Open Community
Post to this Blog

Helpful Links
Angelfire Home
Register Your Domain
Angelfire's Twitter
Angelfire's Facebook

Angelfire Club Blog
Need assistance and ideas from fellow Angelfire members to help build and manage your website? You've come to the right place!
To join this Community Blog, you must be an Angelfire member. Just click the "Join this Community" link, and start posting immediately.

Hint: When posting, select a topic that most relates to your question. (News, FrontPage, HTML Questions, etc...) This will help to keep the blog organized for everyone.

Newer | Latest | Older

Wednesday, 15 June 2005

The Angelfire Team has released a major backend update to the site, though with some changes that you may be interested in:

1. Angelfire now allows Google Image Search to better index and correctly display images hosted on Angelfire free member sites.

2. We've upgraded our Microsoft FrontPage support to the most recent Service Pack. This may help with issues that some members are reporting, even though we have been unable to reproduce them here. This may enable more features in some versions of the FrontPage client... or probably not. (The client and server are both a bit of a "black box". We can test to ensure that it works, but have little visibility to know what features are different.)

3. Backend changes have been made to the way the homepage and My Account pages are displayed, plus in the way WebStats reports are generated, though there should not be any visible changes.

If you see any problems on the site today, especially with the components above, please let us know by responding in this thread.

Posted by blog/jrp34 at 2:54 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (5) | Permalink | Share This Post
ACK!!!!
Mood:  blue
Topic: HTML Questions
ACK!!! I JUST STARTED AND I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT TO DO! i want to put doujinshi on here and a few pics but i have no idea what the heck i'm doing here!!! i don't understand how to work the webshell thingy... >.< somebody anybody HELP!!!!! *SOB* (and i messed up my user name to can i fix that?)

Posted by moon2/dementedwolf at 2:31 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 14 June 2005
PHP
How do you configure Anglefire files to use PHP?

Al-J

Posted by journal2/eajones at 9:52 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
How do I add music?
How do I add music to my site? I got a few codes, but how and where do I place them? Thanks!

Posted by celeb2/jmacfan4life147 at 6:10 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
How do I add music?
How do I add music to my site? I got a few codes but where do you put them so they will appear on the site?

Posted by celeb2/jmacfan4life147 at 6:09 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Remember me, sign in
Mood:  a-ok
Now Playing: news
Is there a way to add this? I remember we used to have this. It gets annoying that I have to log in everytime when I come back even when it says Im already logged in. Thanks

Posted by Holli at 5:53 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 13 June 2005
help
Mood:  irritated
can some one tell me how i can stream music from angelfire to xanga

Posted by musicals/lse_knights at 3:41 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post

Mood:  not sure
Aloha Guys,
1. How--(BLOG)My pages & files accessible to visitors, how to create an index.html page that links to them?
2. Is there anyone can tell me how to create a "slide show" from Script Library to my website?
Mahalo and Aloha. Lisa

Posted by fl5/lisalk00 at 11:50 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Saturday, 11 June 2005
Blogging.
Mood:  mischievious
Now Playing: Puppy Love.
Hi Guys, I just want to say how much I enjoy myself on here your like a breath of fresh air to everyone its just great to be part of this fab fab place also I am having so much fun blogging too. Love Georgie.

Posted by bc3/georgie at 5:37 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Friday, 10 June 2005

Im a newbie had a question. I have a profile for myspace. A buddy of mine has some mp3's on his profile page. i asked him how he did that, and he said he uploaded them from angelfire. Wanted to know if anyone can help me out on this one

thanks

anthony

Posted by alt2/916 at 12:48 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Thank You.
Mood:  happy
Hi Guys I wouled just like to say a big big thanks to every one who has helped me out here your angels. Thanks again all the best and take care. Georgie.

Posted by bc3/georgie at 6:55 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Wednesday, 8 June 2005
Help?
I was wondering if there was a way to make the ads on my/the web page as a pop-up.

There used to be that option a while ago when I was first using the sites, but now I can't find it so I'm wondering if it was taken away or hidden somewhere.

It would be pretty great to know and all.
Thanks.

Posted by indie/invasivespecies at 11:10 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post

Mood:  d'oh
Hi there ~ I'm a newbie!!! Just wondered if anyone here knows how to edit domain settings?? I try by going to angelfire assignment & it wants to know my angelfire directory ~ What is this??? I have tried all I know ~ nothing works!! Help anyone???
Nutmeg

Posted by blues2/nutmeg970 at 5:23 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (6) | Permalink | Share This Post
People Search - Nathan Manners of Florida
Topic: Jokes & Fun
I'm looking for someone I've known since Elementary school. We lost touch before leaving middle school. Does anyone have a clue? Thanks

Posted by Holli at 1:43 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (20) | Permalink | Share This Post
Tuesday, 7 June 2005
I CANNOT GET THIS PAGE STARTED
Hello fellow Angelfire members! I am the co-founder of the CURE Bears project, which supports the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. I started this page to help get the word about the project out, but I CANNOT FIGURE IT OUT. I had an Angelfire page a long time ago and it was a piece of cake once I learned basic html but I am so CONFUSED with this one. In my old site when I entered my web shell the only two things I saw were index.html and /images but now I see NEITHER of those and all I see are /_private, /_vti_bin, /_vti_cnf, and stuff like that and I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT IT MEANS!!! Could someone please help me. If you could explain this to me I would appreciate it very much. My email is glamourgurl68@hotmail.com. Thanks in advance for your help!

Elizabeth

Posted by sc3/curebears at 10:08 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (1) | Permalink | Share This Post
Angelfire Toolbar / Performance Improvements / Other Updates
Topic: News
Today, the Angelfire Team has launched a new toolbar feature on all free member pages. This toolbar replaces the search box and text links which were previously placed around the top ad. On most browsers, the space requirements for the bar is almost exactly the same as for the old text links-- we have been careful not to take up more space and "push down" member content with this change. The new bar includes two completely new features: a "share" feature that lets email pages to friends and a "Top100" list of member sites that we happened to like at the time. (This is a new feature and the criteria for inclusion hasn't been strictly defined yet. There are also more than 100 pages in the list. I'd like to move that to list pages which are well done and frequently updated, but that is still a work in progress.) The bar also includes links to the member directory, a link to report abuse, and an "edit" button so you can go right from your page to the builders if you are logged in.

I'm also happy to say that site performance has increased significantly in the last two weeks, but there is still room for improvement. Although the speed at which Angelfire responds to page requests has not changed, we have however made downloading files faster. We also have about 30% more server capacity coming on line soon and that will also improve things.

We will also be tightening our "remote loading" restrictions somewhat in upcoming weeks. Free users that use Angelfire solely to host files for other websites may find that ceasing to work. (They may also have their accounts removed.) However, we will be making more lenient other restrictions (such as with image search engines) to make things better for real Angelfire members. If you are just using AF to host your files, please consider creating a webpage or two or upgrading to any paid account.

Also: last week's issue reported here with Angelfire members sending email to AOL has been largely resolved. We have been advised that users that send a lot of mail to AOL may still be blocked, but the situation has been corrected for most.

If anyone sees any problems with the new release, please respond in this thread and the team will work to fix them. We are aware of problems currently with some small number of bottom ads in the rotation on some sites which can cause pages not to display properly for some users. (Other users will simply not see a bottom ad, but I don't think anyone will complain about that...) The team is looking at these problems.

This is a longer update than I had expected. I'll try and keep it shorter next time. :)

Posted by blog/jrp34 at 7:35 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (6) | Permalink | Share This Post
Building web site
Howdy, i so need to know, i have downloaded a sit ( Thunderwebsite free) n have made my web site, but i wanna know how to post it in angelfire. Anyone knows how please send me an email at sled_n_dirtbike@hotmail.com

Posted by punk5/careersbc at 1:31 PM EDT | Post Comment | Permalink | Share This Post
Help.
Hi Guys, What hap pends if I put shared with community but I think I have just found the answer here.

Posted by bc3/georgie at 8:32 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (4) | Permalink | Share This Post
Topics.
Hi Guys, How do I compromise the topics on my front pace as I can't find any thing sorry to a big big pain here but I don't really understand. Thanks for all your help. All the best. Georgie.

Posted by bc3/georgie at 6:43 AM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post
Monday, 6 June 2005
Music Question
Mood:  not sure
Um I'm helping my friends by posting a site about their band and they want me to put music files in the site so people could hear them. Is that possible to do on Angelfire and if yeah can someone help me please.

Posted by band2/therowdys2005 at 7:08 PM EDT | Post Comment | View Comments (2) | Permalink | Share This Post

Newer | Latest | Older