Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Wednesday, 28 September 2005
Problems with server???
My two web addresses/domains have stopped working all of a sudden (they were both fine up to about 2 days ago). What's up? I am up to date on payments, recently upgraded to Argon, and my primary site seems fine (www.angelfire.com/poetry/bridgewaterslam

but my 2 domains www.nantucketpoetryslam.org and nantucketharborplan.com are down!

error message is

Failure To Connect To Web Server

I need this fixed within 24 hours or I'll have to switch servers/hosts

thank you,
Sarah Oktay

Posted by Sarah at 1:39 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (7) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 27 September 2005

Aloha Mamagoo and Dalleh,

First i need you advice about my website.
Second do you have any advice aout how i can improve the background?
Third where i can make an animatic Logo or with moving text (like a slideshow)on my website?

Mahalo for your help and time!!!
Lisa

Posted by fl5/lisalk00 at 1:33 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (13) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 26 September 2005
Can someone please help me?
Mood:  accident prone
Topic: FrontPage
I need some help getting my pages going can some one be nice enough to help me? I got my website set but i am sooo confused on what to do like when i upload images how do i put them on my pages for other people to use? i have aim and yahoo if someone would be so kind as to walk me through it my yahoo name and aim name is AlistaHugs02 same for both so if someone can help please im me or post thank you so much :)

Posted by pro2/jfarside at 6:24 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Why don't my images appear?
Mood:  happy
Topic: Image Questions
Hey there
I've just created a new webpage and everything is going great except when it comes to images.
First of all, there was no directory called /images, so I created one and uploaded some pictures and they're all there, all good.
I've typed in images/mypicture1 into the space to make the picture my main image but when I preview it, an X marks the spot.
I've managed to bring an image up using the images provided eg http:// etc but my own photos don't seem to work
Do the images have to be a certain size?
Can they be jpegs? Do they have to be gifs only?

I've read the other posts but nothing has helped.:o(

Can you please help me???

Thanks

K

Posted by journal2/kerriannepirls at 1:01 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (6) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 22 September 2005
Living lonely
Mood:  lazy
Topic: Jokes & Fun
I was so bored the other day that I actually started to talk to my self the I thought hmm if I could entertain my self I would but what could I do.I could run up and down the hall screaming fire fire and run back to my room.I feel that would fairly entertain me.It would make the rest of my dorm mates mad as heck .I do it for a dollar so why not to entertain myself.

Posted by falcon2/fierceblue at 10:52 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (14) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 20 September 2005
moving pictures
I am using a templete from angelfire for my site. But the big picture is always at the bottom of my page is there a way to get the larger picture on the top?

Posted by Kim at 7:29 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (10) | Permalink | Share This Post
Angelfire Maintenance Complete
Topic: News
Last night's Angelfire maintenance was completed successfully and all Angelfire features were switched over to the new facility by 5:00 AM with most features done by 3:00. Given DNS propagation time, everyone should now be seeing the new site. (You must be, if you're reading this.)

From past experience, I know that some ISPs do not properly notice DNS changes in a timely fashion and so may have switched over sometime later during the day, but they should all be set now. (I'm sure that someone, someplace will have one that has a broken cache, but that should be an extreme exception. If things aren't working right for you, please try restarting your computer. If that doesn't help, please post here and we can help you investigate.)

Although blogs and albums were a bit slower than normal today, we have finished database tuning and you should notice a pretty substancial performance improvement. I notice just looking at the club that viewing comments is quite a bit faster for me than it used to be. (Some of that, of course, will be because I'm physically closer to the machines. But the underlying hardware is also significantly faster.)

If you see any problems, please post here and I'll make sure they get raised to the team.

Posted by blog/jrp34 at 6:08 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Change Order of Links on a Blog?
Hi! I have several groups of links on my blog and I am comfortable working with the advanced controls, but I can find no way to change the order of the groups of links. Is there code anywhere that I could work with or any way this can be done? Thanks! Terry, BloggingCat.com

Posted by folk/morgan at 6:00 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
images
I have uploaded a picture onto my website, but it will only show up when I am logged into angelfire. If I close my browser and try to view the page by just typing in the url, the picture shows up as a box that says "sponsored by angelfire". The picture I want is in the webshell and it works fine on the page as long as I am logged in. Help!

Ade

Posted by blog2/adrianekaye at 12:55 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
hi every1
Mood:  flirty
Topic: Jokes & Fun
hi i'm Sakia, i'm 15 from the uk.

i'm into moterbikes love harley's!! Moto gp!! and i'm a rock music fan!! my fav bands are guns and roses,aerosmith,ac/dc,alice cooper,iron maiden,bon jovi!! any 1 want to talk?

email me on Lowerysuz@armthorpe.doncaster.sch.uk

Posted by clone2/sakia at 8:14 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (9) | Permalink | Share This Post
HIYA EVERYONE!!
Mood:  flirty
hi, i'm Sakia, i''m 15 from britain, i'm into harley davidsons, moto gp!! i'm a rock music fan! i love guns and roses, ac/dc, aerosmith, alice cooper, green day, foo fighters, and bon jovi! any one want to talk? email me on

Lowerysuz@armthorpe.doncaster.sch.uk

Posted by clone2/sakia at 8:08 AM EDT | Post Comment | Permalink | Share This Post
hi i'm new!!
Mood:  happy
hi i'm Sakia,

i'm new to angelfire! how do i talk to other people! coz i'm a british 15 year old that wants to make new mates!

Posted by clone2/sakia at 8:03 AM EDT | Post Comment | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 19 September 2005
Some see, Some don't?
Mood:  not sure
Topic: FrontPage
We have five websites up and running under the same user a/c all built on frontpage. We can see all of them working fine from our pc but others can only view one or two. Most people can see knuckleduster.org our main site (but not all) Few can see our others barelyconnolly.com mrbensmrmen.com or rayjamesmanyfaces.com
Some days they can see them, some days they can't.
Whats wrong? Is it the server at fault or some sort of error we have made that allows some pc's to view the sites but others not to?
Does Angelfire have a technical help email addy?
Thanks
Jerry.

Posted by rebellion/knuckleduster at 7:01 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Angelfire Site Maintenance
Topic: News
Ahoy, mayteys! Tonight, the Angelfire Team will be conducting some major maintenance to move the site from its current home in Santa Clara, CA to its new home in Boston, MA. From approximately 11:00 PM tonight to 3:00 AM Eastern, during the cutover, Angelfire users will be unable to edit their pages. At not time will visitors be unable to see your sites, but you will be unable to update them. Although we are not planning on it, there may be other problems related to the move or afterwards which will need to be fixed.

While the new site will look exactly like the old site, you should notice a performance increase with the site overall thanks to newer and better hardware across the board. This move also puts us in a better position to do more of the updates that we have been planning on doing but haven't been able to. (Finally doing something with the states, for example.)

If you see any problems tomorrow, please don't hesitate to comment here.

Posted by blog/jrp34 at 12:34 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 18 September 2005
S.O.S!!!! (two things in here)
Mood:  irritated
Hi, OK, I have made a website and posted it on angelfire befor, and I don't like it any more, and I am changing the name of my website. This time I decided to make it on angelfire, since last time I made it on front-page, and it was hard to get it to go on angelfire. So I made a new username, and I clicked on the how-to and got help with the website, and it said that it is supposed to have to things under the file thing, one that says images, and one that says Index.htm, well, I have the Index.htm one, but I don't have the images, instead I have a bunch of little ones that just have letters. I NEED HELP!!!!! And one other thing, is there a way, that when a person comes into my website, that I can have it play my theam song??? maby a owner type person could help??? PLEASE!!! ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!! fang/Lacey_Hart_Racing

Posted by fang/lacey_hart_racing at 6:25 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 17 September 2005
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mood:  hungry
Topic: Image Questions
i want to build a site like www.r-kelly.com.can somebody please mail me to tommymurphy05@yahoo.co.uk telling how i can build it or he or she can even send me the file.

Posted by oh5/tommymurphy at 11:09 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post

Mood:  caffeinated
Topic: HTML Questions
Been trying all to make music files that can play off of my own network but can't.

Posted by music7/musicfiles24 at 7:00 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post

Mood:  caffeinated
Topic: HTML Questions
Been trying all day to make songs that I can play outside of my own network, but I can't.

Posted by music7/musicfiles24 at 6:57 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
your very own toolbar
go to this site and creat your very own toolbar for free and very easy set up..its cool http://effectivebrand.com/intro.aspx

Posted by hero/jeb2004 at 2:30 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wanting to purchase more disk space
Mood:  don't ask
I have been trying for the last hour to purchase more disk space but it just links me to a error 404 page and it is driving me crazy. I tried a different route and it puts me on a page that allows me to purchase more disk space but I have to buy membership which I already have. Does anyone who works for angelfire be able to assist me here?

Thanks

Posted by pa5/darlyn at 2:22 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older