Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Friday, 9 March 2007
03/09/2007 - Angelfire Photo Albums Captcha Implementation
Starting at about 3PM EST today (March 9th, 2007), we'll be implementing new CAPTCHA functionality on Angelfire Photo Albums.

What does that mean for you? Less spam comments in your albums, on your photos.

The CAPTCHA feature will require "real" people to enter a verification code, before submitting their comments. This should cut down on a vast majority of the automated spam bots leaving comments on your photo albums.

We're hoping this added security will help reduce the amount of unsavry, and unrelated comments that get left on your blog, by automated machines, and result in a more user-friendly experience on your photo albums.

If this release goes well, we'll be adding this functionality to other areas of Angelfire (and eventually Tripod) as well, over the next few months.

If you run into any issues with your Photo Album after the release, please Open a New Support Ticket to let us know about your issues. Please be sure to include as much detail as possible, to help us track down the bug.

Mike - Customer Service; all things Lycos.

Posted by Mike J. at 3:12 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Friday, 9 March 2007 3:16 PM EST
Sunday, 4 March 2007
WWW.MYSPACE.COM/SIRN8TIVE1
Mood:  a-ok
Now Playing: MY SHIT
Topic: News
PROMITING MY NEW N8TIVE HIP HOP RAP SITE CHECK IT OUT

WWW.MYSPACE.COM/SIRN8TIVE1

Posted by hiphop3/n8tive0 at 10:12 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 1 March 2007

Thank you to everybody at Angelfire.
LisaLK

Posted by fl5/lisalk00 at 11:49 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 28 February 2007
Publishing problem with Frontpage
Mood:  not sure
Topic: FrontPage
Please help. When I try to publish, Frontpage tells me "a web site does not exist at ....". I was just publishing a week ago. Could it be because I moved my web folder around on the computer? I disabled and enabled frontpage with no luck. Deleted the service.lck, reinstalled frontpage, saved another copy of web site and tried that one. I have three sites and they all show the same thing. What am I doing wrong? Anyone have some ideas?
thanks,
kurt

Posted by falcon2/naganofamily2 at 3:44 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 27 February 2007
Where Are the Ads?
I created a web page using Angelfire's free option. I'm under the impression that such sites/pages have advertising put onto them. But I've seen no ads on my page ever since building it. Why is that?

My page

Also, how do you get your page into the Angelfire Member's directory?

Any help would be appreciated.

AD

https://www.angelfire.com/planet/zerofret/
(in case above link doesn't work)

Posted by planet/zerofret at 7:01 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (16) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 26 February 2007
inappropriate ads
Topic: Image Questions
Hi

I have created a website using the free option of angelfire.com. But for the last few days the ads are so inappropriate

Any help in this issue

Thanks
Iman

Posted by planet/abraar at 7:17 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 25 February 2007
In need of working code
Mood:  crushed out
Topic: HTML Questions
I've just started my website today and everything is coming along nicely. Except, for some reason everytime I try to add text to the middle, it pushes my left aligned text further down. I don't like it at all? Any help with the code would be appreciated.

-P

Posted by planet/pandorademun at 5:28 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 13 February 2007

Hi cw,
it seems the randombg and randomquotes are lost in my welcome page? It doesn't work and how it happened? I didn't change anything on that page for long time and only changed the updated date.
Thanks in advance

Posted by fl5/lisalk00 at 6:53 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (20) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 7 February 2007

Hi Angelfire Administration,
Happy Chinese New Year to You All!
My question is-i made a main folder called /ChineseNY2007.html(7k) including sub Folders (index.html). But when i tried to publish, it didn't work! i have to pullout all the sub folders!!! Please look at this and help me with writing out the code.
Thank you in advance.

Posted by fl5/lisalk00 at 12:13 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Wednesday, 7 February 2007 12:19 AM EST
Friday, 26 January 2007

Does anybody have any idea what the code might be for a typing text on a web page? Or know of a generator that could generate the code? Thanks Mouse

Posted by oh4/iamchrismouse at 12:26 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 24 January 2007
HTML GEAR Guestbooks
Mood:  cool
My HTML GEAR Guestbook has been down for over 24 hours now. Am also unable to access the Gear Manager on URL: http://www.htmlgear.lycos.com/

Anyone else having similiar problems?

24+ hours seems like a loooooooong time for a big operation like Lycos....

Posted by me2/kulacoco at 12:44 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (20) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 21 January 2007
Angelfire Team
Topic: CGI scripts
OK, I know you folks on the Angelfire staff don't provide any CGI support, but maybe if one of you has a little extra time on your hands you could do a couple thousand Angelfire users a huge favor by answering this one simple question. Why don't the Angelfire CGI scripts work like they are supposed too as shown in the documentation you provide? All I want to do is create a form and have visitor comments saved to a text file and then spit out onto an HTML page. According to whats on Your documentation this could be achieved by using the form handler, and the modules, AngelfirePage.pm, and AngelfireInsert.pm. The biggest problem here is YOU CANNOT SAVE ANYTHING TO A TEXT FILE as stated by your documentation. So what do we do, and could someone please post this fix to this problem? This has been an issue for a very long time and needs addressed.

Posted by Daymon at 4:10 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (14) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 11 January 2007
E-mail link
Mood:  not sure
I recently changed my email address, and it's correct on Angelfire's My Account, but the link on my index page continues to show my old address. What do I need to do to correct this? I've gone to the webshell, turned off the email link and then restarted it, but the old address still comes up.

Posted by az3/goladyjags at 7:09 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 3 January 2007
Props for Angelfire blog
Mood:  celebratory
A couple of months back I started rolling up my sleeves to really try and dig into blogging. I have tested a few other popular blog sites out there but I have to admit Angelfire is the best I've seen so far and just wanted to put the word out there how good they really are. I was able to make my blogs match the rest of my site EXACTLY. Take a look at http://www.cheapest-service.com/loweryourbills/ where you'll also see a list of my other Angelfire blogs. After giving this a shot I was very pleased with how configurable the Angelfire blog tool is. I'm not saying its easy....but it's possible and thats the important thing. I haven't seen this done before with other Angelfire blogs but wanted to let you all know it's possible. Another perk to the Angelfire blog is that if you own your domain you can have your blog as a sub directory of that domain which is very rare from what I've learned and very valuable. They just started doing this and I'm very happy they did. Now if we can just get them to relax the rules on CGI or add PHP support :) LOL

Posted by Daymon at 1:53 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 2 January 2007
The Blog manager is back
The blog manager is back,
I need help testing this frame page

https://www.angelfire.com/wi/dalleh/

it loads fine with firefox and IE7 but it won't load in netscape 7 or netscape 8.

thanks,
dalleh

Posted by dalleh at 6:54 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 1 January 2007
Banner & Pop-up Saturation
Happy New Year 2007!

Has anyone else noticed the insupportable amount of banner ads and pop-up windows, mow being employed on
ad-supported Angelfire & Tripod websites?

It has gotten to the point where, the pages don't even download properly [on dial-up]; the member's page content, having to compete with the numerous animated banners and pop-ups.

Do the people at Lycos honestly believe that they will entice folks into signing up for paid websites, by subjecting visitors to this onslaught?

Why does this remind me of a farmer beating a dead horse?

Posted by co/begumnoor at 8:10 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (6) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 29 December 2006
Blog Manager Problem
Mood:  caffeinated
Dear Angelfire Administration and users,

For a couple of days now I have been trying to make changes to my blog through Angelfire's Blog Manager tool. Each time I log in to my account and try to access the Blog Manager tool through the Blog Builder, the only icon which appears is: Create a New Blog. I no longer have access to any of the other tools such as: Manage Comments, Edit Links, Create a New Entry, etc.

My blog is still online and functioning at: www.angelfire.com/wa/astcweb/blog

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I hope that the angelfire team can fix this soon.

Wishing everyone happy holidays,
Asterios

wa/astcweb

Posted by Asterios at 6:05 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 22 December 2006
Season's Greetings !
Mood:  celebratory

Firstly, I would like to wish all Administrators and visitors to the Angelfire Club Blog a peaceful and Happy Holiday Season.

Then, I would like to congratulate the Lycos Team, for installing the image verification system on their HTML Gear Guestbooks.

I posted a message about this very subject, on the A/F Blog, on October 31, 2006, as follows:

"Lately I have noticed a 'sharp increase' in the number of ROBO-SPAM postings on my HTML Gear Guestbook, and was wondering if Lycos is cosnsidering installing 'image verification' for posts, in order to reduce this annoying spam."

Of course, I am not naive enough to believe that my posting was responsible for Tripod's actions; which have probably been in the planning stage for a long time; but I like to think that maybe it helped a little. :)

Posted by me2/kulacoco at 3:14 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 19 December 2006
test
testing

Posted by dalleh at 12:56 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (6) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 13 December 2006
no blog control for me
testing with a new post here to see if I get it back. all I have is create a new blog icon no other controls there at all. I wonder if angelfire is messing with the format, like they did at tripod......I hope not!

I only have test blogs here, though. but at least they load with IE....unlike my IE problems at Tripod...

mamaG

Posted by mamaG at 3:26 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older