have missed important information and appointments for that reason. Please could you look into it?

Posted by apollos at 7:17 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 23 December 2010
cant find my web page!!!!
Topic: FrontPage
i published my page im loged in and it still cant find my page!!!!! No matter what i do it takes me to my control panel where it sias not published!!! What do i do?????

Posted by masteritemastering at 3:39 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 17 December 2010
I cannot log in to the club, I can manage but can not post, it always says not loged in.

Posted by dalleh at 12:20 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 15 December 2010
Here's to a More Secure New Year

In recent weeks, several major corporations, including McDonald's and Walgreen, have been the target of hackers who have stolen thousands of usernames and passwords and posted them online. Angelfire has not been breached but to be safe, starting next week, we're going to require all our users to update their passwords to make them harder to crack. You can change your password at any time or wait until you see the password screen asking you to update your password.

Posted by blog/community at 10:31 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
abducted site

i linked to twitter and site         planet/familydivorcelawyer

has been abducted.  cannot change to delete all twitter dope.

Please clear or delete site.

lawrence mort

Posted by planet/familydivorcelawyer at 10:22 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 13 December 2010
PHP error resolved

When our fix for "Modules not appearing" went out it made a small change in the way images are published that caused errors on some users sites.

If you see a page that tells you that "PHP is not enabled on your account" the fix is simply to load your site in the editor and republish.

We have added code that will prevent that state from occuring again.

Our support team has been informed and will be giving out this information as well.

Sorry for an inconvenience this may have caused.

Posted by helpfulman at 2:47 PM EST | Post Comment | Permalink | Share This Post
404 Error
Mood:  irritated
Now Playing: The Anna Liz Experience
Topic: HTML Questions
I have been updating a page on my website, Adding Pictures and new text, I saved the site and published it yet I am still getting a 404 Error!!! I even logged out then logged back in, unpublished the entire site then published it again and still no TheAnnaLizExperience page!!! We are a Radio Station and I need that Page up ASAP!! Please anyone help!!!!!!

Posted by jvproductions at 12:46 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 10 December 2010
YouTube video download - How to save in your hard drive?
Free YouTube Download is a simple tool that downloads YouTube videos to your hard drive, featuring formats native Flash video format, FLV.

A simple freeware application works pretty well, YouTube Video Download is another good and free YouTube video downloader: the main distinguishing feature of YouTube Downloader is that now you can view High Quality videos and High Definition videos from YouTube.

Free YouTube Download is not only simple in design, but also in usage: select your preferred format and let Free YouTube Download take care of the rest. The downloading process only takes a few minutes and you can then enjoy your YouTube videos locally straight away. On the downside, there was something about YouTube Video Download I didn't like much.

Posted by flashvideoplayer at 2:51 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older