Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Friday, 29 December 2006
Blog Manager Problem
Mood:  caffeinated
Dear Angelfire Administration and users,

For a couple of days now I have been trying to make changes to my blog through Angelfire's Blog Manager tool. Each time I log in to my account and try to access the Blog Manager tool through the Blog Builder, the only icon which appears is: Create a New Blog. I no longer have access to any of the other tools such as: Manage Comments, Edit Links, Create a New Entry, etc.

My blog is still online and functioning at: www.angelfire.com/wa/astcweb/blog

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I hope that the angelfire team can fix this soon.

Wishing everyone happy holidays,
Asterios

wa/astcweb

Posted by Asterios at 6:05 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 22 December 2006
Season's Greetings !
Mood:  celebratory
Topic: News

Firstly, I would like to wish all Administrators and visitors to the Angelfire Club Blog a peaceful and Happy Holiday Season.

Then, I would like to congratulate the Lycos Team, for installing the image verification system on their HTML Gear Guestbooks.

I posted a message about this very subject, on the A/F Blog, on October 31, 2006, as follows:

"Lately I have noticed a 'sharp increase' in the number of ROBO-SPAM postings on my HTML Gear Guestbook, and was wondering if Lycos is cosnsidering installing 'image verification' for posts, in order to reduce this annoying spam."

Of course, I am not naive enough to believe that my posting was responsible for Tripod's actions; which have probably been in the planning stage for a long time; but I like to think that maybe it helped a little. :)

Posted by me2/kulacoco at 3:14 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 19 December 2006
test
testing

Posted by dalleh at 12:56 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (6) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 13 December 2006
no blog control for me
testing with a new post here to see if I get it back. all I have is create a new blog icon no other controls there at all. I wonder if angelfire is messing with the format, like they did at tripod......I hope not!

I only have test blogs here, though. but at least they load with IE....unlike my IE problems at Tripod...

mamaG

Posted by mamaG at 3:26 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 11 December 2006
deleting a comment
help, for some reason i am able to delete a whole entry but not comments, look on 12/4 it has 7 comments i am trying the 7th one.

dalleh

Posted by dalleh at 9:31 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Monday, 11 December 2006 9:33 PM EST
Advanced hosting
Mood:  a-ok
Topic: HTML Questions
I wonder if Angelfire has plans of more advanced features in the near future.

Posted by Daymon at 1:31 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 2 December 2006
Help!!!!!!!!!!!
Mood:  not sure
Topic: Image Questions
I've been an Angelfire subscriber for a long time and have had no problems adding information and images to my website. However, I can no longer make any changes to my site. All the keys to makes changes are covered over with red. What do I need to do the get rid of this red highlight?

Posted by va/clickster at 1:06 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 1 December 2006
On the fence
Mood:  chatty
Now Playing: I Got You Babe
I wonder if Angelfire will ever start a new service for the more advanced webmaster. I started out with Angelfire years and years ago, and on WebTV, if anyone knows what that is....LOL. I like Angelfire mainly for it's ease of use. Angelfire is great for the novice, but what if you build a site that starts to become somewhat successful? Which is what happened to me.

I did a domain appraisal a few days ago and mine is worth 2 to 3 grand. The problem is that I don't even own the darn thing because it is free with my Angelfire premium account, and this is how they get you. So if I'm going to continue reaping the rewards from my website I have to come up with a big hunk of cash and not to mention the downtime to switch servers, it just isn't worth it.

Not that I want to leave Angelfire anyway. I just want more advanced features and less restrictions on what I can do with my hosting, especially when it comes to CGI. I have things I want to do.....I want to grow, and I am way past the novice stage.

To the Angelfire team.....I think it's time for a new product line.... ANGELFIRE ADVANCED, and I'll be your first customer :)

Posted by Daymon at 1:35 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 30 November 2006

Hello Happy Holidays Angelfire Team,
I made a video is called copy_of_video.html(4k), but it didn't work as i learned. Please check for me. Thanks in advance.

Posted by fl5/lisalk00 at 5:05 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
updating email address
When I joined angelfire I used my yahoo email address. However for my site I wanted a new angelfire email address (my_email@lycos.com). So I got one and updated my ACCOUNT MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION. However when I went back to designing my site in the BASIC EDITOR STANDARD of the WEBSHELL and tried to include my email address, the old email address appeared on my web site.

Does anybody know if & how I can update my email address in my WEBSHELL? (Thanks in advance).

mans_future
https://www.angelfire.com/planet/mans_future

Posted by planet/mans_future at 2:16 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
free webpages from googlepages.com
Mood:  bright
Now Playing: the sounds of silence
Googlepages versus angelfire

Angelfire encourages their members to graduate into the pleasures of website creation. What more can I say?

Posted by co/begumnoor at 2:04 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 29 November 2006
Blog Manager Page is Empty
Hi Bloggers. I have a blog that has been active for two years. Two days ago it stopped showing up in my Blog Manager. (The blog manager screen only shows "Create New Blog".) The blog still exists and I can add entries to it by clicking on "Quick Post" on my main page, but since I can't use the blog manager I can't edit, etc. I've written to angelfire about this and they sent me one of those quick fix "how to create a blog" instructions. Has anyone had this problem w/ the blog manager? My account is active and I have plenty of disk space, etc. thanks, Lisa ljarnot@gmail.com

Posted by lisa jarnot at 8:39 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 27 November 2006
Dynamic RSS headlins from your blogs
Mood:  energetic
Topic: CGI scripts
Anyone know of a cgi script that will post headlines from your blog onto your homepage? Just the first paragraph of a new blog post is really what I'm looking for. You can see an example of what I'm talking about if you ever use My MSN or My Yahoo to subscribe to RSS feeds. When you subscribe to a feed, it will show you the newest headlines from those feeds with a link to read the full story or post. I would like to have headlines of all my own Angelfire blog feeds show up on my homepage and update dynamicly the same way they do on My MSN or MY Yahoo. Thanks in advance

Posted by Daymon at 12:47 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (6) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 24 November 2006
Novice needs help
I just bought my first domain name. They made it sound easy, but on the page builder I am clueless. How do I get started?

Posted by planet/ozziossi at 2:33 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 21 November 2006
IMAGE UPLOADED, NO DISPLAY!
Mood:  rushed
Hey people,

Sorry if am butting in, but I need urgent help.

I am trying to put up images of E-cards I have made for my sister's wedding. I am new to building and used HotDog professional to get the code. Now, when I'd view the HTML page I made with it on my comp, it would display the images. But I tried e-mailing it to myself to test it, and the images weren't opening up.....it kept showing the annoying cross on the top left.

THEN I thot of Angelfire and came here, but I dunno what is it that I am doing wrong. I uploaded that HTML file and made a folder : Images, and uploaded the JPEGS in images. Still not working. It doesn't even show it in the preview here. I tried the images in the root as well, that ain't working either.

I even tried changing the path of the images from the path on my comp to the path of our directories on angelfire with AND without "www.angelfire.com" bit before the path. No go. :-(

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME ASAP.....?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Posted by planet/fq-ecard at 4:47 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post

Mood:  d'oh
Sorry, just agnore my first entry.Made a mistake with my address.Had to correct it but I haven't been able to figare out how to delete my first one.
My web page is https://www.angelfire.com/poetry/fantail22_10
Regards,
Chris Green.

Posted by poetry/fantail22_10 at 3:57 PM EST | Post Comment | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 20 November 2006

Hi everyone in Angelfire blog-land.If your keen on movie reviews,then check out my latest blog,Slick Flicks.Catch it by typing in http//www.angelfire.com/poetry/fantail22_10 Regards; Chris Green.

Posted by poetry/fantail22_10 at 4:53 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Images
Mood:  irritated
Topic: Image Questions
I am trying to make a website once again, and I didn't do very good with the first one, cuz I didn't know how to make the site properly. My question is that I can't find the "/images" directory/file what ever it is in my shell. The help thing says that it is provided, but I dont have it, and I didn't delete it at all. I need to kow where to find this or how to get it. I would like to put my pictures on this website.

Posted by crazy/mindfeild at 1:47 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 12 November 2006
Dawn
Mood:  down
I have contacted Lycos help about my account, waiting for a reply (I can't get in). My question is, although pieces of my website are already posted on the internet, once I am able to access my account again, will I be able to update my website? I am using the webshell help builder, is there a way to keep the site from being indexed until I complete it?

Posted by planet/dm0 at 11:10 AM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (17) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 11 November 2006
Links
Maybe I am answering my own question. I tried to make the index page very descriptive since that is the page that will be indexed by the search engines. However, I added my links to page 2. Do you have to place your links on the first page (the index page)? If not, how do may family and friends view subsequent pages? dawnmarie_3

Posted by planet/dawnmarie_3 at 2:57 PM EST | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older