Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Monday, 5 September 2005
banners
How do I put a hyperlink into a picture? Or how do I put a banner on my page. This is only my second day people give me a break please. Any thoughts?

Posted by biz7/freeforreal at 8:20 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wave file will not play
Mood:  quizzical
Topic: FrontPage
I have a wave file that should play when my web page loads but will not play. Any thoughts?

Posted by journal2/pastorlyons at 7:35 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
How do you get a different font on html?
Mood:  not sure
Topic: HTML Questions
I would like to make some text on my site into a different font. How would I put that on in html?

Posted by dragon3/my_serenity at 2:52 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 3 September 2005
hay
Mood:  sharp
Now Playing: www.angelfire.com/ab8/waleed23
some 1 help me i want some html codes

Posted by ab8/waleed23 at 8:47 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 31 August 2005

Mood:  quizzical
I have a website that was built and edited numerous times on angelfire. My site is hosted by web.com but this web hoting company is very difficult to use. What I would like to do is somehow have my site transferred to angelfire for them to host. Can someone tell me if this is possible? I need to keep my current hosting name because of current customer base. Appreciate any info on this.

Posted by co4/waterfree0 at 12:28 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
uploading wav file
Mood:  irritated
I have tried for a couple hours to upload a wav file to my webshell. It will load bout half way then says page cannot be displayed ??? What is going on ?? I never had this problem before...

Posted by nc3/oneladywolf at 12:47 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 30 August 2005
new home page is done
Mood:  happy
can everyone check out my new site now that its been up updated and less crowded..and alot more new things..its not the perfect website but hey to me i did the work so it is :D

https://www.angelfire.com/hero/jeb2004/main.html

Posted by hero/jeb2004 at 5:28 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 29 August 2005
backgrounds
im not sure if your really gonna get what im asking hear but with out dreamweaver or any of them other products that do things for you..im not sure just how to ask this but anyways, how do you add a background in/on another background..like ok when you right click on somet and it says save background as... well how do you do that..cause wanting to make my site look better that im working on for a new home page but how do you do that by code???

Posted by hero/jeb2004 at 4:50 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Need the FTP adress
Hi, I am a beginner of doing home pages. I work in Dreamweaver and now I have lost the FTP-adress for Angelfire. Can anybody help me, please.

Posted by ut2/sussili at 6:01 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 26 August 2005
Need Help
Umm...Hi, I was trying to upload an mp3 file but everytime i try it wouldn't upload. Could someone help me please. Thank you.

Posted by musicals/herbal_meditator at 8:52 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 25 August 2005
need help
i need help in creating a new home page so that its not so crowded..but iv really never made a site on my own really..iv really only looked at other sites and see how they have done it and when from there.. but the thing is, is that i also want everything that i have on my page right now on my new page.. having troubling thoughts about it.. and plus i still dont get how to do the framesets for a page.. i mean i get how the code is used and all but i mean ware do i put the links of the pages that i want and how to set them..and also for them to show up the right way on my page...anyone???

Posted by hero/jeb2004 at 10:02 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
need some help
Now Playing: https://www.angelfire.com/hero/jeb2004/main.html
well dalleh said my page is to crowed and even i know that sometimes, and my links do work.. but im having troubling thoughts now.. im trying think of how to create a brand new home page and keep EVERYTHING i already have on there..and trying to even make a framesets so its even better.. ok with the framesets i see how the code works..but for ware im suppose to put the link of my pages in them and to make it all work is ware im lost at.. and one other thing with not having my own server and things.. how do you make a diff backgrounds that would look good on the page.. i mean i go to other sites and tthey have all kinds of diff backgrounds for posting things and what not..but all i seem i know how to do is the background for the site.. and if i want things a diff color or something i had to put in a page inside of my page with a diff back ground..im lost with that to.. well anyways can anyone help me out???

Posted by hero/jeb2004 at 9:57 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (7) | Permalink | Share This Post
Blogs / Albums Updates
Topic: News
I'm becoming lax again, but I wanted to drop a quick post here to indicate that we have just completed another round of Blogs and Albums updates, with additional skins for each and a number of other bug fixes. In specific, I know that many users have reported foreign character problems which should be fixed now. Also, there were problems with ampersands in posts and, in some difficult cases, many escaped ampersands being inserted into posts over and over again. There are also many smaller bugs fixed.

This is just a maintenance cycle, so there are no new features to speak of yet. With any luck, I'll have a more interesting announcement tomorrow.

If you see any problems with these updates, or anything else, please respond here and I'll make sure the issues are given attention.

JP

Posted by blog/jrp34 at 6:39 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Blogs / Albums Updates
Topic: News
I'm becoming lax again, but I wanted to drop a quick post here to indicate that we have just completed another round of Blogs and Albums updates, with additional skins for each and a number of other bug fixes. In specific, I know that many users have reported foreign character problems which should be fixed now. Also, there were problems with ampersands in posts and, in some difficult cases, many escaped ampersands being inserted into posts over and over again. There are also many smaller bugs fixed.

This is just a maintenance cycle, so there are no new features to speak of yet. With any luck, I'll have a more interesting announcement tomorrow.

If you see any problems with these updates, or anything else, please respond here and I'll make sure the issues are given attention.

JP

Posted by blog/jrp34 at 6:33 PM EDT | Post Comment | Permalink | Share This Post
Alrighhty
Mood:  bright
Now Playing: City of Heroes
Alrightty I did all the changes that everyone said and I believe. Everything is fixed. Can someone click on my site and tell me if you can see it? www.angelfire.com/hero2/akbornideas
Thanks alot for all the help hopefully every thing is good if not let me know and I'll work on it some more.

Posted by hero2/akbornideas at 9:43 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 24 August 2005
framesets
ok how do you put your pages into framesets..i get and see how to use the code but once it gets to figuring how to make it all work its like...H E L P

Posted by hero/jeb2004 at 7:14 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (6) | Permalink | Share This Post
framesets
ok i see sites that have frame sets and angelfire sites with frame sets..and iv looked at all of the codes to try to do it on my own..but i just dont get how it really works..i see how you do that code and all..but its the part of trying to get the pages in the main site and things..i get on using the code and all and seeing how it is..but when i replace there pages with mine and trying diff things it just doesnt work..im LOST..HELP

Posted by hero/jeb2004 at 7:12 PM EDT | Post Comment | Permalink | Share This Post
Uploaded song now how do..
Okay i uploaded a song from my computer and it worked. But now i want the url how do i do that

Posted by rock4/hrae at 12:34 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Is there anyone else that has that problem
Mood:  a-ok
OK it helped alot to be writing the correct Url. So Is there anyone else thats have the problem with see the Pictures because when I type it in and go to the site. It appears correct on my computer. If the problem is, What Should I do to fix that so other people can see my site?
Thanks alot for the help allen

Posted by hero2/akbornideas at 7:50 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Almost finished
Mood:  don't ask
Now Playing: City of heroes
OK Hi I'm new too but I'm figuring everything about html writing just fine. My index and 2nd page are pretty much finished and I plan on working on them as time goes on.
Ok, now whenever I type in URL it doesn't take me to my site. Does anyone know why this could be? It takes me to an angelfire.com caution site. www.angelfire.com/hero2/akbornideas.com is supposed to be the website. I did get the email already and logged in using it and can log in and out with no problem but when i want to show the site to someone else they can't see it and unless I'm logged in i can't see it either. DO I have to pay for an account in order for other people to see it? thanks allen

Posted by hero2/akbornideas at 3:56 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older