Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Thursday, 30 June 2005
HELP!!!
Mood:  irritated
Now Playing: HUH?
Topic: Image Questions
Hey, this might sound dumb to most of you, but I know nothing about computers, and i just got my page the way I want it, but how will people know where to find it? I made a page, but how do I get it to the directories page, or does it do that automatically when I save it? confused

Posted by art3/ambigramartists at 7:46 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Text files
Hi this might be a stupid question: I'm trying to get a text file to open on my site. When you click a link i need a text file to open. SI far all I can find are ways to open images.

Help !!

Posted by trek/roma at 7:10 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 29 June 2005

Topic: HTML Questions
Does anybody know how I would go about putting one of the songs I uploaded onto my web shell onto another site that I have. Ive tried before and it only plays on that site from my computer. If anybody knows how to do this PLEASE, PLEASE tell me, im deffinatly computer illiterate.

Posted by indie/iheartleah at 11:45 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 28 June 2005
website name ideas
Mood:  caffeinated
ok im making a website on kelly clarkson and i need some ideas on what to name my site. i was thinking KBC.com cuz those are her initials but idunno...does any1 have any suggestions?

Posted by mn3/darkangel16 at 7:03 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 27 June 2005
plz help me!! [frames]
Mood:  chillin'
i was wondering if some1 could give me the html code to make a frame with 2 columns and i can just change the width and height cuz im having major problems lol.

Posted by mn3/darkangel16 at 7:31 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
untitled
hi i need help. i have an iframe on on the left side of my site and i want to put text next to it, but the text is going under it. how do i fix it so the text is next to it??

Posted by mn3/darkangel16 at 6:46 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 25 June 2005
Photo album
I cant add photos to my album. When I click on the photo album button it takes me to the page to make a new one.

Posted by theforce/24220 at 5:58 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Photo album
I cant add photos to my album. When I click on the photo album button it takes me to the page to make a new one.

Posted by theforce/24220 at 5:58 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Photo Album
I created a photo album and added some photos yesterday but now I cant seem to find a way to add more. When I am in the webshell and I click on "Photo Album" it takes me to the page to create a new one. I dont want to do that. Is there any other possible way to get to the photo album editor thing?

Posted by theforce/24220 at 12:20 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (3) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 24 June 2005
HELP
Now Playing: Invites
I have a Community Blog set up for my English class and have issued invites to several of my students so that they can post to the blog. However, nobody can find their invites in order to accept them, so nobody can actually post to the blog yet. Where do you find an invite to a blog and respond to it in Angelfire?

Posted by poetry/jenkraemer at 9:11 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Angelfire Update
Topic: News
I'm running quite a bit behind (busy, busy) but I wanted to drop a quick post to say that the Angelfire Team this week released a major update to the Blogs software, to bring it back up to the same revision that is running on Tripod.

Some features:

1. Many new templates including baby templates, health & fitness, and military-related themes.
2. Panel colors can now be set separately from others in the configuration, without using the advanced editing feature. Many of the templates have been updated to reflect this new configurability.
3. RSS is now enabled by default on new blogs. More browsers will now also be able to detect your feeds automatically.
4. Mobile posting has been made more resilient. You now get emailed responses if you fail authentication and you can now set a blog or gallery as your "default" so that you can use an easier email address to send to it.
6. Many other random bugs were fixed.
7. Other things that I can't remember because I don't have any of the documentation in front of me.

This week, we have also updated CGI support for paying members to Perl 5.8.5-- some of the time. If we don't see any problems, we'll be gradually upgrading the remainder of the servers. (This also includes some other backend updates.)

Next week, the Photo Album builder should also "catch up" to Tripod with photo printing support, better mobile posting, and more templates. (So you don't feel slighted as an Angelfire member, I should mention that we have an *extremely* exciting new feature that will be Angelfire-only coming out this summer/fall. I can't say anything about it, but it is unlike anything we currently offer.)

If you find any problems with blogs or CGI this week (or anything else), please respond in this thread and I'll make sure things get communicated.

Posted by blog/jrp34 at 7:55 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 23 June 2005
Search
I feel like this is a a stupidquestion because I had a search from angelfire on my site before but I cant find it again. Where is it? If theres no angelfire one anymore then how can I add a search to my site?

Posted by theforce/24220 at 4:12 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 22 June 2005
activity logs
What time zone do you use for the activity logs?

Posted by az3/goladyjags at 6:02 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (6) | Permalink | Share This Post
Sunday, 19 June 2005
trouble with images on my site
Topic: Image Questions
I have added pics to my site. I built dir and named it /images and put my pics in it. When I go to the web shell and click on the front page https://www.angelfire.com/ok5/sqdog/index.html
All of the pics on all 6 pages work fine. But when I close the web shell page go to and go to the main url https://www.angelfire.com/ok5/sqdog the pic on the front page is there buton all of the other5 pages there are only X’s in a box where the pic should be. But if I have the web shell page open in any way the main url still works with all the pics being there. I have tried refreshing my browser and below is how I have the pics on page two. Can anyone help. Thanks greytail

Posted by ok5/sqdog at 11:55 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 18 June 2005
how do i put animations on my site
Mood:  down
how do i put animations on my site????

Posted by fang/monkey_1 at 5:07 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
possible domain name change
I was wondering is there a way to change my domain name without having to cancel the whole subscription?

Posted by Holli at 2:28 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thursday, 16 June 2005
help with setting up website
Mood:  a-ok
Topic: FrontPage
hello...i am new to angelfire, as well as new to the whole website building bit. im struggling right now to get my pages to link to my front page. you know, you go to the front page, you have several links to other pages? is there any way that someone would be interested in helping me out? thanks so much!

Posted by hi5/eunhye at 11:52 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
HELP!!!
Mood:  irritated
Now Playing: tv
hi i need help!! i started a new website and im experimenting w/stuff. if u go on my site u can see that i made a scroll box. https://www.angelfire.com/mn3/darkangel16/kellypics.html im trying to make the text in the box a different color and bold and im doing all the html right but its not working 4 sum reason. its showing the html plus the text and idunno how to fix it. can some1 help me plz!!?

Posted by mn3/darkangel16 at 7:04 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Updated: Thursday, 16 June 2005 7:36 PM EDT
Wednesday, 15 June 2005

The Angelfire Team has released a major backend update to the site, though with some changes that you may be interested in:

1. Angelfire now allows Google Image Search to better index and correctly display images hosted on Angelfire free member sites.

2. We've upgraded our Microsoft FrontPage support to the most recent Service Pack. This may help with issues that some members are reporting, even though we have been unable to reproduce them here. This may enable more features in some versions of the FrontPage client... or probably not. (The client and server are both a bit of a "black box". We can test to ensure that it works, but have little visibility to know what features are different.)

3. Backend changes have been made to the way the homepage and My Account pages are displayed, plus in the way WebStats reports are generated, though there should not be any visible changes.

If you see any problems on the site today, especially with the components above, please let us know by responding in this thread.

Posted by blog/jrp34 at 2:54 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
ACK!!!!
Mood:  blue
Topic: HTML Questions
ACK!!! I JUST STARTED AND I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT TO DO! i want to put doujinshi on here and a few pics but i have no idea what the heck i'm doing here!!! i don't understand how to work the webshell thingy... >.< somebody anybody HELP!!!!! *SOB* (and i messed up my user name to can i fix that?)

Posted by moon2/dementedwolf at 2:31 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older