Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Friday, 7 December 2007
can i arrange blog topics by date instead of alphabetical?
Mood:  a-ok
Is there a code i can use to make my topics appear as newest to oldest, instead of alphabetical?  

Posted by indie/damiankidder at 11:10 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
loading the club blog page
Mood:  d'oh
Now Playing: The Wizard of OZ
Topic: News

You will read this Entry at somepoint,   that's only if you don't get a proxy or no server error page or if you waited long enough after you  just see the blog header and navigation but no content. :( 

Just want to say that if you get any of these errors,  use the Refresh F5 and it may take several times.  It's been a huge incovenience at Tripod and AF this past week.   Lets hope they get it fixed soon. 

The page either loads the content very slow or no page at all.  "Try to be persisitent with the refresh.  I am on broadband so it may work more quickly for me then those on slower connections.

Posted by mamaG at 1:08 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (6) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 6 December 2007

PLEASE Help with my music file!!!

i put the code on the file named: copy_of_index.html(3k)12/06/2007

The music code i put on the bottom of the page doesn't work!!!

Thanks in advance!

Posted by fl5/lisalk00 at 12:35 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (8) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 5 December 2007
PLEASE HELP!
Mood:  sad
Topic: Image Questions

Someone please help me. When I store my images in the top level directory, people have no problem viewing my site and seeing my images. But having them there is a complete mess. So I stored them in my image directory so it would be more organised. But when I did that, anyone visiting my site can't see the images. And if I go to my site without logging into my angelfire webshell. a little box pops up saying the angelfire server requires my user name and password. I changed the html code to images/mypicture like the how to section said to do. But it didn't help. Can someone please tell me what I should or should not have done to fix this problem? I'm begging you. Thanks.

Posted by hero2/stories0 at 9:57 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 3 December 2007
Help
Mood:  chillin'
Topic: HTML Questions

I NEED HELP!

I am trying to load a web page for my class but i cant seem to get any of the links to work. I got my front page to load and work, but i cant seems to any of the links to work. I also cant get any of my images to load.... help please

Posted by crazyness47 at 8:41 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 2 December 2007
video
how can i put a link on my site that will open a wedding video

Posted by steve5915 at 12:28 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 29 November 2007
Swf problem (urgent)
Mood:  sad
Topic: CGI scripts

Hi

can someone please help me..My intro.swf seems not appear on my webpage. Its juz blank

here is the website:https://www.angelfire.com/retentiontelesale/index01.html

the intro.swf is in the same folder with index.01

my coding:

<html>
<head>
<title>Untitled Document</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
</head>

<body bgcolor="#000000" text="#CCCCCC" link="#00CCFF" vlink="#00CCFF" alink="#00CCFF">
<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" align="center">
  <tr>
    <td>
      <div align="center"><object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=5,0,0,0" width="550" height="450">
          <param name=movie value="intro.swf">
          <param name=quality value=high>
          <embed src="intro.swf" quality=high pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="550" height="450">
          </embed>
        </object> <font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2"><a href="index.html">skip</a></font></div>
    </td>
  </tr>
</table>
</body>
</html>

how can i make work?

Posted by retentiontelesale at 11:51 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (11) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 27 November 2007
Download issues at Angelfire
Mood:  quizzical
Topic: Image Questions

Hello,

I would like to know why am unable to download the whole document on angelfire, even after several refreshes, whereas it comes through OK on geocities.

After all, it's only 133K in size.....

Am using Dial-up connection with 56K modem.

http://www.geocities.com/wwwebmonitor/Peter_Myles_Lusitania.jpg
https://www.angelfire.com/home/hmsfiji/Peter_Myles_Lusitania.jpg

I notice, that there has been similiar question recently (Tuesday, 6 November 2007) on this blog , which didn't  quite receive a satisfactory answer or solution.

Posted by home/hmsfiji at 8:51 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
Blog Problems
Mood:  d'oh
I am trying to change my settings so that there is only one entry showing on my main blog page. Previously it was set to show 5 entries, but I changed it to show only one entry under "change settings" in the "blog builder". The changes did not take effect, and I even made a new post. There are still 5 entries when there should only be 1.

Posted by Daymon at 10:38 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 26 November 2007
My Poetry
Mood:  special
Now Playing: My poetry cd's for sale
Topic: News

I have 5 cd's for sale under my poetry website for $12.99 each.  There is 300 poems on the website to read and give feedback on.  My website address is:"www.poetrypoem.com/renewables".  The 5 cd's are

Private Thought  private thoughts

Private Thought private thoughts Volume 2

Energy Problems

Emotions

The Church and why we need it

Posted by renewables at 10:43 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (9) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 23 November 2007
HTML GUEST GEAR ISSUES

Anyone else having problems accessing their HTML guest gear guestbooks?

Mine have been down for over 24 hours. A LYCOS ERROR PAGE comes up with the following:

Error       The page you requested could not be found.

Posted by me2/kulacoco at 2:34 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (16) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 14 November 2007

attention poster:  internetconsumerinformation

if your not logged in you will not see comment to your last post because you posted as shared with community instead of public. 

I think maybe your using the wrong angelfire user name when your trying to publish with FP and / or FTP log in.   please log in to this blog to  see your shared only post that you made on November 8th.   I commented there.

Posted by mamaG at 9:07 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 9 November 2007

(responding to post pasted below)

Yeah, that's what I figured. But when I click on the login link, nothing happens. The link changes color as a visited link, but the log in form does not show up. Only way I can log in is by clicking on post to this blog or by going to web shell and then opening the blog in a new window. But when I do that, then the reply to this post link does not work and will show up as visited but the reply form does not load, or else it still requires the verification code.

I want to thank you all for your help with my problematic link on my sea turtle page. I could never seem to get it in right, perhaps it was being updated often. But someone from the cccturtle.org  came across my post and said they fixed it from their end...You never know what's gonna happen when you post, eh?! Thanks again.

Quoted:

Monday, 29 October 2007 - 3:06 PM EDT

Name: "cw"

Since you have vision problems here's a tip for posting to this blog - If you log into your AF account or into this blog first, you will not need to use
a verification code to post a comment. In fact, you should not even be given one.

hope that helps 

Reply to this Comment

Posted by turtlestruebiz at 12:40 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 7 November 2007
ANGELFIRE logo on my home page!
Mood:  irritated

Angelfire,

Once again you, Angelfire, have placed your ANGELFIRE logo on my home page.  I am paying every month for the Krypton contract.  I just reviewed it again and it still says NO ADS.  I understand NO ADS to mean NO ADS.  Since I am unable to remove it I am asking you to please abid by your contract and remove your ANGELFIRE logo from my web site.

www.countrytimefarm.net

Thank you

Posted by ia/countrytimefarm at 9:10 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (15) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 6 November 2007
Angelfire Download and Streaming Problems at 56k
Now Playing: Problems with Angelfire File Downloads

We have a problem with the Angelfire server with download of files from our website of around 300 kb and above when the visitor is using a TELEPHONE DIAL-UP CONNECTION.  The Angelfire server will allow download of only part of the file and then the download concludes AS IF THE WHOLE FILE HAS DOWNLOADED.  High speed connections work just fine but we still have a lot of dial-up visitors.

To perform a download test, we put a simple 394 kb jpeg image on the Angelfire Server and the same file on a Tripod server.  The file download will conclude prematurely at around 119 kb on Angelfire and only about one forth the image downloads.  The download WILL NOT continue.  By comparison,  there is no such problem on Tripod.

There is always a possibility that the problem is just with our computers but if it is with the Angelfire server, then anyone using that server for their webpage will have a problem with downloads of any medium or large size file.  This will include audio, video, and any progressive downloads in general.

Since Angelfire technical support says they cannot duplicate the problem, I am asking you to try the two downloads below ONLY using a 56K dial-up modem and let me know the results.  If it is as I suspect only one forth the picture (119 kb) will be returned by Angelfire and that would be a serious problem with Angelfire.

Angelfire Server:

https://www.angelfire.com/tn/fbaptist/tennessee_river.jpg

Tripod Server: 

http://fmarsh.tripod.com/tennessee_river.jpg

Thanks for your help

Posted by tn/fbaptist at 6:37 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (9) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 5 November 2007
ANYBODY KNO! HOW TO ADD MUSIC ON THE WEB PAGE???

want to kno how to add music to play in the background while people are browsing my site???

Posted by pleasuregraphixxx at 7:46 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 2 November 2007
BROWSE MEMBERS SITES

I took some time today to hop around in my Angrlfire account to see what is happening.  I ran across this list, "BROWSE MEMBERS SITES".  I would like my Angelfire web site (www.countrytimefarm.net) listed there as well, under the "SHOPPING" list.  I have items for the listings, CRAFTS, JEWELRY, GIFTS, & HOME AND GARDEN.

THANK YOU!

Dixie

Posted by ia/countrytimefarm at 10:30 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 1 November 2007
Another Blog Problem
Mood:  irritated

Why are only Angelfire members the only ones able to post on my newly installed blog?  Why was this program so difficult to install?  What do I need to do to open up my blog for non-members to post?  I can't even post a blog unless I am logedin.

Find my blog page link at www.countrytimefarm.net/SHOPPING-HOME.html

THANKS!

Dixie

Posted by ia/countrytimefarm at 7:17 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 31 October 2007

Hello -my questions are:

1. People in China cannot open my website?

2. Some area in China even though they can open my website, they cannot view the video at all.

3. Can i  update my website if i stay in China for awhile?

Please advise!

Posted by fl5/lisalk00 at 12:36 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 28 October 2007

Topic: CGI scripts

Hi all !! I am trying to setup a small computer forum using bbs, and it requests to provide me the path to the Perl interpreter that is used to execute cgi scripts with. It gives examples such as :

The first line in the script reads :#!/usr/bin/perl 

But needs to be changed to :#!e:/perl/bin/perl

Any Ideas ? I haven't contacted angelfire help yet, as I thought maybe I could get an answer faster here. Any help would be appreciated !! TIA

Posted by kombytes at 4:51 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (10) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older