Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Tuesday, 9 February 2010
Can't get my donation button on my page!!!
Mood:  not sure
Topic: Image Questions
hello all! I'm very new to this and i just wanna know how to get my "Donate" button on my page? Where do i past the code at for it to show up????

Posted by ashleys115 at 1:23 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (10) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 22 January 2010
Unable to publish my new site
Mood:  hungry
Now Playing: silence
Topic: HTML Questions

Hi everyone, my first post so bear with me.....

FTP'd my new site to angelfire - www.angelfire.com/pe2/bonhom - no problems. When I go direct to this url the site and its navigation menu work just fine. However, when I go to www.bonhom.com (it's internet alias) the navigation menu is not shown and I can't get to any other pages (e.g. www.bonhom.com/page2.html). 

I have reported this problem twice to the help desk but have been met with silence.  

Is there anyone out there who has experienced a similar problem and can help?

Thanks in advance. 

Posted by pe2/bonhom at 10:57 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (29) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 7 January 2010
My Email suddenly Quit working
Mood:  not sure

I use Lycos email and suddely it quit working.No settings were changed.I tells me my settings are not supported via my isp I checked with them.They see no Problem.Anyone got any ideas

wv8bu@electricity-savings.biz www.electricity-savings.biz

Posted by electricity-savings at 10:34 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 12 December 2009
Webon Issues Resolved

There were some issues with many members being able to build and publish their sites with the new WebOn editor. These issues have now been resolved. Please try out the new editor and let us know what you think!

JP

Posted by ma3/jpranevich at 6:03 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Website
Mood:  irritated

This is the first time I have used this site.  I'm trying to publish my website for my class to angelfire's free site.  I transferred all my files on the FTP, but not not certain what I need to do now to get it to work.  I tried clicking on edit website in case I needed up upload my files on that as well and it keeps giving me an error.  Can anyone help me?  It is due today.  Anyway, my webpage isn't working and I really need it to.

Posted by dianaswebdesign at 2:43 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 11 December 2009
Image in documents help
I am doing a portfolio project in which I must link several word documents to my homepage. The problem is that once I have these documents linked, the images in the documents don't appear with the rest of the words. What do I do to get my images to show up?

Posted by eobengodu at 9:44 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 9 December 2009
Removing old websites

way back when I built a couple of websites that I havent used in years.  The email address was thru globel.net which sold out to yahoo and of course I have moved since then and all info but the old email address has ben lost for ever.  These sights cause problems with my URL's and getting to my newer sites. How do I get red of them.

I need help fast!!!!!!!!

wolfpack1557@yahoo.com

thanks

Posted by wfmahq at 1:33 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 2 December 2009
Angelfire Support Update

As of December 1, I'm pleased to announce that Angelfire now has phone support available for paying users. (I'm sorry, we aren't able to offer phone support for free members, but you can still enter a ticket at http://help.lycos.com.) Hours for phone support are from 8AM to 8PM.

The numbers will be posted on Angelfire's My Account pages within the next several days, but I wanted to share this with the club while the changes get rolled out.

Angelfire Paid Support: 902-367-3826

Posted by blog/jrp34 at 3:38 PM EST | Post Comment | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 30 November 2009
Html Gear - Guest Gear View Guestbook
I'm sure that this is only temporary, however links for
Html Gear - Guest Gear View Guestbook are not loading.

Posted by me2/kulacoco at 10:32 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 13 November 2009
JavaScript Only Works in Preview

Hello all. I'm a Web developer and am stuck with quite a simple error. I don't know if I need an extra pair of eyes or just a script rewrite, but I am using a script to load thumbnails in an adjoining DIV (all in a table, class "thumbs").

In "Preview" mode, the thumbnails load fine, and the images all load properly, etc. But when I visit the page via other means, all of the thumbnails are full size again, and everything is crazy.

I've had Angelfire issues before, mostly concerning code syntax. Sometimes the standards-compliant ending backslash (in single tags) will throw off a whole page. Finally, this error is only happening sometimes, although I have not edited the code again. 

?!

http://innoprog.angelfire.com/

Take a look and let me know what you think! Thumbnails are on "graphics" link. 

innoprog@gmail.com

Posted by innoprog at 6:41 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
account cancellation

Hi there - I have been trying for two days to cancel my membership. I get the same error msg after clicking 'yes I want to cancel' every time, and the help link  brings up 'internet explorer cannot access the webpage' -- every time. Trying to link my help account to my main account does not work - click on 'link account' and nothing happens. Does angelfire's help dept. actually exist? Do they speak English? Do they know who won the World Series, or are they sitting on the banks of the Ganges saying, "These In-SCRU-ta-ble Americans! Why they want to cancel already?"

Just asking. 

Posted by moonlightgardenrat at 11:22 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 10 November 2009
error404.html

"To make your own 404 Error Page, simple create an HTML page called error404.html and place it in your top-level Angelfire directory. You can use the page to link back to your homepage or promote specific parts of your site. What appears on the 404 Error Page is up to you. The only requirement is that the finished page must be at least 512 bytes in size."
From https://www.angelfire.lycos.com/popup/webshell/error404.tmpl

I've made a error404.html page. (http://brischri.angelfire.com/error404.html) but if I type http://brischri.angelfire.com/zut answer I receive is the angelfire's 404 page.

Christian

Posted by brischri at 9:49 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 3 November 2009
How to make a "Comment page"
Topic: CGI scripts

The question is in the title.

I was by geocities wher the comment.html page was a standard option I used for my texts.
I don't find this here.

Can someone give me an example of the code I must use so I can create the page and the links for "Commen this text" and "Older comments"?

Is it possible to have the title of the text automaticaly in the form?

brischri
PS ma langue maternelle est le français, pas l'anglais, pardonnez mes fautes.

Posted by brischri at 5:08 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (29) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 15 October 2009
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO GET HELP!!!!!!
Mood:  on fire

We have been trying to contact someone and have apparently used your ONLY source of customer service help (Live Chat) Which in no way, shape, or form is a LIVE chat...... to help us with our website being down and e-mails not working. It has been THREE days since we contacted you and no response!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you know how long THREE days is for a business to not have e-mail and/or website?????????????????????????? give me a customer serivce line to talk to someone. Thanks.

Posted by ill/go2dior at 4:59 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 29 September 2009
mike
Now Playing: files missing
I hope angelfire can help me, I have about 3/4s of my files missing in my webshell they were there the night before, I am on the neon plan, my bill is paid but only a handful of my files are showing.  I had one of kind photos that I can  noty replace , websites etc  the only files left are the last 20 at the botytom of the webshell and the first 20 at the top, the whole mid section of files missing, I have been with angelfire for about 10 years and never had this happen beforem   I hope they can restore my files

Posted by zine/digest at 10:51 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 17 September 2009
Required Form Field

I have created a form that has fields that I made required. I want to create a popup message when the required fields are not filled in. Can someone please show me how to do this or direct me in the right direction. Thanks.

Posted by diabloclan60 at 5:32 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 14 September 2009
Help with web form

I have a web form up on my webpage however I am not getting the results all the time, sometimes I do and other times I don't. Is there something wrong with my coding or is it something else?? Please help.

Posted by diabloclan60 at 10:11 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 3 September 2009
Help me !!!!!!!!!!!
Mood:  sad
Now Playing: Need to delete my accound

Hi i need to now how can i delete my angelfire accound because i don't use it and i have a site where people can see my email adress because of angelfire the name of the site it 123 people so i need to delete my accound from angelfire so my email adres wil not but on this other site anymore so plzzzzz help my because i delete my website from angelfire but now i want to delete my accound complitly thanks alot ;-)

bye bye.

Posted by folk/femke at 6:55 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Help me !!!!!!!!!!!
Now Playing: Need to delete my accound

Hi i need to now how can i delete my angelfire accound because i don't use it and i have a site where people can see my email adress because of angelfire the name of the site it 123 people so i need to delete my accound from angelfire so my email adres wil not but on this other site anymore so plzzzzz help my because i delete my website from angelfire but now i want to delete my accound complitly thanks alot ;-)

bye bye.

Posted by folk/femke at 6:54 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 28 August 2009
Tagging (I think) my homepage

Hi everyone,

I'm really new to this, but so far have been able to figure most of it out. The only problem is for some reason I can't find my website when I use a search engine. I read something in the help section that briefly mentions tagging your website. Is this the problem? I noticed when I enter the name with no spaces links to some of the stories will come up but not the homepage. I was also wondering can I still continue to edit the page after it's searchable? I know you probably can. How else would someone add something new to their sight, but I just wanted to double check. If anyone could help me I would be very thankful. Have a great night everyone.

Posted by siberianshaven at 4:49 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older