Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Thursday, 15 October 2009
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO GET HELP!!!!!!
Mood:  on fire

We have been trying to contact someone and have apparently used your ONLY source of customer service help (Live Chat) Which in no way, shape, or form is a LIVE chat...... to help us with our website being down and e-mails not working. It has been THREE days since we contacted you and no response!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you know how long THREE days is for a business to not have e-mail and/or website?????????????????????????? give me a customer serivce line to talk to someone. Thanks.

Posted by ill/go2dior at 4:59 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 29 September 2009
mike
Now Playing: files missing
I hope angelfire can help me, I have about 3/4s of my files missing in my webshell they were there the night before, I am on the neon plan, my bill is paid but only a handful of my files are showing.  I had one of kind photos that I can  noty replace , websites etc  the only files left are the last 20 at the botytom of the webshell and the first 20 at the top, the whole mid section of files missing, I have been with angelfire for about 10 years and never had this happen beforem   I hope they can restore my files

Posted by zine/digest at 10:51 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 17 September 2009
Required Form Field

I have created a form that has fields that I made required. I want to create a popup message when the required fields are not filled in. Can someone please show me how to do this or direct me in the right direction. Thanks.

Posted by diabloclan60 at 5:32 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 14 September 2009
Help with web form
Topic: HTML Questions

I have a web form up on my webpage however I am not getting the results all the time, sometimes I do and other times I don't. Is there something wrong with my coding or is it something else?? Please help.

Posted by diabloclan60 at 10:11 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 3 September 2009
Help me !!!!!!!!!!!
Mood:  sad
Now Playing: Need to delete my accound

Hi i need to now how can i delete my angelfire accound because i don't use it and i have a site where people can see my email adress because of angelfire the name of the site it 123 people so i need to delete my accound from angelfire so my email adres wil not but on this other site anymore so plzzzzz help my because i delete my website from angelfire but now i want to delete my accound complitly thanks alot ;-)

bye bye.

Posted by folk/femke at 6:55 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Help me !!!!!!!!!!!
Now Playing: Need to delete my accound

Hi i need to now how can i delete my angelfire accound because i don't use it and i have a site where people can see my email adress because of angelfire the name of the site it 123 people so i need to delete my accound from angelfire so my email adres wil not but on this other site anymore so plzzzzz help my because i delete my website from angelfire but now i want to delete my accound complitly thanks alot ;-)

bye bye.

Posted by folk/femke at 6:54 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 28 August 2009
Tagging (I think) my homepage

Hi everyone,

I'm really new to this, but so far have been able to figure most of it out. The only problem is for some reason I can't find my website when I use a search engine. I read something in the help section that briefly mentions tagging your website. Is this the problem? I noticed when I enter the name with no spaces links to some of the stories will come up but not the homepage. I was also wondering can I still continue to edit the page after it's searchable? I know you probably can. How else would someone add something new to their sight, but I just wanted to double check. If anyone could help me I would be very thankful. Have a great night everyone.

Posted by siberianshaven at 4:49 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 26 August 2009
Placing a PDF document on a website
I am trying to place a PDF file on my website.  It is 66 pages (307k).  I can click on it in the Basic Editor, and View it, so I know the document is there and is in good shape.  

In the Basic Editor for the page where I want to place it (page2.html), I listed the PDF document (named manual.pdf) in Step 6 as the Main Image.  In Step 10, I listed the Main Image 1st in order.  I left everything else blank, as the PDF document is the only thing I want on that page.  But it didn't work.  It doesn't display the PDF document.

What did I do wrong?

Posted by usingnewfamilysearch at 3:59 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 16 August 2009

Now Playing: HELP with Vista and MIDI Website.

I have a new computer with Vista Home Premium and IE8.I have moved my MIDI Music Geocities site to Angelfire. I cannot click on the
MIDI files in angelfire and have them open in Windows Media Player. The only wayI can hear the MIDI files is to Right Click on the MIDI file name and SaveTarget As to download the MIDI file and then play it.(I am HTML stupid) Please View Source of my websites and tell me what I have to change to get theMIDI files to play when you Left Click on them to play.
html.loco.jharr.angelfire.com
htm://www.geocities.com/james1931

I have 2 other computers with XP and IE7 on one and IE8 on the other one and my website works perfect on them.
Please I need HELP, I will send what other info you need.
James

Posted by loco.jharr at 10:37 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 10 August 2009
What is the future of Angelfire free website hosting?
Mood:  quizzical

Now the Lycos homepage only links to Tripod, what is the future of Angelfire free website hosting?

Thanks.

Posted by apegallery at 5:51 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 29 July 2009
Angelfire web stats give a false picture?

It's not my intention to cause offence, but aren't the Angelfire web stats a bit misleading?

I've always been encouraged to see my web stats tell me that my website gets more than 100 page views a day. So I've worked hard on the site, frequently adding material.

But when I set up an account with Statcounter.com, I found out that far fewer people are visiting the web pages.

For example, my stats on Angelfire tell me that yesterday I had 125 page views, but the data from Statcounter tells me that there were only about 35 "real" page views. Most of the other views were probably from search engine bots.   

Read my conversation with one of the Statcounter staff: 

http://forum.statcounter.com/vb/showthread.php?p=232595#post232595

So is there any way Angelfire can improve the accuracy of its web stats? Or is it Statcounter that is producing the less acurate figures? 

Posted by apollos at 6:31 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 27 July 2009
LOST LOG IN
Mood:  accident prone
Now Playing: ? ? ?
I have lost my old loggin name and email. So I am not abe to log in. is there a way to get my old password and email ? So I can work on my web site.

Posted by beamer.w7 at 7:15 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 23 July 2009
Free CSS Templates

Can we use free templates from places like http://www.freecsstemplates.org or are we pretty much stuck with tweaking the templates given to us in our blog builder? I tried one  from freecss but couldn't get it to work. But, I'm not a css expert either. I just wandered if it was worth my time to keep trying.

Thanks,

Sallie

http://www.mikeandsallie.com/sallie (tweaked from tangerine nip)

Posted by Sallie M. Anderson at 7:18 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 19 July 2009
Virus Alerts
Mood:  irritated

I'm an Avast! user who gets the virus alerts about every other week or so. I can get rid of them by uploading clean versions of my index.html files to my main directory and subdomain directories, but viruses always return in a week or so. I'm starting to get hate mail from visitors who say they're being bombarded by virus attacks when they arrive at my site. Never had problems like this before, had a paid Angelfire account for years.

Reason I'm posting this here is that I submitted a ticket a while back and got a reply about a week later suggesting the problem was in my computer. In my computer! So I'm getting basic customer no-service there.  I've had about as much as I can handle.

Posted by cantina/jackhardway at 12:43 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 15 July 2009
How do you create navigational links?

Hi,

I'm new to Angelfire and would like to know if anyone can give me instructions to create a navigational link for my web page? Any help would be appreciated.

Posted by tlwm3052 at 5:05 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 11 July 2009
blog template question

I've gotten pretty good at changing templates around to what I want but I still can't figure out how to put two columns on one side rather than one column on either side of the main entry area. Also, I'd like to limit the size of the blog to 800 width. This is typical for blogger and other sites but for angelfire it just automatically adjusts. Can we do this?

Thanks!

Sallie

Posted by Sallie M. Anderson at 3:15 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 9 July 2009
Need help deleting website
Now Playing: Need Help Deleting Website

I have a Angelfire website I would LOVE to delete. It's very old, plus it must have been a test site because it isn't very good. Nothing naughty but I have totally changed professions and it's confusing to people that are looking up my regular sites. The problem is I don't remember my member name or password. Tried to write to Angelfire once with no response. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by art2/design4 at 4:58 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 7 July 2009
I get this when I try to go to create a blog?

Subscribed Angelfire users can maintain an unlimited number of blogs, but Angelfire users on a free plan can maintain at most 3 blogs. Because you are downgrading to the free plan, you must choose which 3 of your blogs to keep. The blogs you don't keep will be preserved in your user directory. They can be re-activated when you decide to upgrade again.

I only had one blog. I have a domain. It wont let me delete the ones Im trying to use. I haven't used it in awhile and was going to start my blog all over today. Every time I try I get that error. I dont get what's going on? 

Posted by justholli at 8:49 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 1 July 2009
Help! Multiple urls names?

Just what I hope is a quick question,

I own www.texasartcat.com but want to have another url that points to my website say for example www.texasartcat2.com  (no not the name i'mafter).

I see no way to connect that second name to tx4/artcat (my angelfire account).  Am I missing something?

Posted by artcat at 7:08 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 29 June 2009
Angelfire Blogs maintnance tomorrow

Tomorrow morning, Angelfire Blogs will be undergoing maintenance from 5:45 AM EDT to 7:00 AM EDT. This will allow us to release a new version of the blogs software with some performance improvements and a new backend. (We're now running MySQL instead of Oracle, if that interests you.) Other than a few bugs fixed, there are no user-visible changes in this release.

JP

Posted by ma3/jpranevich at 9:46 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older